I am trying to built my first low-wind (low cost
) twin-tip. I am 85Kg and I need it for 9 - 12 knots with a 12m kite.
I will use 8mm marine plywood as core and 120g/cm fiberglass. Please advise:
1) optimum size of board (I am thinking of 155 x 45 ???
2) How many layers of the above fiberglass ???
(please specify top and bottom respectively). Need to last more than 1 summer
but not be heavy as a brick !!!
3) Please advise about shape: Square tips or round tips?? Any favourite known board design which I could follow???
4) Is rocker at the tips needed ??? (approx. 2-3cm)
5) Is concave at the bottom needed???
thank you in advance!!