*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:21 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 am
Posts: 4
I dont get it?
Cant they just refund the money ?
The damage they are doing here in such a small market never comes back.
Love to see what was in that email Sprocket...

Best of luck (thats why I ride Flexifoil)

Jobe


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:46 am
Posts: 164
Just curious - did you use a credit card or ???? that you can then dispute the charges for the kites??????


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:05 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:06 am
Posts: 14
Yes,
If you used Credit card when purchasing, you can dispute the transaction and get 100% of money back.

But, payment for a larger number of kites is often done by wire ....


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:55 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 45
it's called a chargeback, and this is exactly what they are for.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:58 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:44 pm
Posts: 174
Location: New Zealand - owner of HellBoardriders.com
A charge back is a great guarantee if you are a normal retail customer buying 1-2 kites, but for dealers we all pay by IMT, International Money Transfer there is no undo button.

So if you send your money like Matt did to stock his shop you need to be able to trust the supplier will ship the kites on time.
It is for this reason Matt has spoken up, he has waited around 6 months with nothing other than continued promises saying the Kites are coming. The Kiteforum is a real last resort tactic to take for a dealer. We have no collective or other means for resolution when the #2 hits the fan!
You try running a business for 6 months with no stock, the loss incurred is far greater than the value of the stock as it breaks the momentum of cash flow.
One good to note is these types of issues in the kitesurfing industry are very rare.
It really is a pretty cool industry to be involved in.

Are things looking any better since you spoke up here Matt?
And how about the other guys, you getting any response?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:28 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Ct
Nectar wrote:
it's called a chargeback, and this is exactly what they are for.

Chargebacks generally only work if the seller has the money in their account!
This is exactly how ECLIPSE started bs'ing their dealers! Lots of lip service.
Might want to pursue legal action now. Don't wait. You could always stop it if by some miracle, you get your kites.
Best of luck.
P


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Jamaica
i've never heard of Royal kites , i hope you get a full refund and then some


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:20 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:54 am
Posts: 260
Any luck yet buddy? :(


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:24 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:44 pm
Posts: 174
Location: New Zealand - owner of HellBoardriders.com
:smileysex: Sounds like Matt's been right Royally _ _ _ _ _ _.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:58 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:08 pm
Posts: 45
Ahh, I see, thanks for the info

Anabatic_co_nz wrote:
A charge back is a great guarantee if you are a normal retail customer buying 1-2 kites, but for dealers we all pay by IMT, International Money Transfer there is no undo button.

So if you send your money like Matt did to stock his shop you need to be able to trust the supplier will ship the kites on time.
It is for this reason Matt has spoken up, he has waited around 6 months with nothing other than continued promises saying the Kites are coming. The Kiteforum is a real last resort tactic to take for a dealer. We have no collective or other means for resolution when the #2 hits the fan!
You try running a business for 6 months with no stock, the loss incurred is far greater than the value of the stock as it breaks the momentum of cash flow.
One good to note is these types of issues in the kitesurfing industry are very rare.
It really is a pretty cool industry to be involved in.

Are things looking any better since you spoke up here Matt?
And how about the other guys, you getting any response?


kitewise wrote:
Nectar wrote:
it's called a chargeback, and this is exactly what they are for.

Chargebacks generally only work if the seller has the money in their account!
This is exactly how ECLIPSE started bs'ing their dealers! Lots of lip service.
Might want to pursue legal action now. Don't wait. You could always stop it if by some miracle, you get your kites.
Best of luck.
P


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], terier and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group