Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Forum for kitesurfers
ThePerchik
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby ThePerchik » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:58 pm

This forum is a private business. It was funded by and started by Toby and whatever investment he made. If he wants to have this rule in place (which i agree with) that's fine.

If this was some government forum or a service provided by taxes we pay then the free speech thing has a point. BUT, it is not. In that case, dont use or participate on this forum if you dont like it. Start one without such horrible dictator like rule (sarcasm).

Switch may in fact have a business model and policy not to advertise excessively in an effort to keep costs down, and that's fine. But how is that Toby's problem. He runs a forum that provides a service but it is a for-profit busienss. This isn't a charity.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:09 pm

PAFF wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Are you selling advertising or are you selling exclusive club memberships.

You are hosting a community, in return for hosting this community you get to sell advertisers access to us. Typically, they buy banners, and such, they don't get to control content of the site. That would be like a television news channel's content being influenced by the commercial advertisers.
I don't want to be pimped by any company, regardless of if they have paid to have access to us or not. In reality, it is not the advertisers pimping us, it is you who is pimping us out by allowing it and profiting from it.
Keep the advertising in the banners and out of the threads. One rule for everyone.

I dont get you mission...
You are defending a corp that want`s to abuse others work, to profit themself whit out giving anything back to the community or the people that have build a marketplace for them to use.

Why do you want to defend a company that behave like that?
Hey Paff

Not really defending anyone. I just don't think one person should have different rules then another just because they are a customer. That would be like one person who pays more taxes have more rights then someone that pays less or gets a refund. The forum rules are the forum rules, if "pimping" which imho doesn't really suit what is going on here is not allowed by Switch, then it should also not be allowed by anyone else... I mean look at what Epic is doing here... they pay for advertising, not the right to break the rules.

I'm not defending Switches actions, but fair is fair, rules are rules... so I ask Toby again, is he selling advertising or memberships to the "I can do and say anything I want club"...?

seal218
Rare Poster

Postby seal218 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:10 pm

ok if everyone who uses the forum not write it because can´t not put their opinion, I dont see where Toby will get the € $ to keep the forum !!!!

Toby have work because all the forum users and their exchange of ideas...

switch is more one

wannakitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby wannakitesurf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I didn't realise their were many "pimps" on here.

I think it would be fair to put a list up of those who are affiliated with a kite company so we have an idea of how much merit to put into their opinion that they give.

Toby...please provide list of those affiliated with kite companies..

Thank You

JerseyPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Hook to Kite Island
Style: powered
Brand Affiliation: consumer

Postby JerseyPride » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

tautologies is the biggest pimp on here :lol:

People should have it in the sig or under their profile name which brand tehy are affiliated with if any

I dont agree with deleting posts at all as long as they are not offensive

wannakitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby wannakitesurf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:24 pm

JerseyPride wrote:tautologies is the biggest pimp on here :lol:

People should have it in the sig or under their profile name which brand tehy are affiliated with if any

they should have, BUT do they? Toby????

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm

wannakitesurf wrote:

Dear Einstein, please inform Toby how the hell he should have any idea of who is affiliated to what? Reading all post and analysing whether it is the opinion of a pimp versus the opinion of a normal rider being very happy with his gear, and maybe loyal to a brand despite paying full price etc etc etc.

What brand am I affliated with? :o

wannakitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby wannakitesurf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Dr_Rosen wrote:
wannakitesurf wrote:

Dear Einstein, please inform Toby how the hell he should have any idea of who is affiliated to what? Reading all post and analysing whether it is the opinion of a pimp versus the opinion of a normal rider being very happy with his gear, and maybe loyal to a brand despite paying full price etc etc etc.

What brand am I affliated with? :o
idiot...........

I am obviously talking about the ones Toby knows of, the ones he knows are affiliated with the companies that he knows advertise here...DUH!!
It sounds like a lot of people on here know who at least some are.
Me, not being on here too often do not, and probably other new people don't either.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:44 pm

Well Toby seems to know well enough which posts are by the switch affiliated people.....

wannakitesurf
Medium Poster

Postby wannakitesurf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Laughingman wrote:Well Toby seems to know well enough which posts are by the switch affiliated people.....
good point..........

I think its a great forum by the way.

I am not bashing Toby in any way.

Would just like to make the best informed decisions I can... :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”