La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites (3rd Generation. 3G kites)

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:58 am

Hi Dimitri,

I know you have a lot going on with your recovery from the huricane.

One question;

When will the 3G website be up and running?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Dimitri,
I know you have a lot going on with your recovery from the hurricane.
One question;
When will the 3G website be up and running?
Hello "Dj A-Ron",
Yes we got hit hard here on the Outer Banks. I have a lot going on such as trying to get my house back and running while working on the EPIC kites and taking care of our customers. It is terrible what happened, but thank God we still have a house, compare to other people.
We should have the new "3G" EPIC web site up and running hopefully by the end of September middle of October. If you think the "3G" products graphics are amazing wait until you see our new redesign EPIC web site :o
I want to have this web page ready and running by the time the new "3G" kites (SCREAMER & RENEGADES) are here.

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board

Postby Balloonboy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:09 pm

You should make up a t-shirt for those without an Epic kite.
How about:
"I'm in denial"

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:19 pm

You should make up a t-shirt for those without an Epic kite.
How about:
"I'm in denial"
This is a fantastic idea. :thumb:
We are working on the INFINITY t-shirt at the moment and will have something for you soon. Then will work on the "I AM IN DENIAL" idea shirt. Make something funny. :lol:

P.S. This is the idea we have for the INFINITY t-shirt.
Attachments
Infinity shirt.jpg

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:40 pm

I'm happy to hear that your house survived. :thumb:

Excited to see the new website. All the new graphics and color options are very impressive.

GOOD JOB!

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Dimitri,
Just want to say thanks for listening to your customers. We asked for a faster 11R w/ the same power, you made it. :thumb: Then we wanted something for light wind that wasn't a truck, you came up with the "Infinity." What about directionals? Now you have the "Reefs." C-kites? the "Judge". I have personally requested a bigger Renegade and an upgrade to the pulleys and again you listened. There are a few kite companies that have very good customer service such as Slingshot and North. From my experience however, none have been as responsive as Epic. Some people bash you for pimping on this forum. Yet, almost every kite company uses this forum to introduce their new line/products, a thread usually started by "Toby". The only difference I noticed is that yours gets 10 times more hits because you are always responding to questions/inquires or getting current footage of your new stuff. So much that you now have a few threads on "Epic." I say keep doing what your doing, people don't have to click.

OK, one more request that NO other kite company is doing that I think all cutomers would appreciate. How about throwing in an extra trim line with every new bar. I'm sure most won't mind paying a few extra buck to cover your cost since this will be the first and possibly only thing they will need to replace. I know you share the same bar as Blade so maybe this will be beyond your control. Anyway, Keep up the good work!

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)

Postby Dj A-Ron » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 pm

^^^ Extra trim line and leash line (mini 5th line). My trim line is fine, it's the leash line that wears out the fastest.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Guys thank you very much, but I am just doing my job by making sure you guys are happy.
I will try to do my best to get this done. But when you mean a Trim Line do you mean the "Depower Strap" ??? (see picture bellow).
So far we are giving an extra set of 15 meter lines with all the Renegades and the INFINITY will come with an extra set of 5 meter lines so you can fly it with 22 meters or 27 meter lines for more power. Then the JUDGE will come with an extra set of 18 meter lines so you can fly it with 22 or 18 meter lines plus an XL Chicken Loop so you can replace it with the one that comes with the bar.

P.S. iblocalsurfer, if you have a problem with your Trim Strap please let me know.
Attachments
photo-9.jpg

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:39 am

See what I mean about responsive. My bar is just fine because I rarely use it. I had other 4 line bars when I bought your kites and just waiting for those too wear out. I just know from past experiences with other bars that also use the gray amsteel rope. The gray rope(and flag line) usually wear out from the hole in the bar. Some bars, like Naish, wear out quick and you have to get the replacement from Naish. The rope on the North and Slingshot bars lasted longer and you could get a replacement at West Marine for $10. I just think anything that needs to be replaced before the seasons end should be thrown in, especially if its an inexpensive part. I would have appreciated an extra gray line when I bought my other bars new. Like I said, the Epic bar has only been used about ten times and still looks the same as when I got it.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:27 pm

What are your plans regarding the release of the next Infinity. Any changes in Graphics and main colors, control bar, kite performance over current model. The Renegades and Screamers have much more interesting graphics designs though I do like the new Infinity tee shirt.
We are still working on the INFINITY v2 (3G). The 2011 INFINITY are a big success and we are keeping on getting sold out of INFINITIES, so why change it!!!!
But I think we can make the INFINITY v2 have a little more power with out loosing its turning speed. So this is what we are working on. Making the INFINITY v2 a little more powerful with a little more up wind ability and better hang time. We are still working on the final prototypes so I don't want to show anything yet until we are done. The INFINITY v2 will keep its blue color and the graphics will be similar with some small changes. Once everything is ready will post some pictures.
Also the INFINITY v2 will come with an extra set of 5 meter lines in the bag, so you can fly it with 22 meter or 27 meter to increase it's power since most of the big kites from other companies use at least 25 to 28 meter lines. But with the INFINITY v2 you will have a choice of using (22 or 27 meter).

I hope this answers your questions :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”