Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Inflatables are Superior to Ram Airs on Snow/Land

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 am

Billy B. wrote:On snow.....Ok name them. :jump:
What's the point? I wasn't personally at any of the events so any data would be invalidated by your "No Second Hand Information" rule :(

Let's concede the point then and say that there are NO American pro riders using foils for any kind of kiting in pro events... what exactly does that prove? Except the obvious, of course...

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am

Billy B. wrote: I fully support Waynes hang glider vs paraglider statement. Rigid air frame vs soft foil filled with air that flexes and moves? One is stiffer and keeps it shape these are the rules of physics not hear say or quotes from a second source....
I do too as I stated above your comment. But it doesn't prevent me for preferring soft kites, and feeling safer, on water and in "up-to-a-point" gusty conditions.
Performance wise, hang-gliders and foils have in common a better L/D than their counterparts.

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 am

alexrider wrote:
Billy B. wrote: I fully support Waynes hang glider vs paraglider statement. Rigid air frame vs soft foil filled with air that flexes and moves? One is stiffer and keeps it shape these are the rules of physics not hear say or quotes from a second source....
I do too as I stated above your comment. But it doesn't prevent me for preferring soft kites, and feeling safer, on water and in "up-to-a-point" gusty conditions.
Performance wise, hang-gliders and foils have in common a better L/D than their counterparts.

Yup personal preference is what it is all about. If you enjoy your kite and it works for you then great, that's what matters to each kiter :thumb: your post was made while I was typing sorry for any confusion.

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:33 am

Kamikuza wrote:
Billy B. wrote:On snow.....Ok name them. :jump:
What's the point? I wasn't personally at any of the events so any data would be invalidated by your "No Second Hand Information" rule :(

Let's concede the point then and say that there are NO American pro riders using foils for any kind of kiting in pro events... what exactly does that prove? Except the obvious, of course...
Let's not concede the point let's put a reality check in place, I go to events then i make a statement from going to events, you say I am wrong I say prove your point and you can't...

Then you think a quick half ass comment that is yet another insult toward some one sharing personal experience is the best way to respond. It is people like yourself that stops other pros from wanting to share on this forum.

I know from your post in the past that I should not even bother to respond to your feather fluffing.

Keep on being a Internet troll, with a false sense of superiority and internet intellect. If you put as much time into kiting as you do in trolling and flaming you would probably figure out what a tool you seem to be online.. I hope you are much nicer in person.....your bullshit comments don,t seem to benefit this forums purpose of sharing the stoke and joy of kiting.

Perhaps some one who riders on snow in high mountain winds could use the ideas from experienced snowkiters sharing ideas here but instead you interrupt with your own personal agenda...

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:05 am

I said WISSA and you dismissed it because it didn't match your oddly specific criteria...

To the rest - yawn. I'm sorry your ego feels threatened but how about you just leave it at "Ride what you like" and cut out the false syllogistic arguments, yeah?

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:01 am

Kamikuza wrote:I said WISSA and you dismissed it because it didn't match your oddly specific criteria...

To the rest - yawn. I'm sorry your ego feels threatened but how about you just leave it at "Ride what you like" and cut out the false syllogistic arguments, yeah?
Great name the US pros that rode foils kites at the WISSA event.... That's what this is about you making bullshit statements like you always do, I say while at a event I only saw one us pro riding a foil kite, I didn't say how he did,what the brand was or how the kite pro formed, just that there was only one us pro that choose a foil kite at the North American snow kite Tour. Then you went onto tell me I was wrong, I said prove it because you are such a condesenting nice person to people, you treat kite company owners and other pros like shit, on this forum, you have no respect for people out there working there asses off placing their body's in danger so the sport gets better for everyone, these people are kite heroes that take their time to shar on this forum and f*** with them always...and only for your own personal jollys...

the wissa event doesn't fit my criteria because it is a second year event that has very little to do with snow kiting, it is however a race on a flat icee lake, something the US snow kite community is trying to step away from as our sport progress back county and showcases it's true potential. How did foil kites do at the ragnarok? That race has a few more competitors then the WISSA event, it takes place with terrain and gusty mountain wind that really represent snowkitings progress my friend Bjorn host and wins it, every year I get invited, did you, awe shucks that must be my ego again, did it seem threatened just now???

You see its not my ego that is threatened. I know where I rank because I go to contest and compete, when I am lucky enough to stand on the podium I know who is next to me and who is at these contest of pro US snowkiters, we are trying to progress the sport so gear, technique, and safety get better for the entire community world wide. Plus we would all like the sport to progress so we can spend less cash doing what we love.

