Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable Kites

Postby Toby » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Peter Lynn News:

Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable Kites

Peter Lynn brings you new kites, revolutionary to the brand! For 2012 we proudly bring you Leading Edge Inflatable kites! A valuable addition to the line-up and the next step in the Peter Lynn strategy to bring the best kites for each discipline of kite sports.

Peter Lynn stands for refined products, best-in-class materials and progressive designs and this vision can be recognized in the new LEI kites too. Designer excellence materialized into three brand new kites. Optimized profiles bring unprecedented handling and feedback to the rider, enabling you to progress faster in whatever direction you choose. This is also in line with the Peter Lynn philosophy to offer personal progression, adventure and excitement to the rider.

Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable kites

The new LEI kites, the ‘all area performance’ freeride Fury, the 'light wind & race' Fury Lite and the ‘all-round comfort’ intermediate Escape are all designed with optimized profiles and fine-tuned bridles, as you might expect from Peter Lynn’s expertise and pedigree in kite design. To be able to be allround successful, Peter Lynn invested all its resources and knowledge in kite development resulting in LEI kites offering exceptional rider feedback and a large wind range. Those are elements that are essential for any kiter to enjoy a kite in all disciplines and over a wide range of conditions. You can now check out the complete presentation at: www.PeterLynn.com

Win one!

You can still win one with the ‘One Brand, All disciplines’ competition on Facebook!
Attachments
Introducing LEI.jpg
Introducing LEI.jpg (262.7 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable Kites

Postby Jdizzle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Two words. unexciting and bland!

They are going to have to work on their graphics...there's so many sick looking kites out these days...and the new PL kites look boring....total lack of effort if you ask me!

I hope they fly better than they look....otherwise they wont be selling many :roll:

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby marekmk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:32 pm

peter lynn had nothing to do with these kites, they were not designed by him.......hanging out in NZ, rumor has it that he has never ever flown one..........how does that make it a peter lynn kite? its a company kite with his name used as branding..........enough cynicism in the world of commerce.......why does it have to raise it ugly head in this industry?.....does the kite have no merit without his name on it? how could they possibly ever sell these without convincing the buyer that PL had his unique original touch with these kites..........there is nothing original or unique about these flying puppies. :jump:

ced1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cannon Rocks
Favorite Beaches: Cannon Rocks, Flag Beach, Anse la Raie, Witsands, Dolphin beach
Style: Big air, wave riding
Gear: Airush, Underwave

Postby ced1 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

I guess opinions are just what they are, but just to clarify on the fact that Peter Lynn is in fact a brand… as referred to in the release.
Ferrari was founded by Enzo Ferrari, he's no longer around, his name became a brand. Just a point.

As for the graphics, I find some of the kites out there over designed, Pretty graphics don't make a kite. But of course that is my own opinion… I would prefer a kite with no design but that performs.
Anyway, I hope it won't get in the way of you trying one out.

Enjoy

Ced

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:38 pm

what ever I think of this cynical branding exercise it would never stop me from trying the PL kites..........if I have not flown a kite before there is always the excitement the this new toy just might be the ultimate kite to ride with...

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:40 am

I'd like to point out that though the new LEI may only have Peter Lynn's name on it it doesn't mean that it lacks any influence from Peter Lynn the designer.

The new LEI was designed by Pepijn Smit. (see link) Pepijn is also the current designer of Peter Lynn twin skin Arcs which were originally designed and developed by Peter Lynn. I'm sure there are some Peter Lynn influences in that wing somewhere. :D

http://www.peterlynnkites.com/news/0801news.htm

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:24 pm

marekmk wrote:peter lynn had nothing to do with these kites, they were not designed by him.......hanging out in NZ, rumor has it that he has never ever flown one..........how does that make it a peter lynn kite? its a company kite with his name used as branding..........enough cynicism in the world of commerce.......why does it have to raise it ugly head in this industry?.....does the kite have no merit without his name on it? how could they possibly ever sell these without convincing the buyer that PL had his unique original touch with these kites..........there is nothing original or unique about these flying puppies. :jump:
Isn't Cabrinha the same? Have you ever seen Pete Cabrinha riding that kites or being ever a designer of that brand?

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:25 pm

p cabrinha is very involved with the kites that bear his name, I have seen him in the factory sorting out various production issues and I,ve seen him flying his own brand, so I,m sorry my friend, your wrong about his lack of involvement with a brand that carries his name....

djavin
Rare Poster

Postby djavin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:23 am

when was de last time you saw Neil Pryde loop his windsurfgear :wink: did he ever? :P

lynn was a great inventor and his spirit lives on in the products carrying his name. I think it's a tribute, not an unworthy plot.

Now lets focus on the kites again :D Ced do you have the kites available at the Canon rocks classic?

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 am

Jdizzle wrote:Two words. unexciting and bland!

They are going to have to work on their graphics...there's so many sick looking kites out these days...and the new PL kites look boring....total lack of effort if you ask me!

I hope they fly better than they look....otherwise they wont be selling many :roll:
My kites are like my women, I don't buy them for their looks....
:cool2:

... Wait a minute... "I don't buy them...."
Say what?

:lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”