2009 Underground FLX 135x41
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Beginer

Postby konetoniolo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Well,

I want to start tracktion kite this year, on our brazilian winter

I kitesurf for a while, but dont know any tracktion kiter around my place.

I jave a lot of questions, like: What should i use? LEI or foil kites? what size should i start? a 16? what wind speed u guys usualy ride?

And more... is there a difference on board sizes, wheels, etc..

sry to bother and to create such a long topic (i belive its goiing to be long), but i dont have no one else to ask...

tnx for al the advices, ill be here! And if someone know cool videos, post please, so i can se more tecniques.

and forgive me for my bad english

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Re: Beginer

Postby Craz Z » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Traction kiting and deciphering your post I assume you want to begin landboarding, KGB (kite ground boarding) Right???

Traction kiting to me means static, grounded, an other words just your body and the kite.

First you should look at this thread. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2374096

You say you kite surf so you have kites. The kite will mean little to nothing any kite works in any discipline of kiting including ground boarding.

Um a 16 is not going to be your main kite unless its really light. Remember Ground boarding is one of the lowest resistance kiting that can be done so less is more in the size dept.

As far as size for wind speed its trial and error to find the perfect match for your area. If you kite on a 10m in the water maybe start 6-8 for ground boarding.

I've found through the years I can landboard in nearly the same conditions of snow and water as i can land. However when first starting take it slow the ground isn't as friendly as water or snow.

As far as boards again its like a kite anything will work. I have found I don't like spring trucks at all. look at the overall weight the expensive models are often times waaay heavier then the cheaper models. I would start my search with MBS, Ground Industries

This vid I must say is a way for you to dream and stoke your fire. These guys take it beyond belief.

konetoniolo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varzinha
Style: Freeride/Freestyle/Wave
Gear: 2010 Cabrinha Switchblade 12m & 9m

2009 Underground FLX 135x41
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beginer

Postby konetoniolo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Tnx man