*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:47 am
Posts: 346
Location: OK
There is a pic of it in the water here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2375193


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am
Posts: 76
They are marketing it as a cheaper beginner/school kite but also great allrounder. It looks like a cross between a classic delta shape kite and the Park, imho. There will be a board to match the kite called Ride as well, which is also gonna be a bit simpler and cheaper than the other boards.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:47 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8479
Location: Oahu
alohasurfer73 wrote:
They are marketing it as a cheaper beginner/school kite but also great allrounder. It looks like a cross between a classic delta shape kite and the Park, imho. There will be a board to match the kite called Ride as well, which is also gonna be a bit simpler and cheaper than the other boards.


I'm not as excited about the board...the boards designated for beginners seems to be beginner boards, but kites..they can still be good.

Anyone have dates on these? No wind here now so only surfing.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:31 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm
Posts: 118
Location: Jupiter, FL
Demoed a 10M in Jupiter yesterday. According to naish rep (Nick Stuart) they became available 4 days ago. I was impressed. North had a rebel from a few years back with no center strut, and this kite had none of the bad behavior that plagued that kite.

Overall I preferred the Bolt 9 in the conditions I was out in (20 gusting to 27 or so), but bar pressure, stability and responsiveness were top notch on the Ride. Bolt just handled the gusts a little better (was also flying the Bolt on 20M lines and loved the direct responsiveness).

Oh and contrary to prior posts, it is not a beginner kite.

Chris


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8479
Location: Oahu
SO_FL_Kiter wrote:
Demoed a 10M in Jupiter yesterday. According to naish rep (Nick Stuart) they became available 4 days ago. I was impressed. North had a rebel from a few years back with no center strut, and this kite had none of the bad behavior that plagued that kite.

Overall I preferred the Bolt 9 in the conditions I was out in (20 gusting to 27 or so), but bar pressure, stability and responsiveness were top notch on the Ride. Bolt just handled the gusts a little better (was also flying the Bolt on 20M lines and loved the direct responsiveness).

Oh and contrary to prior posts, it is not a beginner kite.

Chris


Soundgs good. The two strut design is an interesting development. With the wind you are indicating I'm guessing.you did not have a chance to check the low end?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 875
Location: Paname (suburb)
Tried the Ride 8 today in 20-25 knts (with lull at 15knts, gust at 30knts)
It's marketed as a school-entry level kite... but it is a very good piece of kite indeed!
We had a Park 8 2012 for comparison. The Ride was a bit more powerful (better low end) but it has to be noticed that the Ride bar is 24m, the Park was used with 20m. It was also a tad less quick turning but by a very minimal margin, with a larger arc when looping the kite (we will test the Ride with 20m bar next time :idea: ).
The Ride was used in combination with surfboards only (no TT in our quiver anymore :cool2: ) and for wave riding the 8 was a very good companion :thumb: .
The 2 struts structure don't deform nor flap, thanks to the mini battens on the leading edge and a very good overall design :D
No water relaunch neither jumping with the Ride today, so no comment on that sorry...
In short we had a blast with this new kite today :jump: .

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe


Attachments:
P1080608.jpg
P1080608.jpg [ 430.73 KIB | Viewed 1153 times ]
P1080607.jpg
P1080607.jpg [ 663.06 KIB | Viewed 1153 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 1743
Location: Vancouver, Canada. rides Naish,Ozone,North, Spotz,Aguera
Looks interesting.
In the past Naish produced their school kites without the one pump system whcih was a shame because sometimes the school kites were pretty nice otherwise. What about the Ride?

:wink: CG


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:00 am
Posts: 875
Location: Paname (suburb)
cglazier wrote:
Looks interesting.
In the past Naish produced their school kites without the one pump system whcih was a shame because sometimes the school kites were pretty nice otherwise. What about the Ride?

:wink: CG

The Ride has the one Pump :cool2:
Main difference is the bar which is 24m, has a different soft grip and has no swivel on the front lines.

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:28 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8479
Location: Oahu
Phil wrote:
The Ride has the one Pump :cool2:
Main difference is the bar which is 24m, has a different soft grip and has no swivel on the front lines.

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe


..also killer color on the kite there. I am super excited to try it. :-)

Wind is coming back here.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Ride - New Naish kite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:42 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1061
Dirk wrote:
In an online Video from ISPO the German distributor talked about it and about another kite "The Flyer" which is supposed to come out in summer. Anybody who knows something about that one?


Anyone know if the Flyer be a replacement for the Charger as the race/lightwind kite? Naish doesn't have any good lightwind kites for 2012 yet do they? I guess the Bolt 14 is their best lightwind kite available now? Would be strange to have a full range of race boards, but not offer a big race kite to ride them with.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Feedfetcher, Laughingman, MoC, NYKiter and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group