Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
bartschy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: San diego
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby bartschy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 am

Hi,

i took my Infinity V2 out yesterday it was like 6-8knots, the kite barely stayed in the air,
really it wasn't kiteable conditions.

I mainly wanted to pump it up and see how it flies.

I ended up going out anyway and managed to get a decent session out of it.

Some of the credit definitively goes to my Sector, but I was very pleased with how fast and easy the kite turned and that I was able to have fun in these borderline conditions.

Can't wait to ride it in decent wind.

Thanks

Marko

KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water

Postby KiteFrisco » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:53 am

Dimitri,
I have one request for Infinity V2: Please sell a lot of them.

I bought one of the last V1s about a month ago (trying to save a few $ where I can) and now I see… It’s going to be one lonely kite. I don’t like kiting alone, especially on the ocean, but now it’s become more of a reality since I seem to be the only one I know with a nice lightwind wave kite.

Saturday morning I really got to test the low end on the south side, Hatteras Island. Sorry, I don’t have a wind meter, but I think it was between 10 and 15mph. My good sense told me not to pump up the kite (I could barely feel anything on my ears except for gusts and the grass wasn’t moving, but the fishermen were happy). I pumped anyway. I actually had a decent time at it in chest-high waves and quite a bit of current… at least until the wind really dropped. Later it picked back up and I did it again. One thing I really learned was that the infinity loops just as well as a 12. It turns really quick for its size, even in light wind.

Yesterday was different, I got to the beach late. I saw another group finishing with 20+ winds. Since the forecast suggested it would drop before I reached my destination, I grabbed the infinity, thinking it might be too much to start, but I’d finish well. I was overpowerd the whole way (about 18mph with gusts, chest-high waves), but I had the best session ever!... going down the line, connecting top and bottom turns over and over as if I were good at it. While I was out, there were four others, two actually kited some distance. One of them told me, “that was horrible” as he finished. (He was on a 12m.)

So I think I’ll be flying the infinity on the ocean a lot. It’s alive, loops well, goes down the line well. It’s going to be one of my go-to kites.

Again, please sell a lot of them! It’s lonely out here! :flower:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Dimitri,
I have one request for Infinity V2: Please sell a lot of them.
I bought one of the last V1s about a month ago (trying to save a few $ where I can) and now I see… It’s going to be one lonely kite. I don’t like kiting alone, especially on the ocean, but now it’s become more of a reality since I seem to be the only one I know with a nice lightwind wave kite.
Saturday morning I really got to test the low end on the south side, Hatteras Island. Sorry, I don’t have a wind meter, but I think it was between 10 and 15mph. My good sense told me not to pump up the kite (I could barely feel anything on my ears except for gusts and the grass wasn’t moving, but the fishermen were happy). I pumped anyway. I actually had a decent time at it in chest-high waves and quite a bit of current… at least until the wind really dropped. Later it picked back up and I did it again. One thing I really learned was that the infinity loops just as well as a 12. It turns really quick for its size, even in light wind.
Yesterday was different, I got to the beach late. I saw another group finishing with 20+ winds. Since the forecast suggested it would drop before I reached my destination, I grabbed the infinity, thinking it might be too much to start, but I’d finish well. I was overpowerd the whole way (about 18mph with gusts, chest-high waves), but I had the best session ever!... going down the line, connecting top and bottom turns over and over as if I were good at it. While I was out, there were four others, two actually kited some distance. One of them told me, “that was horrible” as he finished. (He was on a 12m.)
So I think I’ll be flying the infinity on the ocean a lot. It’s alive, loops well, goes down the line well. It’s going to be one of my go-to kites.
Again, please sell a lot of them! It’s lonely out here! :flower:
Hello Mr."KiteFrisco",
From the looks of it you did enjoy your INFINITY kite. This is the reason why I am not afraid to let people demo any of the EPIC kites because I know the results.
Is this the INFINITY V1 or V2? I see that you mentioned the INFINITY v1 on your post, just wanted to make sure, because if you love the v1 then I think you are going to be very excited on the v2.
Now concerning selling more of the INFINITY kites, we just sold out of INFINITY V2, but should have more in 12 days. But we still have (2) INFINITY v1 left. They are selling so fast world wide but again, I am not interested in quantity but quality. And this is also very good because its keeps the resale value high on used INFINITIES. Same thing goes with the other EPIC models.

KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water

Postby KiteFrisco » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:25 am

Dimitri,
Yes, of course I'm enjoying it! It's going to be my Session Saver. Yes, it's just the V1. Now instead of avoiding the large kite in the surf, If I think I might want more power, I'll just grab the Infinity and go. It turns so well.
You have the quality, and are known for it. Seems not as many people know about the Infinity than I thought. I had to explain that it didn't have a size a couple times this weekend. I got the blank stare. So I guessed and gave them a number. Seems that size is all people want to understand. I respect your refusal to give it a size, though. Once you give it to them, they'll just say they don't want it. So don't let them beat you down!
Thanks go to you and Momi for inventing lightwind fun. ... And for you out there who are devoted to FS as the ultimate lightwind, I'm waiting to see the fun part. I have a lawnmower for that.

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Kitecave » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 am

Hi Dimitri

Up here in Ontario Canada we have had a bit of wind drought for a couple of days....no big claims of how light the wind was ...just light wind.

So out comes the Infinity V2 for a little late afternoon session............WOW !!!!.....I have been on Infinity's since the begining and this kite still blows me away.....215lbs rippnnn....only other kite was a 19m foil and 150lb ish rider......back on the beach guys were rolling up gear and were quite amazed that the Infinity was not only ripnn but lofting small jumps when they had a hard time keeping the kite in the air....the classic comment was...guess I have 2 choices....buy a lawn chair and watch from the beach or buy an Infinty!

YES I'm an Epic Dealer........but more importanly I love to kite

Oh so many times after a demo I have heard "Love the Epic BUT just bought a kite"

WARNING...DO NOT BUY ANOTHER KITE UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE AN EPIC KITE.......great Ad copy!

Cheers

Kitecave

P.S. Nice review on INFINITY V2 in this issue of SBC Kiteboard Magazine :D

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello Kitecave,
So now you know why I put this WARNING label on all our ads :lol:
I have seen it so many times on the beach when I am doing demos that I had to put this warning to help people do their final decisions before it is too late.
Any way do you use the INFINITY v2 with the OXYGEN Twin Tip board?
Attachments
WARNING.jpg

Kitecave
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: co-ownwer www.Kitecave.com featuring Epic ,Core, Ozone, HQ, Wainman, Hyperflex and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Kitecave » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi Dimitri

Yes I use the Oxygen up to 12ish knots or if it's really gusty....also works great with the Epic Droid in 11 to 14ish....also great fun on 5'7 ATV surf in mushy waves...while others are calling it a day I'm still riding

3 days of great wind in the Ontario forecast so away with the Infinity and out with Renegades !!
:D
Cheers

Kitecave

P.S.....New Epic CL ......works real slick....nice work! :thumb:

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Talking about the Oxygen board, yesterday I was riding in 10-15 knots when we suddenly got hit with 25 knots during few minutes, about 20 minutes. I was able to ride and jump with the Oxygen to my big surprise quite easely. This board amazed me, so much fun to ride, good tip flexibility and shape to avoir water spray. It is ultra light weight, goes easely upwind and because of the small fins and short length it is very easy to play with it, moving from toe side to heel side like no other board that I have try yet. I even had a lot of fun in small waves the other days.

Even if it is not the board with the best low end amongst all the LW TT board, it is by far my favorite as I can do whatever I want with it. I hope that Dimitri will not change it too much in the future.

Because of this, the Oxygen is a great board for beginner to learn if you are in 18 knots and less place and after you are mastering the technique, it will be your LW board. Here I only give lesson on this board but with the bigger fins, so it has better grip for the students.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Very nice Mr.Seb,
This is probably why we are sold out of OXYGEN boards. Should have more coming by this Friday.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Having fun on the INFINITY v2 kite and the OXYGEN v2 board.
Attachments
3.jpg
DSC_0171 41.jpg
DSC_0165 42.jpg
Blowing 7 to 12 knots INFINITY w OXYGEN board vs FLYSURFER w Race board.jpg
Dimitri on OXYGEN b with INFINITY 8 to 12 knots.jpg
DSC_0012 46.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”