Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: bringing kite stuff on Cebu Pacific from manila to Borac

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:03 pm

normally of those airlines flying to Caticlan have cargo. Seaair as well...check prices with them and then ship it. Easy!

buzzz
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby buzzz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:19 pm

I still prefer to travel with my gear on the same flight as me - everytime.

The excess baggage fee in the 'Pines is nothin' really ... for the peace of mind it buys, and much easier!

Plus, it's enough hassle & time taken getting from the crap Intl to the crap Domestic terminal as it is, let alone going to find the cargo area for whoever yr flying with... just a thought ... as, you've then got the caticlan transfer to boracay later on... but, i still love it ! :remybussi:

Kite Kasia
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Irish West Coast,
Gear: North Evo 2011: 6m, 9m,
North Evo 2010: 12m
Nobile 666 - Womens edition 126/38
Cyclone Kitesurf board
Nobile Skimboard
Has thanked: 0

Postby Kite Kasia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:17 pm

so what airline is the best/safest bet to fly with to Caticlan Airport from Manila?
I got to say I tried to check them all and I still can't get a clear picture of sports gear booking policies or charges.
It's fine when one comes over to stay for a long time, but 2 week holiday is too short to be loosing time and sanity trying to resolve transport issues.
Any advice guys?
Airphil Express?
Cebu?
Philipinne Airlines?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

Kosh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow IDS 9m2
Cabrinha Crossbow IDS 13m2
Cabrinha Imperial 2008 128 board
Brand Affiliation: Promotes Cabrinha for the national distributor.

Postby Kosh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Going to Caticlan with Cebu Pacific works fine.
You have to pay around 4$ for each kg above 10kg though, and they most likely will check that your hand luggage is not above 5kg.
Though when we arrived at the terminal i Manila, they told us they could only take a maximum of three kitebags on each flight to Caticlan. So 4 of us (we were 7), were booked onto the next flight going to Kalibu. No big deal except for a two hour bus trip afterwards to get to Caticlan.
Regarding leaving from Caticlan, there is no "three kitebag" limit (atleast not when we left).

Regarding rooms in Boracay: Boracay Royale Residency Inn was quite OK. Not on the beach, but in the middle between White Beach and Bulabog beach (next to Budget Mart shop in the center).
Levantin located on Bulabog beach is also recommened if you prefer to stay next to the kitebeach:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:35 pm

from Cebu you can take 30+20 kgs! Caticlan only 10kg !
or you cargo from Manila to Caticlan...no problem at all!

Olga
Rare Poster

Postby Olga » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I was going from Caticlan by Cebu air several days ago. In airport I was told that they do not have sports equipment rates. As well as no restrictions on golf-bags. Only weight (I paid about USD 50 for my 26 kg bag)
(by the way they did not weigh my hand luggage (both in Manila and Caticlan) )

A-L
Medium Poster

Postby A-L » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Best thing to do is dont use Cebu Pacific in the first place, they are by far the worst airline flying the Manila to Caticlan route, if you have a flight past 2pm you are probably going to have the small propellor plane flight cancelled and 2-3 flights all put on 1 jet aircraft and flown to Kalibo anyway.

You will get no refund on the extra luggage you have been charged for (Caticlan 10kg-Kalibo 15kg) or the more expensive ticket paid for a Caticlan flight, or any compensation for the loss of time.

The best Airline to use is by far Seair if you really want to fly into Caticlan, as they dont have a office in Kalibo you will always fly into Caticlan. Right next door to the terminal entrance is there Cargo Counter and as Toby says your luggage will more often arrive before you or on the same plane and for 1/3 of the cost.

Flights with Seair are reasonable going to Caticlan, however a bit more expensive (3 times as much) as all other airlines are for the return journey, never can quite work that one out yet in 4 yrs living there, but guess the bosses of the airlines gotta get there annual bonus paid for somehow?

PS. Spend a tiny bit extra and stay away from Cebu Pacific, it wont be a good start to what otherwise will be a wicked time in Boracay.

http://www.pinoytux.com/linux/cebu-pacific-sucks :angryfire:

A-L
Medium Poster

Postby A-L » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Kite Kasia wrote:so what airline is the best/safest bet to fly with to Caticlan Airport from Manila?
I got to say I tried to check them all and I still can't get a clear picture of sports gear booking policies or charges.
It's fine when one comes over to stay for a long time, but 2 week holiday is too short to be loosing time and sanity trying to resolve transport issues.
Any advice guys?
Airphil Express?
Cebu?
Philipinne Airlines?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

If you want a peaceful trip, unspoilt on arrival froget all 3 of the above, just spend a tiny bit extra on the flight and use Seair www.seair.com ......they are the best without a shadow of doubt!!

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Having read this entire thread i'm am possibly more confused than before.... Sea Air sounded the best from what you guys said but it appears it's only possible to fly to kalibo with them even though they do mention caticlan on their website. Also it seems that sea air are considerably cheaper than the others although i guess because thats to kalibo and not caticlan. With the bus from kalibo...is that simply a case of walking out the airport and jumping on or does that have to be pre booked as well? What are air phillipines like on baggage? They seem to be doing the best deal to caticlan...my bag will be 23kg. cheers

TroyFleur
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lantau, Hong Kong
Favorite Beaches: Boracay
Style: My stile is still lousy
Gear: Cabrinha, Nais

Postby TroyFleur » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Book your flight with Cebu Pacific on their website. During the process you can select "Sports Equipment" and you are set.

Return to “Kitesurfing”