Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable Kites

Forum for kitesurfers
voodoospirit
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: alps lakes, alps mountain snowkites
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable Kites

Postby voodoospirit » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:28 am

from the text, i see that those kites are freeride oriented ( more or less), so the next twinskin will still be their freestyle kite ( C-shape), replacing the charger?

ced1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cannon Rocks
Favorite Beaches: Cannon Rocks, Flag Beach, Anse la Raie, Witsands, Dolphin beach
Style: Big air, wave riding
Gear: Airush, Underwave

Postby ced1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:04 am

djavin wrote:when was de last time you saw Neil Pryde loop his windsurfgear :wink: did he ever? :P

lynn was a great inventor and his spirit lives on in the products carrying his name. I think it's a tribute, not an unworthy plot.

Now lets focus on the kites again :D Ced do you have the kites available at the Canon rocks classic?
Yeah I'm working on setting it up so that you will be able to demo them at the Cannon Rocks Kiteboarding Classic http://www.cannonrocksclassic.com

So make a turn ;)

Ced

lisaped
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby lisaped » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:01 pm

marekmk wrote:p cabrinha is very involved with the kites that bear his name, I have seen him in the factory sorting out various production issues and I,ve seen him flying his own brand, so I,m sorry my friend, your wrong about his lack of involvement with a brand that carries his name....

I remember NP film in mid of 2xxx about Pete walking over the factory and silently knocking Pryde's door. I remember recent video from NP dealer meeting this year where Pete is showing himself to discuss how much attention was paid in the development of 2012 line. All that is BS. Can you give reference to his own kite videos showing him hero and founder of the brand? Not those where he surfs 25m wave on Maui in early 2000th.
when was de last time you saw Neil Pryde loop his windsurfgear did he ever?
That is the business of the old farter to hire a remarcable person for naming his brand but in 1999 when he started a kite brand there wasn't a remarcable kite person to name his brand that is why he took a surfer knowing that Pete learns or can kite. Therefore Cabrinha was a wrong name to his kite brand. But old man NP always knew how to make best of it :bye:

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:04 am

All I know that is that Neil Pryde is in the bike game. The best way to make a million dollars in the bike industry is to start with two million.

Next thing you know Gary Fisher will be building windsurfers?

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:19 am

Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari. None of the people are involved in the company that bears their names. Your point is what, exactly? :roll:

nicor
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby nicor » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:38 am

Ya the graphics are dull, but I remember when the c4 first came out and it was considered boring and bland, but look what a success it was and still is.

I don’t really care whose name is on the kite and why, if it’s a really good kite and well built I’d use it, if it isn't I won't. It's a business and I’d say most people want succeed, grow and make money, so what...I’m not going to be hypocritical about that.

snobdr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Dewey, Atlantic City
Been thanked: 0

Postby snobdr » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:51 am

Kamikuza wrote:Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari. None of the people are involved in the company that bears their names. Your point is what, exactly? :roll:
The founders of those companies are all dead. Ferrari's second son is vice chairman. Porsche's supervisory board is family members. Only lamborghini has no affiliations but i think they are still built in the original factory.
The peter lynn name has a long way to go before its even in the same league as them.

Hardwater Kiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Rough and tumble
Gear: Ram air and single skin Foil kites. Long skis to truck, short skis to huck.
Brand Affiliation: www.hardwaterkiter.com Authorized retailers of Flysurfer. Ozone, HQ kites and Gin kites.

Postby Hardwater Kiter » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:34 pm

If were talking in terms of the amount of wieght one's name carries in the automobile industry I agree Peter Lynn has some catching up to do.

In the world of kite design however, that is a different story.

I think the bottom line is this. The cynics will always resort to a lot of what has been discussed in this thread. They'll disregard something based on something like the fact that Mr. Lynn didn't design, stictch and fly the kite himself. Don't get me wrong, I'm a cynic and I do the same thing sometimes.

The bottom line is that I think there are very few "bad" kites being produced these days. THe reports that have been comming in on these LEIs have been great and I doubt anyone is going to try one and think it sucks. But that's what it comes down to, trying the kite and finding out first hand, for yourself.

:D

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:31 pm

snobdr wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari. None of the people are involved in the company that bears their names. Your point is what, exactly? :roll:
The founders of those companies are all dead. Ferrari's second son is vice chairman. Porsche's supervisory board is family members. Only lamborghini has no affiliations but i think they are still built in the original factory.
The peter lynn name has a long way to go before its even in the same league as them.
Oh you mean kites aren't luxury sports cars? Shock! :lol:

Point that seems to have been missed is that all those companies (and a heap of others) bear the name of THE founder that is no longer part of the company. In other words - so what if Peter Lynn Himself isn't involved? It's a stupid thing to moan about.

If anything, the companies I listed trade on their names to a greater extent than PL kites ever has ...

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:16 pm

I beg to differ, if you are buying a item from me do you not want to know that it was myself selling it of would you prefer that the item belongs to a third or forth party and they are selling it using the decency of my name?

Return to “Kitesurfing”