Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Thoughts on pulling a skier behind me?

Forum for snow- and landkiters
AndKite
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, waves
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thoughts on pulling a skier behind me?

Postby AndKite » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:49 am

We have a snowkite-school at a small skiresort in the north of sweden, and i have been playing around with the idea of pulling people. Last year I towed some friends to the top of a little hill just by them attaching their skipoles to my HP-leash line. No speeding, just slow towing.

I am going to ask the ski area if they have an extra "button lift" from one of the kids lifts. I imagine having a few meters of line on it with a climber carbine hook on the end, and just click it into the back of my harness and voila, a lift for peole =) Should be fairly safe, much like the normal button lift. If you fall, you loose the button. This way it will be easier for people to get towed, and I also imagine it will look cool!

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Thoughts on pulling a skier behind me?

Postby Billy B. » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:14 am

It super easy to do, We tow Photogs behind us all the time with just a leash or two, from shot to shot. I would not over think it. If you feel you can tow her then go ahead and try. You can make enough drag to "hover" between the kite and a heaver person. But if you use the kite correctly then it is not a issue. The harder the snow the easier it is. I have towed students, broke down kiters, Photogs, and friends and family on and in everything from ski, boards and sleds n tubes it is lots of fun.

Return to “Snow / Land”