Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ride - New Naish kite

forum for kitesurfers


rtz
Frequent Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:47 am
Kiting since: 2010
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby rtz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:30 pm

There is a pic of it in the water here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2375193

alohasurfer73
Medium Poster
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am
Kiting since: 2005
Favorite Beaches: Dolphin Beach, Cape Town.
Style: Aggresive freeride
Gear: Naish

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby alohasurfer73 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:12 pm

They are marketing it as a cheaper beginner/school kite but also great allrounder. It looks like a cross between a classic delta shape kite and the Park, imho. There will be a board to match the kite called Ride as well, which is also gonna be a bit simpler and cheaper than the other boards.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:47 am

alohasurfer73 wrote:They are marketing it as a cheaper beginner/school kite but also great allrounder. It looks like a cross between a classic delta shape kite and the Park, imho. There will be a board to match the kite called Ride as well, which is also gonna be a bit simpler and cheaper than the other boards.


I'm not as excited about the board...the boards designated for beginners seems to be beginner boards, but kites..they can still be good.

Anyone have dates on these? No wind here now so only surfing.

User avatar
SO_FL_Kiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:16 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Jupiter, FL; Juno Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Kitebeach, Biscayne Bay
Style: Wave/Freeride
Gear: 15M LF Envy, 12M North Rebel, 11M SS Rev2, 10M North Rhino, 9M LF Session, Airush Sector, Naish Custom Global 6'2", Liquid Force 5'7" FCD, Cabrinha Custom 136, Crazyfly Raptor 132
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Jupiter, FL

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby SO_FL_Kiter » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Demoed a 10M in Jupiter yesterday. According to naish rep (Nick Stuart) they became available 4 days ago. I was impressed. North had a rebel from a few years back with no center strut, and this kite had none of the bad behavior that plagued that kite.

Overall I preferred the Bolt 9 in the conditions I was out in (20 gusting to 27 or so), but bar pressure, stability and responsiveness were top notch on the Ride. Bolt just handled the gusts a little better (was also flying the Bolt on 20M lines and loved the direct responsiveness).

Oh and contrary to prior posts, it is not a beginner kite.

Chris

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:46 pm

SO_FL_Kiter wrote:Demoed a 10M in Jupiter yesterday. According to naish rep (Nick Stuart) they became available 4 days ago. I was impressed. North had a rebel from a few years back with no center strut, and this kite had none of the bad behavior that plagued that kite.

Overall I preferred the Bolt 9 in the conditions I was out in (20 gusting to 27 or so), but bar pressure, stability and responsiveness were top notch on the Ride. Bolt just handled the gusts a little better (was also flying the Bolt on 20M lines and loved the direct responsiveness).

Oh and contrary to prior posts, it is not a beginner kite.

Chris


Soundgs good. The two strut design is an interesting development. With the wind you are indicating I'm guessing.you did not have a chance to check the low end?

User avatar
Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Pivot 2016 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10, Shinnster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Paname (suburb)

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby Phil » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:03 am

Tried the Ride 8 today in 20-25 knts (with lull at 15knts, gust at 30knts)
It's marketed as a school-entry level kite... but it is a very good piece of kite indeed!
We had a Park 8 2012 for comparison. The Ride was a bit more powerful (better low end) but it has to be noticed that the Ride bar is 24m, the Park was used with 20m. It was also a tad less quick turning but by a very minimal margin, with a larger arc when looping the kite (we will test the Ride with 20m bar next time :idea: ).
The Ride was used in combination with surfboards only (no TT in our quiver anymore :cool2: ) and for wave riding the 8 was a very good companion :thumb: .
The 2 struts structure don't deform nor flap, thanks to the mini battens on the leading edge and a very good overall design :D
No water relaunch neither jumping with the Ride today, so no comment on that sorry...
In short we had a blast with this new kite today :jump: .

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe
Attachments
P1080608.jpg
P1080607.jpg

User avatar
cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2014
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Naish, North, Ozone, Spotz, Aguera, MikesLab, Taaroa
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby cglazier » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 am

Looks interesting.
In the past Naish produced their school kites without the one pump system whcih was a shame because sometimes the school kites were pretty nice otherwise. What about the Ride?

:wink: CG

User avatar
Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Pivot 2016 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10, Shinnster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Paname (suburb)

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby Phil » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 am

cglazier wrote:Looks interesting.
In the past Naish produced their school kites without the one pump system whcih was a shame because sometimes the school kites were pretty nice otherwise. What about the Ride?

:wink: CG

The Ride has the one Pump :cool2:
Main difference is the bar which is 24m, has a different soft grip and has no swivel on the front lines.

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby tautologies » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:28 am

Phil wrote:The Ride has the one Pump :cool2:
Main difference is the bar which is 24m, has a different soft grip and has no swivel on the front lines.

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe


..also killer color on the kite there. I am super excited to try it. :-)

Wind is coming back here.

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ride - New Naish kite

Postby davesails7 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Dirk wrote:In an online Video from ISPO the German distributor talked about it and about another kite "The Flyer" which is supposed to come out in summer. Anybody who knows something about that one?


Anyone know if the Flyer be a replacement for the Charger as the race/lightwind kite? Naish doesn't have any good lightwind kites for 2012 yet do they? I guess the Bolt 14 is their best lightwind kite available now? Would be strange to have a full range of race boards, but not offer a big race kite to ride them with.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: knotwindy, lovethepirk, Lubo and 12 guests