Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you Toby!

Forum for kitesurfers
dwarf
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why are posts about Switch kites deleted? Shame on you T

Postby dwarf » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Epic: Many annoying posts but at least most coming from owner himself who has a lot of passion for the sport and product. Ugly!!! kites though. :-)

Switch: Many annoying post, most switch owners are so called "team riders" which I find especially irritating as a forum user as it only provides biased info which pollutes the content. Kites are really nothing special but prices are good!

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hansen Design » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

If Toby wants Switch to advertise, he should present a detailed proposal (sales pitch) to Switch management showing irresistible cost/reward benefits which will increase sales sufficient to cover the attendant increased cost. If they are not convinced and choose to decline, that is their business decision. The present situation does not benefit anyone since the users here are more than able to determine what constitutes useless 'pimping' vs. beneficial information exchange.

To clarify, I design the kites as an independent contract designer and am not a Switch owner, shareholder or manager. That said, I have enjoyed Kiteforum for many years and appreciate the general sense of fair play. :thumb:
Laughingman wrote:Well Toby seems to know well enough which posts are by the switch affiliated people.....

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Bill, sorry, I took the first part out...that for sure is not fair play!

so if they don't like the offer (e.g. a full year starts at 850 Euro!!!) they choose to advertise for free, right? Great business! Are they doing the same with their customers? So the customer can say: hey, I don't like your price, I pay 100 bucks only, and you have to sell it for that price? Sure not!
I think it would be fair to put a list up of those who are affiliated with a kite company so we have an idea of how much merit to put into their opinion that they give.
I have a field in the profile where every affiliated person should post their affiliation, so people know.
I do ask users to fill it out if I come across someone who is affiliated and does not state it. This way it is fair to the user and values an opinion more. Too bad, not everyone uses it yet.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:12 pm

just to make sure some people understand:

the headline is not correct by saying all Switch posts get deleted.
What gets deleted is:

- "News" from Switch and their affiliates
- currently the reviews about Switch kites, since they run a promotion, if you post a review, you can enter a drawing to win a kite. And don't expect Switch to give a free kite to someone who did a negative review...so those reviews are completely biased. Once they stopped their promotion, then it will be a different story

Anything else, does not get deleted. Not sure why someone rants about that. Sometimes there is a reason behind it, unfortunately.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:14 pm

what amuses me is the weirdo's that don't get the fact that you need to pay for advertising if your selling product...

if i had a forum and had random pimps pimping without that company supporting i'd shut em down too..

now to all the non believers go off and make your own forum and chat unihibited about what you want. maybe a face book pages or something.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Toby wrote:just to make sure some people understand:

the headline is not correct by saying all Switch posts get deleted.
What gets deleted is:

- "News" from Switch and their affiliates
- currently the reviews about Switch kites, since they run a promotion, if you post a review, you can enter a drawing to win a kite. And don't expect Switch to give a free kite to someone who did a negative review...so those reviews are completely biased. Once they stopped their promotion, then it will be a different story

Anything else, does not get deleted. Not sure why someone rants about that. Sometimes there is a reason behind it, unfortunately.
Actually no where in the headline is the word "all".
- currently the reviews about Switch kites, since they run a promotion, if you post a review, you can enter a drawing to win a kite. And don't expect Switch to give a free kite to someone who did a negative review...so those reviews are completely biased.
Toby there is no way that you could prove that unless someone from Switch openly admitted it. You could look at it as a chance to change someones mind who was disappointed for what ever reason.

What if I decided to share Switch news, would you delete my posts. I have absolutely no affiliation but I do like to share news from time to time...

seal218
Rare Poster

Postby seal218 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:41 pm

one word and is in the tittle "SHAME"

what matters is that this post demonstrates more than ever the switch upsets many people

and I use bladekites not switch kites for now ...

SHAME

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:00 pm

now you know you cannot share news for Switch, simple ;-)
every other company is welcome :thumb:

seal218
Rare Poster

Postby seal218 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:14 pm

for me Bye Bye KITEFORUM... you dont respect people

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Dear Switch guys guys. It is quite simple. Just copy and and paste e.g. a Tautologies or Dimitry post, replace Naish/Epic with Switch and the appropriate model name of your flying fabric and voila, you are not pimping but providing the community with valuable information ....... :thumb: :rollgrin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”