Sorry for the delay in posting. The board is at this point almost done. Just need to do the final post paint sand and glue the pads on. On the plus side I have started editing the vids for length. The long boring parts are now at supper fast speed.
The next video shows cutting the glass on the bottom. I did two layers of 6 oz glass on the bottom with 6 oz patches around the fins. The deck is two layers of 6 oz e-glass with a full size deck patch and a patch of 6 under the feet at a 45/45 angle. The board is a bit to heavy with this much glass on a 2# eps blank. It will however be hard to break. The next one I build is going to be lighter.
This is the deck glassing stage of the build. At this point I put the full width deck patch and diagonally oriented heal area patches on. Combined with the 2 6oz E glass layers I put on over the hole deck that is 24 oz on the rails and feet. Should hold up to my limited skill at riding and massive skills at crashing. The target for this board is bombproof with a fast and easy build and semi inexpensive. If the shape rides ok I'll make a sandwich bagged carbon version latter.
Sanding... yada yada. Painting yada yada yada. Contact adhesive and pads, blah blah blah. I'll finish the build videos later but for now. It rides! Put it in for the first time last Sunday. To windy and wavy to ride well. Got in a second ride yesterday. Building was easy. Now the tricky part. Learing to ride it. Need less back foot. I'm going to try moving the front strap forward and maybe closer to centerline.