Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Looking to buy strap hardware shipped from/to USA/Canada

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Looking to buy strap hardware shipped from/to USA/Canada

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri May 06, 2011 12:59 am

Hello,

Don´t know about you but all the new strap/pad systems can be a bit complicated and incompatible between different board brands.

I have been using Mystic Straps on my boards for years, and love them, the best way to fix the screws through the straps is with the little rectangular rounded corner teethed metal plates (not sure the name), that look like these: http://www.nice-kites.com/NICE/T-Rex.html

These work much better than regular stainless washers in my opinion because they fix the strap, and are rectangular letting the strap bend at the attachment as it should.

Everyone used to stock them but i have not been able to find any today. I have been given the manufacturer contact in Thailand (Nice Bindings/PMT) but i think i would need to ship a bunch for them to be worth it and maybe it is a huge hassle all the way from Thailand.

I´d like to buy around 100 of these, to have sets for 25 pairs of straps.

Please help!

SweetDoug
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Oliphant/Sauble Beach, Canada, Ontario
Favorite Beaches: See Above
Gear: None yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Looking to buy strap hardware shipped from/to USA/Canada

Postby SweetDoug » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Try these guys...

Brafasco and Fastenal. They're in Canada and the US.

They sell all sorts of fasteners and such. If they don't have it, they might be able to give you a lead.

I buy my stuff from the "Home Hardware" in Canada. Tee Nuts are super cheap there.

Hope it helps.

SweetDoug

zfennell
Very Frequent Poster

Postby zfennell » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:43 pm

http://www.windance.com/anti-twist-wash ... 10977.html

Windance calls them anti-twist washers.
stainless sounds like a good idea.

see if they still got 'em.

-bill

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks guys!

flyyboyy
Medium Poster

Postby flyyboyy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:26 am

SweetDoug wrote:Try these guys...

Brafasco and Fastenal. They're in Canada and the US.

They sell all sorts of fasteners and such. If they don't have it, they might be able to give you a lead.

I buy my stuff from the "Home Hardware" in Canada. Tee Nuts are super cheap there.

Hope it helps.

SweetDoug
I just checked Home Hardware and all they had was Steel Tee Nuts. Are you insetting steel Tee Nuts in the board? What about rust?

Return to “Gear Builders”