Kiting since: 2004
Weight: 175
Local Beach: Gunpowder, Matapeak, Triton
Style: Freestyle/Big Air
Gear: Slingshot RPM/RPX/SST/FUEL
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby BizB » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:01 am

Geronimo79 wrote:Nope not a pulley but a ring. Also only a V bridle not full.
But if you want you can always direct connect it.
Sorry. C-kites don't have bridles. Not a full bridle; not a "V bridle". If I want a reduced performance, I can direct connect?

Not interested. Thanks for the effort, though.

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:23 am

BizB wrote:
Geronimo79 wrote:Nope not a pulley but a ring. Also only a V bridle not full.
But if you want you can always direct connect it.
Sorry. C-kites don't have bridles. Not a full bridle; not a "V bridle". If I want a reduced performance, I can direct connect?

Not interested. Thanks for the effort, though.
So the Hadlow isn't a C-kite? :?: :?: :!: :!: The Judge has a similar smaller v-bridle as the hadlow and can be flown on direct 4 lines just like the hadlow. The Judge "bridles" even look significantly smaller than the Hadlow's bridles. Pretty obvious that the Judge is a C-kite if we are gonna call the Hadlow a C-kite. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by grantman54 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jakemoore
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Gear: More wing than kite
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jakemoore » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:28 am

BizB wrote:Sorry. C-kites don't have bridles.
I guess the GK Lift, Windwing Rampage and Wikipa Airblast weren't C Kites either on that standard.

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:38 am

Bizb,

We challenged Dimitri on this same issue on the prototype kite. A true c-kite has no bridle of any sort, so he made it possible to ride both ways. Straight connect / true c-kite or easier to relaunch, small v bridle. I'll let Dimitri confirm, but the Judge should have both options.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Poster: hajvar
Great job Dimitri!
I hope you guys made it safe without too much damage...
Can't wait to try the new stuff....
I would really like to have kites that fly perfectly hooked and unhooked without having to trim them.
Cheers and keep up the good work.
Thank you "hajvar".
All the Epic models don't need trimming. I try to do my best so when you take your kites for the 1st time out from the bag they are ready to fly perfectly with out trimming. So if you unhook, the kite stays there with out back stalling. But some times you will need to pull the strap in order to de-power the kite or to make it non responsive. Few riders do that so it kills the speed of the kite for power moves. So the kite is less responsive.

Thank God of technology and I can post few words using my IPHONE.

P.S. The Outer Banks got seriously damaged from hurricane Irlene. Waves, Salvo, Rodanthe, Avon, Buxton, Hatteras, and so on have new inlets and it will take a long time to fix them. So please get in touch with your renters if you plan to take a trip this fall. Our property got damaged but nothing compare to other people. Will have plenty of demos starting September 5th here on the Outer Banks, NC.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Poster: toyletbowl
We challenged Dimitri on this same issue on the prototype kite. A true c-kite has no bridle of any sort, so he made it possible to ride both ways. Straight connect / true c-kite or easier to relaunch, small v bridle. I'll let Dimitri confirm, but the Judge should have both options.
Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com
Hello guys,
You have to understand that on the JUDGE "C" kite we decided to put a small "V" attachment so it makes it way easier to relaunch the kite. This is the only difference it makes on the kite. But if you don't like the idea and you feel that you are "special" and you don't need the "V" attachment, then just remove it and use the straight attachment. I don't see people giving other companies a hard time about the "5th line connection"!!!
The funny thing is that I was in Greece recently and lots of people were demoing the JUDGE 8 & 11. And few riders that do a lot of power moves were very impressed at how fast the JUDGE was relaunching. Actually one of the guys did remove the "V" connection to test the difference but then after 40 minutes he put the "V" connection back because every time he was crashing after doing some power moves the kite was on its side waiting for him to lift it out of the water. So this saved him lots of time relaunching his kites. (Don't worry I have lots of testimonial videos to show you).

The big question is: DO YOU WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME iN THE WATER RELAUNCHING YOUR KITE AFTER WORKING ON YOUR NEW POWER MOVES OR GET BACK ON YOUR BOARD AND TRY IT AGAIN WITH OUT WAITING TO RELAUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kiteriding
Medium Poster

Postby kiteriding » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi Dimitri,

Nice lineup. 3G will be a good year for Epic.. BRAVO.

