Re: New Revolutionary Quick Release?

Postby ripper tom » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm

JMF
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby JMF » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 am

Guys we forgetting one thing here. Manufacturers have put themselves in a situation now where if they don't come up with a something new and "revolutionary" every year they lose market share because every other manufacturer is doing the same. I mean look at the new Cabrinha bar talk about over engineered!!! would love to see that thing perform in sand test.

I'm in the keep it simple camp fly F-One Bandits 4's and safety could not be simpler and it works. All the bells and whistle crap others keep coming up with is just a ploy to try and differentiate themselves from everyone else. Sad thing is they using "SAFETY" for me one of the all encompassing features you should be judging a kite by, as some kind of tool to lure prospective new buyers. Even if the system has been proven not to be so effective.

Many people new to the sport believe it or not do not know about Kitefourm and are left to make decisions by themselves or have the wool pulled over there eyes and pimped on to a certain brand. Like Toby mentioned a time has come for all manufacturers to band together and adopt ONE universal standard safety system proven to work in any situation. This will totally eliminate any doubt in customers minds with regards to safety measures and unscrupulous dealers. Kite performance/price should be the only thing newcomers to the sport should have to be worrying about!!!

In saying that unfortunately we in our sport we have a few overriding factors that dominate no matter how good safety systems are. Human judgment/error and mother nature. Non of these variables the manufacturer have control over unfortunately.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Biggest gear failure I had was an F-One chicken loop - the plastic/nylon/whatever body snapped off ... I'd settle for solid over simple!

JMF
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby JMF » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Kamikuza wrote:Biggest gear failure I had was an F-One chicken loop - the plastic/nylon/whatever body snapped off ... I'd settle for solid over simple!
Curious which one?

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby flyingweasel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 pm

Last edited by flyingweasel on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:06 am

JMF wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:Biggest gear failure I had was an F-One chicken loop - the plastic/nylon/whatever body snapped off ... I'd settle for solid over simple!
Curious which one?
Erm ... maybe B-III? The F-One kites all looks the same to me :D I do remember seeing on here that they'd recalled or were issues free replacements for that model ... design flaw maybe.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 am

Not sure if this had been said before but will this release work when not under tension?

If your kite falls back into the window and the lines go slack, if you try to twist the release won't the whole chicken loop turn. You need the lines under tension to give you something to turn the release against. The pull away chicken loop always work as you are pulling against your body.

Not that revolutionary I think!!

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:14 am

tom the ripper wrote:http://vimeo.com/28148116 :roll:

If that is an independent test, then the twist system doesn't work very well if there's any sand around.

Twisting depends on how you grab the release. You can have a very small range of twist if you grab it the wrong way. Once there is force required, the chickenloop distorts and uses up much or maybe all of your range of movement.

Return to “Kitesurfing”