Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

@ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

forum for kitesurfers


User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:09 am

Pippi langsamer wrote:I'm also wondering what sizes I should buy in the Park.

I'm around 80kg Freeride.

I've flown Cult's the last three years, and generally had a three-kite quiver of 7.5/9/12. Most of my kiting was done in Cape Town, where the 7.5 and the 9 got most of the use. Been here in Sydney the last year and generally only used the 12.

Heading back home to UK soon, and am looking at upgrading to Parks. I would like to try get away with two kites if possible, and am wondering whether I should go for the 9/12 or 8/12?


The kites have good windrange. The 2012 I think got a good upgrade in the gust handling. What windrange are you looking to ride them in? Is the spot reasonably stable or do you have very gusty conditions?

pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:41 am

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby pitbulldoug » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:26 am

My 2 cents here,ive been flying the cults since they came out and luv em,however last year I switched to the park for my lighter wind kites 10m-14m really like em as well 90% wave riding 10% twin tipping jumping whens it's nuking,my high wind kite these days is a 8m bolt which is really a 7.5m in size and for high winds it rocks IMO at 225 lbs I can hang in 35mph+ gusts, was riding last week with gust close to 40.My only suggestion is for your high wind kite go with the bolt more stable in the gusty stuff.To each his own,but I think you will really like the park! also another tip the parks have been a little smaller than advertised as the 12m I had, and sold and replaced with 14m was really more like a 11m IMO so they tend to come a tad under sized.As stated before,I concur the 10m park is just a great kite,one of my favorites when its blowing!

Pippi langsamer
Medium Poster
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:26 am
Kiting since: 1
Local Beach: Big Bay
Langebaan
Dolphin Beach
Shark Bay
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby Pippi langsamer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 am

tautologies wrote:
Pippi langsamer wrote:I'm also wondering what sizes I should buy in the Park.

I'm around 80kg Freeride.

I've flown Cult's the last three years, and generally had a three-kite quiver of 7.5/9/12. Most of my kiting was done in Cape Town, where the 7.5 and the 9 got most of the use. Been here in Sydney the last year and generally only used the 12.

Heading back home to UK soon, and am looking at upgrading to Parks. I would like to try get away with two kites if possible, and am wondering whether I should go for the 9/12 or 8/12?


The kites have good windrange. The 2012 I think got a good upgrade in the gust handling. What windrange are you looking to ride them in? Is the spot reasonably stable or do you have very gusty conditions?


Despite being from UK, I have never actually kited there, so not sure what my local spots will be like! I'm from the North West, so will be looking at spots like Blackpool/ Lytham/ Wirral/ Anglesea etc.

With regards the second post re gusts, I think I may just hang-on to my 2009 7.5 Cult for this bery reason....

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 am

Pippi langsamer wrote:
Despite being from UK, I have never actually kited there, so not sure what my local spots will be like! I'm from the North West, so will be looking at spots like Blackpool/ Lytham/ Wirral/ Anglesea etc.

With regards the second post re gusts, I think I may just hang-on to my 2009 7.5 Cult for this bery reason....


I wouldn't worry about the gust handling..the Park now east heavy gusts...but it might affect the kite choice. The set up you mention should definitely cover most conditions, but getting that one kite that will be used most is important IMO. :-)

Ludmil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby Ludmil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi all,
I`ve got my Park 12 and noticed that the lines are different this year,but on the other hand the extensions I have are from the old ones.
It`s no big deal but I`m qurious about that.
How about yours?

Sorry, didn`t want to start a toppic with q like that...


L.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:03 pm

Ludmil wrote:Hi all,
I`ve got my Park 12 and noticed that the lines are different this year,but on the other hand the extensions I have are from the old ones.
It`s no big deal but I`m qurious about that.
How about yours?

Sorry, didn`t want to start a toppic with q like that...


L.


Same here. It seems the new lines are coated with something that makes it easier to separate them when walking them out. :-)

But yeah the extensions are the same as last year for mine too...

Ludmil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby Ludmil » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 pm

tautologies wrote:
Ludmil wrote:Hi all,
I`ve got my Park 12 and noticed that the lines are different this year,but on the other hand the extensions I have are from the old ones.
It`s no big deal but I`m qurious about that.
How about yours?

Sorry, didn`t want to start a toppic with q like that...


L.


Same here. It seems the new lines are coated with something that makes it easier to separate them when walking them out. :-)

But yeah the extensions are the same as last year for mine too...



Thx Taut.
I finally bought Park instead of Torch... :)

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Ludmil wrote:Thx Taut.
I finally bought Park instead of Torch... :)


Nice. It is a great kite. You don't feel like you'll die is mess up a kiteloop...maybe just get a little hurt :-)

WaveRider001
Medium Poster
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 pm
Kiting since: 2005
Favorite Beaches: Lanes, Mokuleia, Kitebeach
Style: Wave and Freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Maui/Germany

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby WaveRider001 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I also bought the Park today... 6, 8, 10 and 12... :D

2 questions to the naish experts:

1) My dealer is not sure if the light wind relaunch (lwr) system comes with the kite or if you have to order it seoperatly? He will check, but maybe I get an faster anwer from you guys....

2) I have studied already the Naish manual and it looks so complicated to install the lwr system. With the pictures shown in the manuel, I can't imagine how it works... Is it easy when you have the kite in front of you? A video would help a lot! What's your experiance with the system?

Thanks
J

tautologies wrote:
Ludmil wrote:Thx Taut.
I finally bought Park instead of Torch... :)


Nice. It is a great kite. You don't feel like you'll die is mess up a kiteloop...maybe just get a little hurt :-)

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9359
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: @ Naish experts: need advice regarding Park!

Postby tautologies » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:29 pm

The top part comes with the kite. The line from the kite does not....but that is just a line.

It is super easy to install takes about 3mins...but unless ultra light it is not needed.

Congrats on the kites. Report back :)


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alamos_kiter, Bing [Bot], Cole Collett, OzBungy, pmaggie, zob and 17 guests