Mr. Truth's truth's

Forum for kitesurfers
Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Johnny TBKS » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:21 am

I have a few facts for you that I don't think TRUTH has covered here and I can assure you that they are 100% true and factual and able to be proven.

First: http://www.tampabaykitesurf is hands down THE BEST site on the net..(ok, so I am lieing already) :wink:

Second: http://www.tampabaykitesurf.com has added another video to it's video gallery bringing the total videos for download there at about 320 megs. http://www.tbks.net/videogallery.html

Third: This NEW video was produced with those purists and critics in mind that DID NOT like the effects and colors of the last one, so even they should be happy with it.

Fourth: This new video is a whole 10 minutes in length, is only 17 megs, and has pretty good quality still! Way to go Aiko Digital!

Fifth: We updated the SlingShot photoshoot page in the picture gallery, adding pics of Ben Wilson and Jeff Tobias.
http://www.tbks.net/picturegallerySS.html

ALL of the above is true and factual. If in doubt, just click one of the URL's.

:smile:

PEAS'S OUT!

Johnny

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Boards: Alkita boards
Zeeko Slash/AirWave/Scrambler
Amundson Johno
Foils: Spitfire XLW/ XXLW. GoFoil NL130/160/190
Kites: FS Peaks
HB Legion
Wings:Zeeko Carve
HB Flair/Guide...
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast / Zeeko & HB Pimp

Postby bragnouff » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:26 am

Hi Johnny !
How's the life ???

Yeah, I saw the video your post was about.
Nice, pure, clear ! but...
I DO NOT LIKE AT ALL THE WHITE DOG AT THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO! Don't loose your time with dogs or pets in general, this is such a bad taste...!!!
Just joking of course, since I do not want to create again a major diplomatic incident between both side of ocean...

Best winds,
Bragnouff

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Sun Aug 04, 2002 12:39 pm

....another diplomatic incident between both sides of the ocean. :smile:
Too funny.
See though, people do listen to what you say here. You didn't like the effects so the next one had none. Someone is trying to cater to all of your wants...

It is because of this that some care should be taken to try to keep the criticism as constructive as possible. No need to totally piss off one webmaster and entire country in doing it! :wink:
We will still listen to you if presented in such a low key manner.

Thanks for your input Bragnouff...and life is GOOD!

Take care

Johnny
--------------------------------------------

Sometimes you will cry and no one will see your tears....

Sometimes you will laugh and no one will see you smile....

Sometimes you will fear and no one will see you shudder....

Sometimes you will lie and no one will catch you....

Sometimes you will fall and no one will see you struggle....

Sometimes you will be late and no one will notice....

But, fart just one time....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnny TBKS on 2002-08-04 14:56 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:47 am

I disagree... the dog was the coolist thing...

jamisdiablo
Rare Poster

Postby jamisdiablo » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:28 am

dude you're link is dead or that part of the site is down

scot
]

jamisdiablo
Rare Poster

Postby jamisdiablo » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:29 am

oops, nevermind its bak up

jamisdiablo
Rare Poster

Postby jamisdiablo » Tue Aug 06, 2002 1:54 am

Johnny, which rider are you? Nice video! How do you all like the machones? i have some friends who love'em, you riding 15's and 18's down there? hows the wind been this summer, i assume this was all shot around TB? Go Bucs! Anyway, I'd love to come down sometime for a few days and ride with ya'll if there's wind... been going to hatteras and have had great luck of late, although i saw rick and he had to sit through 3 days of no wind for one good last day.. too bad rick, oh well, maybe next time, dont give up on hatteras though, its the east cost wind machine!!!

but back to the vid, nice footage, do you have a waterproof cam for some nice flyover vids with kite in picture ever? those angles are sweeet if you can get em. I have some, i'll email ya' one to check out... nice dog too... but hey, constructive c here, gotta mix up some more moves man, i mean the guy with the directional at the end? how many backloops is he gonna do? LOL! mix it up fellas! cant wait to see what other tricke he's working on!!! bring it on!

thx 2!

scot

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:12 am

Just wanted to say that the TBKS vid's are great. Full of hot moves and great camera skills. thanks for the vid's they are handing out some great ideas and future noves to try. Keep'em coming!!!!!!!

See ya, Jungles

Johnny TBKS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Johnny TBKS » Tue Aug 06, 2002 6:01 am

Thanx for the props guys. Sorry for the site going down momentarily on you today when you first tried it....this has been an ongoing issue now for about a week. we THINK we have it solved.

I agree that some of the guys wanna overuse a move or two, and sometimes those moves get used more than once in the video just to make it last long enough to stay with the music. Another thing is that most of the footage in the videos is several months old. we have gotten much better. Our next ones will blow you away with some pretty wicked one handed, no handed, twisted and contorted transitions, a few really stupid stunts, big airs, supermans, one footed, no footed moves, LOT's of different riders, and even a few moves that we have yet to see others do yet. The riding level here is really starting to step it up. The Tampa Bay area is SO ideal. We do lack constant and consistant waves, and even much wind during the summer months, but, regardless of which direction she blows from, and i do mean it can blow from ANY direction, we have more than one killer launches at our disposal, and the water is always shallow and warm. We have also become somewhat of masters at getting huge air off of flat water...since flat water is the norm here.
Their must be something to be said for the area as we were informed last week that we are selling more kites than anyone else in Florida as of right now. WOO HOO! GO US! :wink:

For the most part during the light winded summer months, yes we are on 16's and 18's...myself being on SlingShot kites and boards. We do get a day here and there in the summer where I get to ride my 14m SlingShot. Today was one of those days in fact. And my nice bright yellow SlingShot/Doyle Surf is looking really nice on film too!

We don't have a wtareproof case for any of the cameras yet, but they are coming. As far as finding me in the videos, I would usually be the one that is too far from shore to get a very good shot of(I landed on shore once with a concussion and 2 week long headache that has kinda made me not care too much for jumping in close to the shore). Not to mention the fact that most anytime we do shoot a video, it is myself that ends up behind the camera, that is unless we want a bunch of shaky, shitty footage to try to watch. Anyway, I too am up close and personal in the video I am editing now, so I'll be sure to name off and introduce the cast in the following vids for ya.

Thanks again for your support, and we'd love to have any of ya's stop by for a visit the next time you're in the area. WHEN, that is a big if and when too, but when the wind does blow here, we have had several riders here visiting from Kitebeach in Hawaii that have stated that "if the guys back home only knew how good you have it here". Of course, it happened to be windy while they were here too...so if they really only knew how bad we have it here most of the summer as the wind here most of the summer is non existant aside from seabreezes...

Pea's Out!
Johnny

jamisdiablo
Rare Poster

Postby jamisdiablo » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:03 am

oh yeah, one other small thing.. the music couls use some work imho... too repetitive I think... mix it up some more with each rider etc. and you'll be stylin'!

keep it up... can you get me your email address so I can ask you about some editing stuff, etc?

Thx!

scot

Return to “Kitesurfing”