Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone else got scammed with this Mystic vest?

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Anyone else got scammed with this Mystic vest?

Postby Caesar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:40 pm

JMF wrote:Mystic rep MIA ? It's funny a mate of mine is actually the regional distributor for Mystic up here and I know for a fact that he wouldn't let an incident like this get so out of control. Even though this is a region related issue it sheds a bad light on the brand as a whole and has ripple effects everywhere. Slightly off subject but I'd like to think brands have customer service agents that float around popular websites like Kiteforum and monitor any issues relating to their products. Not just some rep that "heard it through the grape vine" and comes guns blazing unprepared. Am I being that naive to think that the internet age has yet to have any effect on how companies address customer service issues nowadays and still rely souly on the retail chain?

Not saying it's all shops out there. But there does seem to be this attitude at retail level that due to the nature of the sport the customer is seen to be pulling a fast one which is not always the case. Some unscrupulous retailers will take advantage of this fact I suppose. In South Africa the new CPA (Consumer Protection Act) bill came into effect in April of this year making South African consumers some of the best protected in the World. This sort of incident would not fly if put to the test I can assure you.

Keep us posted Caesar.
Don't hold your breath for a positive answer from them!
I haven't heard anything from Mystic regarding warranty or replacement.
Only the crap this mystifcuk guy/girl wrote here at the forum...

Cheers
Caesar 8)

E^Ri
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby E^Ri » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:50 am

Sounds like Mystic needs to take some customer service notes from Dakine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2372450&p=721729#p721729

wannakitesurf
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wannakitesurf » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm

If you go to a clothes store or a food store or any other store for that matter and buy something and then bring it back
because the item is defective, the whole situation is dealt with in the store, right?? The store does not say
"hang on, let me see what the manufacturer says about this"?? right.

A few years ago I bought a wetsuit from a kitesurfing store. The material started coming off itself like wool. I had only
worn it about 4 or 5 times. The first response from the kitesurfing store was to take pictures of it and send to the manufacturer
to see if they would cover it. In the meantime I was to keep using it and wait for response from manufacturer??

I don't understand this service at all. I did not buy the wetsuit from the manufacturer. I don't care what the manufacturer says.
I bought the product from the kitesurfing store. They are the ones I should have been dealing with period, and they are the ones
who should be giving me a new wetsuit immediately REGARDLESS of whether they get their money back from the manufacturer or not.

Thats what I think about my situation anyway. Am I right?

Drachenschmied
Medium Poster

Postby Drachenschmied » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:41 pm

yes, i think so...
Should go down like that!!!!

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:03 pm

I totally agree with Wanna

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 pm

wannakitesurf wrote:If you go to a clothes store or a food store or any other store for that matter and buy something and then bring it back
because the item is defective, the whole situation is dealt with in the store, right?? The store does not say
"hang on, let me see what the manufacturer says about this"?? right.

A few years ago I bought a wetsuit from a kitesurfing store. The material started coming off itself like wool. I had only
worn it about 4 or 5 times. The first response from the kitesurfing store was to take pictures of it and send to the manufacturer
to see if they would cover it. In the meantime I was to keep using it and wait for response from manufacturer??

I don't understand this service at all. I did not buy the wetsuit from the manufacturer. I don't care what the manufacturer says.
I bought the product from the kitesurfing store. They are the ones I should have been dealing with period, and they are the ones
who should be giving me a new wetsuit immediately REGARDLESS of whether they get their money back from the manufacturer or not.

Thats what I think about my situation anyway. Am I right?
Hi mate,

I agree with you too.
But King Of Watersports was kind enough to sell me a new vest at "cost price" (that's what they told me). I saw other UK retailers selling these vests at the same "cost price".
It must be a common practice there in the UK to buy and sell goods at the same price not making a Penny profit. :lol:

And what I got was not the item I asked for.
I ordered the 2011 model and received a completely different vest. The factory producing these vests wrote that it is not the 2011 model but a pre-2010 model and the angry Mystic UK importer argued about it.
Life goes on. Everybody reads this and can make up her/his mind what to do with these Mystic products and the retailer King Of Watersports I purchased the vests from.
Happy Kiting days.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

kitepilot
Medium Poster

Postby kitepilot » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:50 am

No Mystic for me...
I wouldn't buy from a company who hires dickheads like the one calling himself mysticuk. We have a mystic dealer in our local area and will let him know how bad their customer service is, the word will get around.
I have a dakine impact harness and I love it. Built tough, floats well, saves my previously broken ribs(kiteloop gone bad).
Sorry for the bad luck Ceasar. And, thanks for the heads up.

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Cost price LOL. Will keep bumping post until our Mystic friend comes out his hole. Caesar you a better man than me. No way I would have taken that lying down.

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Caesar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi,

Here is a photo of the "new" vest which I'm wearing since 4 weeks. The stitches are coming off already. :cry:

Mr/s. MystikUK, what now? Want me to send this piece of crap back from Brazil to the UK to get a new/same vest, wasting further energy, time and money on postage?
mystic-new-vest.jpg

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:21 pm

People have learned a lot spending more time on kiteforum...specially brands and their reps. If Mystic have been too, they would have handled that issue differently for sure.
I hope they learn from it and understand we have web 2.0 and the year 2011...

Return to “Kitesurfing”