La Déco 3G est vraiment hot. Bravo.

When the 2G Infinity will be ready ?

Hope your house is good after Irene. Pas beau à voir en images.

Bye
Stef.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Poster: "Dj A-Ron"
Dimitri,
Can you tell us what changes, if any, were made to the different models and sizes?
Hello "Dj A-Ron",
We finally got some internet access on the island so I will try to respond to your question the best and easiest way I can. There is never ending development, testing, riding, adjusting, testing, adjusting.... you get the idea.
Our 2011 kites were so successful that it would be hard without the riders input to improve on the performance, quality and graphics, but with everyone's help this is what we did.

For example, we begin with the Screamer 7 since the smaller sizes are always easier to work with and took the SCREAMER 10 ltd "2011" (the LTD is always our pilot of new generation of kites) and incorporated some of it's ideas into the SCREAMER 7 , and it blew our minds, so we did the same on the SCREAMER 9 and SCREAMER 12. This made the new generation Screamer 9 & 12 faster with a little more power then the 2011 and with more hang time. The Screamer 7 gained more stability and became sturdier with more pop (so far the Screamer 7 is my favorite kite). Also we tried to do the same thing with the SCREAMER 14 but it did not work. So we continued to work on the SCREAMER 14 and while we kept the same profile, we were able to make it faster turning with less bar pressure.

For the RENEGADE "3G" models we started with the RENEGADE 11 (2011) since it is our best seller and incorporated that feeling into the RENEGADE 9 and it made the Renegade 9 "3G" much faster then the 2011 with less bar pressure and better pop, but a little less grunt then the 2011. The feeling is incredible, so we took the same idea and made the RENEGADE 5 & 7. The RENEGADE 11 stayed the same as the 2011, with a few minor tweaks.
We are also still working on the INFINITY v2. This kite was also our best seller next to the R 11 so we want to make the new INFINITY more powerful with out loosing its turning speed. So we are still working on it.

For the new SCREAMER 10 LTD "3G". This is a totally new concept then all the other SCREAMERS. We took away a wee bit of the power that the SCREAMER 10 (2011) had and made it much faster with an incredible hang time (the videos you will see of the hand time are not in slow motion). The kite loops are crazy....Every rider that has demo this kite loved it immediately.

So in a few words if you liked the 2011 kites I think you'll love the "3G" kites. But don't take my word for it. Just try them and see for yourself.

P.S. The SCREAMER 10 LTD is going to blow your mind. Because all you need is one kite as your quiver. Very good for hang time, very good for wave riding, very good for power moves.
Attachments
GOPR0493.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 pm

Glad to hear that Hatteras is coming back online. Seen alot of the videos of the damage.... Crazy!

Thanks for the info on the kites. It's always fun to see what you got going on with all the new products. It's cool that you release new products and info throughout the year. It keeps the stoke alive. The 3G idea is a good one.

More power in the V2 Infinity?! :o Really!!!???? Now I need to sell my Infinity and buy ANOTHER new kite....great. 8)

When is the Reni 13 available?! I want it, I NEED IT! That Yellow / Black color combo is DOPE! You never talk much about the 13m. Is it similar to the 11m or more like the Infinity profile? Any info on the Reni 13 would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Aaron.

DenisLaMenace
Medium Poster
Local Beach: It's a secret spot
Favorite Beaches: Ask flipper231
Style: I'm French Canadian so my style is weird
Gear: Everything that can fit into my Honda Odyssey
Brand Affiliation: Webmaster at http://www.kiteforum.ca

Postby DenisLaMenace » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Dimitri

what about the Renegade 13m. what can we expect. some guys in Montreal eager to test this one. will make sure Stef order somes.
Dimitri M wrote:
For the RENEGADE "3G" models we started with the RENEGADE 11 (2011) since it is our best seller and incorporated that feeling into the RENEGADE 9 and it made the Renegade 9 "3G" much faster then the 2011 with less bar pressure and better pop, but a little less grunt then the 2011. The feeling is incredible, so we took the same idea and made the RENEGADE 5 & 7. The RENEGADE 11 stayed the same as the 2011, with a few minor tweaks.
We are also still working on the INFINITY v2. This kite was also our best seller next to the R 11 so we want to make the new INFINITY more powerful with out loosing its turning speed. So we are still working on it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”