Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby L0KI » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:18 am

Hey, I've got a really good idea for all the kite companies.
Make a kite that flies great and don't get crazy with prices and you will sell a ton of kites.
I don't care if Slingshot or Cabrinha makes good kites if their prices are crazy high.
I don't care if the very cheapest kites are cheap if they fly like crap.
Some of the lower priced kite brands are gaining market share every year, because their kites fly great.
Make great kites and let the chips fall where they will.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 am

Oldnbroken wrote:Some of the lower priced kite brands are gaining market share every year, because their kites fly great.
... then they jack the prices because well they're entitled to now aren't they :o

KAWIKA
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Switch don't get payed by Switch luv the kites & price
Been thanked: 0

Postby KAWIKA » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 am

Ha Ha the Switch army is growing !!whats so funny is the only people bitching and say that the kites have high bar pressure & the kites are made cheap are the high price competitors.the forum has become a joke with look at me posts everyday just to put the topic on the top of the page and if Switch payed for a banner All the other companys would start bitching and quit advertising on the forum :thumb: Toby have you tried the kites :jump:

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Jdizzle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 am

@Geronimo79

Your posts are not constructive, as I can never understand a bloody sentence you write! For your information, I am not affiliated with Switch and I do not own or even want a Switch kite at this time. I ride Ozone kites, and am totally stoked with their gear!

I am however very interested in Switch, as they are selling killer products at awesome prices! I think a lot of brands do not like the fact that Switch are selling kites that can match their quality and construction, but are retailing at almost half the price :thumb: For these reasons I would like to continue hearing more about them on this forum.

I believe Switch kites could have a real impact towards reducing the cost of kites across the board! Which in my opinion is a very good thing!

As long as Mark Jacobs continues to own on the PKRA...people will have to continue to take notice :thumb:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:54 am

Er Presidente wrote:@ Tautologies

Hey man I respect you a lot. I have to say you contribute and you answered many question about Naish products. But don't accuse other of "pimping" cause it feels like you do the same.
I still have to read one post where you do NOT like a Naish product and where a new model kite is WORSE than last year model. For Naish at least.....
So let's be fair.

Well, that is true. I use the term pimping with caution as some will call anything they disagree with pimping, and some will barely call anything pimping. Actually I think pimping is a funny exression.
I do like a lot of products. Most of the ones I try is from Naish. I do write about other things too. I barely ever write anything negative about anything. There are two reasons for it. First of all I really do like a lot of different things, and just because I feel one thing is not something I will do a lot of, the quality is usually there. I also know that someone will disagree with me because it fits their style.

For instance I have for years said that the torch is not for me..(which I kind of have changed my mind on this year). It doesn't mean it is a bad kite, it just means for the riding style and conditions (and my messed up back) I have it wasn't what I was looking for then.

I also do not write anything bad about the Evo or the Bandit or the Takoon I owned...even if I sold those kites pretty fast. The reason is that unless they are badly made...or unsafe they aren't necessarily bad products. I am in kiteboarding to get away from negativity, and I really try to keep it positive. My focus is what the gear is good at. I also think I am pretty active in general as I learn a lot from this forum :-)

What is important here thought is that I will not give unsolicited information. Ie. if someone asks about the what kite to buy switchblade or bandit, I will not say buy the Park...it is the best kite ever made, even if I really think so.

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster

Postby Jdizzle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 am

@tautologies
I must say you do hold yourself with great dignity! I cannot refrain from letting somebody know if I think a kite is a dog, but I do it with their best interests at heart! I have come across a few dogs and they are usually from the same brand....

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:16 am

Ok since we are on the topic of Switch:

I have to say I think their kites actually look decent, their prices seem attractive, and I would like to try them but I have a few problems with what they are doing.

They have like over a 100 team riders on their site! Also, Many of the people on their team rider list don't even have kites and some people were/are never even team riders but Switch claims them? Also, from my understanding the only requirement to be a Switch team rider is you must live 100km away from the nearest team rider, like their kites, and be willing to demo you kites.

What is going on with that? I think they are doing some things right, but I find this very detrimental to the company's image. If I bought Switch kites and the guy next to me got the same kites for cheaper and is now a team rider because he filled out the form, I would be pretty disgusted.

One more thing about the spamming. They have some wetsuit contest going on where they say "Simply write a review of your Switch kite on any online kite forum, send us the link and you can get your hands on a piping hot Switch wetsuit fresh out of the lab."
Just seems a bit unprofessional for a company that came out as a no BS company.

Like I said, good luck to them but they need to get some things sorted out or clarified.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:27 am

For some constructive input...

I tested a Switch kite last week. It was an 8m, did not have time to check the model name.

Bar and lines were excellent, right up there with the best. Also kite build quality very very good. Depower cleat and line excellent. Chicken loop is fine but a little conky - the push out mushroom is very big and the release mechanism a bit complicated and hard to reassemble, but having said that it's still better than most 2011-2012 chicken loops I have seen (except for North which is the best).

Personally I did not like the way it flew. Very stable but a bit yanking on the gusts. Depower was adequate but not nealry as much as my Rebels. I distorted the leading edge during a fast downloop - maybe needs to be pumped really hard.

From memory my friends' Bandits and Slingshots also kick around quite a bit in the gusts and depower much less than Rebels on the bar throw, so final verdict is: this kite is very good value for money, you won't get a rolls royce but as a cheap and reliable runabout it's very good.

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster

Postby Jdizzle » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 am

Very good points grantman54, hardly a no BS approach! That's the downside of not forking out on advertising, Switch have employed an Epic style approach...which is definately not cool!

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:47 am

At least epic just asks for feedback in exchange for a week long demo. I think thats a fair enough trade. But the whole contest thing Switch is doing requires a review just for the chance to win a wetsuit.

Return to “Kitesurfing”