Amb356
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Guincho ->PORTUGAL !

Postby Amb356 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:31 pm

Hello everybody !

I can go whith my brother(a windsurfer),in Guincho this week, but, I have do some search on net and I don' t find if this spot is good or no for kitesurfing ... It' is possible (My more little kite is a Free-air 7.1 and my board is a Kiteloose WK 140 but my weight is 65 Kg,so, i don' t kite if the wind is over 30 knots ...).

Thanks to all and sorry for my horrible english ... :oops: :oops:
:bye:

CC
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby CC » Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:13 pm

The wind at Guincho can become realy strong, that means around 30 knots and more. There are some days with less wind of course . The waves can be around 2 meters.
There is also a nice current in direction to the rocks, so if you drop your kite be quick.
If you are lucky you will have some moderate days with winds around 20 knots and little waves. It's just a question of luck.

http://www.geocities.com/claudiomcarlos/guincho.htm.

Take a look at the photos to have an idea.
In my opinion you will find better / more secure places to kitesurf in Portugal.

Enjoy your stage :thumb:

stru
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: p unit

guincho

Postby stru » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:47 pm

Guincho is the kind of place where people kitesurf when there is no wind in the spots around.Its very, very windy. So check first windguru.cz and the alternative portuguese spots http://www.mar.com.pt/Surfaction/Spots.htm . Good kite trip :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”