Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Demos in OBX (NC) USA

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Epic Demos in OBX (NC) USA

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Hello guys,
I have had a lot of emails and call about people wanting to demo the new (3G) kites so EPIC KITES is having demos here on the Outer Banks, NC (USA) from October 3 to November 15th.
If you are interested in demoing the new "3G" kites and boards or even the (2011) kites, please feel free to contact me via email at: dimitri@epickites.com

So far we have been having a great turn out, and have converted few kiters after demoing the EPIC kites. I am telling you this warning works:
'WARNING. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER KITE UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE AN EPIC KITE'

P.S. We have been doing demos in the ocean and on the sound. Even on rainy days. So get ready for some epic session.
Attachments
DSC_0065.jpg
DSC_0279.jpg
IMG_8793.jpg
Cameron doing a demo on Tutor.jpg
Dimitri on S14 in 12 to 15 knots.jpg
Cameron teaching.jpg
DSC_0187.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg
DSC_0263.jpg
DSC_0288.jpg
DSC_0149.jpg
DSC_0249.jpg
DSC_0154.jpg
GPV_10_06_11-53.jpg
DSC_0287.jpg
DSC_0116.jpg
DSC_0298.jpg
Dimitri Strapless on Reef 5'7".jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Re: Epic Demos in OBX (NC) USA

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:35 pm

The temporary bridge to WAVES/SALVO/AVON/BUXTON just opened yesterday. The EPIC demos will be conduct in all these arias. So if you are interested to demo the "3G" kites and boards or the 2011 kites then do not hesitate to contact us at: dimitri@epickites.com
Will be posting on few forums and FaceBook the locations we are conducting these demos. So you can come and test the kites yourself and let us know what you think. Right now we are in Nags Head (ocean side & at Jockey's ridge) but next week will be down in Waves & Avon.

See you on the water for some EPIC sessions....... :thumb:
Attachments
GOPR9978.jpg
GPV_9_19_11-4.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:51 am

Hello guys,
These are few kiters demoing the EPIC kites in the sound at Jockey's Ridge in Nags Head (NC-USA). The winds were South (8 to 13 knots) yes very light but we had few people demoing the INFINITY, RENEGADE 13 and the SCREAMER 14. Tomorrow we should be down in Waves or Avon depending the conditions or again in Nags Head at Jockey's Ridge. It is looking high 20's. We have been getting a lot of emails about our demos, so it looks like people are really enjoying the EPIC kites.
Attachments
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0047 (1).jpg
DSC_0025.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:19 am

Today was another epic day. It blew 15 to 32 knots. We did demo at Jockey's Ridge from 12 until 7 pm. These are some pictures of today. We should be down in Avon tomorrow.
Hope to see you on the beach.
Attachments
DSC_0068.jpg
DSC_0302.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0138.jpg
DSC_0108.jpg
DSC_0406.jpg
DSC_0355.jpg
DSC_0348.jpg
DSC_0341 (1).jpg
DSC_0188.jpg
DSC_0228.jpg
DSC_0131.jpg
DSC_0118.jpg
DSC_0075.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

This is one of the comments we got from "KITECLUBHATTERAS".
October 14th, 2011
Kiteboarding at Jockey’s Ridge, NagsHead, NC with Dimitri demoing Epic Kites

We had a blast kiteboarding at Nags head on 20-30mph West winds. The direction was side-on pretty steady. Started the day with smooth ride on Cabrinha Switchblade 2011 10m just enough to remember the comfort of riding this kites and surprise how they make things soooo easy and forgiving. Good boosts, then switched for a short sesh on my F-ones Revolt so I was out when Dimitri shows up offering me the Screamer 10m for a demo. I really had a blast on this kite, super easy for upwind, great great hang time and boosting, and I was surprised how easy and nice was to loop this kite -- and not to forget the recovery of the kite after the loop. Dimitri one of the team riders Read were boosting high on Screamer 14m.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 am

Hello guys,
We have been getting a lot of emails and calls about people wanting to demo the EPIC kites. So today because of some inquiries, we end up in Avon (NC.USA) for some demos while no one else was out because of the lack of wind. But at least few kiters were testing the INFINITY v2 for an hour until the wind came up for the Screamer 14 and Renegade 11.
Attachments
DSC_0016.jpg
DSC_0024.jpg
DSC_0028.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 am

These are some pictures of today's demo in Avon on the Outer Banks (NC - USA).
We have plenty of videos so you can see the expression on their faces after demoing the EPIC kites. Will have these videos soon but for now these are some pictures after the demo.

P.S. The raccoon did not want any thing to do with demoing the kites, but was nice enough to feed me after all this hard work.
Attachments
18by richard hallman7526.jpg
GPV_0067.jpg
GPV_0062.jpg
GPV_0045.jpg
GPV_0031.jpg
GPV_0028.jpg
GPV_0017.jpg
GPV_0007.jpg
GPV_0005.jpg
GPV_0003.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:46 am

Today was another successful demo day in Nags Head at Jockey's Ridge state park. As you can see from the photos bellow we had few people enjoying the EPIC kites.

P.S. One of the riders is Rocky Chatwell. He is a team rider and a dealer for EPIC kites, so he doesn't count
Attachments
DSC_0042.jpg
Rocky Chatwell 1.jpg
DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0044.jpg
DSC_0090.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0088.jpg
DSC_0078.jpg
DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0025.jpg
Dimitri Maramenides.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 am

Another great day of Demo today at Jockey's Ridge in Nags Head. The only bad thing was that the rain cleared out around 5:30 pm. So we had an hour of solid 25 knots and few people to demo the kite before it got too dark.
Tomorrow will be down in Avon for a Ocean session and also at Kite point for a flat Epic session. Any one who is interested to demo the kites can email us or meet us there.

(WARNING: DO NOT BUY ANOTHER KITE UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE AND EPIC KITE)
Attachments
DSC_0031.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 pm

This is an email I got from one of the kiters demoing the kites on the outer banks:

Merci beaucoup pour c'est belle journée de Démo Dimitri et de nous avoir fait passer de belles vacances! Les photos jointes sont des photos de toi qui ride ou bien de photo de la journée de démo.
Thank alot for the nice Demo week we had in OBX and thank alot from all my family because you make our trip incredible. All the kite i test were awesome and I think my next kite will be an Epic :D
Hope to see you next time in OBX and I wich you to continue to be EPIC :

Return to “Kitesurfing”