You are a Internet kiter always pushing your own agenda, you bend the articles you read and the things you hear from your "friends" to suit what ever argument you have started on this forum. You don,t do dick for the sport but try to convence yourself that as a Internet kiter you must have self worth and value so on you go bang out garbage on your key board to keep yourself feeling important...and the worst part is you do it belittling other people.

I would like you to prove you validity, show us how you know so much about foil kiting on the snow, let's see some photos of you using your kite at the limits of it profamance, post some videos show us some results....

I am beating you can,t and you are stroking your cock while trying to pretend you can on line.

I don't have to stick with my ride what you like statement like you are telling me to do( again you stroking your cock again so as to try to feel like you are in control since that it what you want, cuz it's not about kiting to you it is all about you) since you can look back and see the same vib from me always.

I love to kite you love to Internet pretend...that's cool.

This has nothing to do about foil vs tube it all about you always fuming up conversations about kiting on this forum
Last edited by Billy B. on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:04 am

well own open cel a manta and access. closed cel speed 3 and lei's edge c4 reo.
you need to fly each one differently. tubes hindenburg. foils collapse if you fly them badly . im not surprised a tube flyer couldnt handle a foils in turbulent conditions .
as a general rule sle's have more power that a foil which makes them easier to fly in gusty conditions. but if you want a stability contest let go of the bar whileflying and see how long it takes for your kite to hit th deck. the lei's will be smashing into the deck within seconds.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:31 am

Billy B. wrote:Great name the US pros that rode foils kites at the WISSA event....
Who cares about pros? I'm not interested in the cult of personality - how did the gear perform?
Billy B. wrote:the event doesn't fit my criteria because it is a second year event that has very little to do with snow kiting, it is however a race on a flat icee lake, something the US snow kite community is trying to step away from as our sport progress back county and showcases it's true potential. How did foil kites do at the ragnarok? That race has a few more competitors then the WISSA event, it takes place with terrain and gusty mountain wind that really represent snowkitings progress my friend Bjorn host and wins it, every year I get invited, did you, awe sucks that must be my ego again, did it seem threatened just now???

You see its not my ego that is threatened. I know where I rank because I go to contest and compete, when I am lucky enough to stand on the podium I know who is next to me and who is at these contest of pro US snowkiters, we are trying to progress the sport so gear, technique, and safety get better for the entire community world wide. Plus we would all like the sport to progress so we can make more money doing what we love.

You are a Internet kiter always pushing your own agenda, you bend the articles you read and the things you hear from your "friends" to suit what ever argument you have started on this forum. You don,t do dick for the sport but try to convence yourself that as a Internet kiter you must have self worth and value so on you go bang out garbage on your key board to keep yourself feeling important...and the worst part is you do it belittling other people.

I would like you to prove you validity, show us how you know so much about foil kiting on the snow, let's see some photos of you using your kite at the limits of it profamance, post some videos show us some results....

I am beating you can,t and you are stroking your cock while trying to pretend you can on line.

I don't have to stick with my ride what you like statement like you are telling me to do( again you stroking your cock again so as to try to feel like you are in control since that it what you want, cuz it's not about kiting to you it is all about you) since you can look back and see the same vib from me always.

I love to kite you love to Internet pretend...that's cool.
Wow. That's quite a rant... I bet you don't even notice how hypocritical it is :nono:

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
DC

All of it
North and Race boards

Postby Billy B. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 am

It's not about being hypacritical it's about your contributions to kite forum, being bogus,

Of course it's a rant isn't that the response you hope for as a troll.

I quess you just bring out the best in people funny, how you have received the same comments in the past.
:nono:

There is a cute condescending emocon just for you....

Enough said I think you get my vibe towards your contributions... As always I should just ignore your babble... :allbegood:
Last edited by Billy B. on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

HAMLINDP
Frequent Poster

Postby HAMLINDP » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 am

Seriously guys, don't dis the modern closed cell kites if you haven't flown them.

Also, old foils given to you by friends, might not be tuned and probably have shrunk lines (if they were seriously used).

New closed cell foils from FS: Psycho 4, Speed 3, Viron, Unity. Try one of these bad boys and you'll never turn back! Sooooooooo much fun!!!!!

An added note: The Unity and Viron practically fly by themselves, and depower? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable range!!!!

Try these, then post your views on new closed cell foils!!!! I'd hate to say it but, "I told you so" ;)

Oh, on a side note, I LOVE the LF Havoc and SS Fuels. Awesome power and fast!!!

Return to “Snow / Land”