Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

S2 Bar - centre leash line setup questions...

Forum for kitesurfers
Stace
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Stace » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:38 pm

Hi guys,

I’m just setting up a new S2 bar and need some help. I’ve never used a leash line connected to the front lines before and wondered if there are any safety issues with this (i.e. any particular lengths to have the line to be safe.)?? Also, are there any good techniques for leash set-ups you can let me know about (i.e. stop know with sliding ring etc)?

I currently have a 5 metre leash running off the chicken loop, which seems extremely long to me. I’ll be using a 12m Rhino and a 7m Cabrinha BT.

Many thanks,

Stace

Stace
Medium Poster

Postby Stace » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:00 pm

oops...I meant 'Stop Knot'.

Am I asking a stupid question? Maybe this is really obvious and easy to do, but not to me!

Stace

uipko
Rare Poster

Postby uipko » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:57 pm

The leash-system works as follows: its makes a difference in the line lenghts. This difference has to minimal as long as the span of your kite. So for exaple the rhino 12 has a span of 10m, so you have to create a difference in line lengths of 10m. If you're leash is connected 5 m from the bar at one of the leader-lines the difference will be 2 times this length = 10m.

Hope you understand it, it's hard to explain and my english is not so well :smile:

Return to “Kitesurfing”