Hi, give us a call or send a PM if you want more information on the Crazy-Fly lineup... firstname.lastname@example.org
To answer your questions...
1. Chop eater? New for 2012, what the 2011 model lacked has been added with double concave bottom. If you have to ride slop then this is your stick!
2. Upwind ability? Yes, tracks like it's on rails!
3. Pop? Decent pop for a glass board. Better than an Allround, but certainly not as poppy as a full carbon board like the Raptors & Pro Tour models.
4. Pads & Straps? Like all CrazyFly Products, they are as good as they get! Super comfy and durable!
5. Planing ability? This board planes off quick, rides very well, no power struggles, just get up and go...
Overall, This is a great board. Allthough the past descriptions led you to believe that this board was a game changer, in reality it is a great durable board for all round riding and tricks. If you want mind blowing characteristics you really may want to step it up to full carbon fiber. But for bombproof construction and all round riding the Shox is a good choice.