Ted Bautista & Ridiculous Ram Claims

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Ted Bautista & Ridiculous Ram Claims

Postby Pump me up » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:46 am

In the latest issue of Kiteboarding Magazine, Ted Bautista has continued on his ridiculous ram vs inflatable crusade.

Keep in mind that Ted is the American importer for Flysurfer, so is hopelessly biased towards ram airs. He is certainly not the right person to be presenting an "objective" ram vs inflatable article.

He divides foils and inflats into a pro and con column:

FOIL Pros
- More efficient on snow
-- Bullshit. They are easier to setup and use on snow, but they are not more "efficient" on the snow
- Huge wind range
-- Bullshit. A kite's windrange is dependent on a lot of things. These include luff curve, L/D ratio, canopy size etc etc. Because of better L/D ratio and rigidity, modern inflatables have a LARGER wind range than comparable foils.
- Better glide ability
-- Bullshit. Glide is dependent on a lot of things (eg luff curve, canopy size etc etc). Modern inflatables have better glide AND hangtime than comparable (in terms of projected area) foils.

Inflatable CONS
- Hard to relaunch on snow
-- Yes, inflatables are HARDER to relaunch on the snow, but with a 5th line, it is not much of a chore.

Nobody is arguing that foils aren't better than inflats on land and snow.

But on the water, inflatables are better in almost every aspect of performance.

Ignore the lies. Ignore the ram propaganda. Overall, inflatables are vastly superior to rams.
Last edited by Pump me up on Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ted B.
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ted B. » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:10 am

First of all CHUMP ME UP I'll put my big American size 13 foot right in your ass for sluring my name. I figure the Luff Curve of my right foot conecting with your rear canopy will make the L/D ratio of your ass hole very inlarged!!!What do you think?
Secondly Kiteboarding Mag came to me and ask me to do the article , I did write an article but KB mag put it in the pro and con comparison.They know that I am the USA Dist. for Flysurfer! They also know that I am Familiar with all types of kites and that I fly all styles of kites, Leis and Foils. I also own a KITEBOARDING Store and Full Service School and have been operating for 4 years. I sell many Brands of inflatables(Cabrinha,Slingshot,Flexi Foil,North )We teach on inflatables and foils at our school! I like all kites and can find something good about every kite I have ever flown!!!!!!!!! I have had calls and emails from many kiters that liked the little Article.It just makes me feel warm all over knowing that the article got under your skin Chump me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again Chump me up you sound like an Idiot ,pump this bla bla inflatable that bla bla luff curve another l/d ratio bla bla what the hell are you talking about! !!!You need to get a life..

Last but not least I still stand Behind what I have said all along, I LIKE FOILS AND BELIEVE they have a great FUTURE in Kiteboarding.The Foils of Today are Kicking ass !!! If you don't believe me grab one and go for a ride, I think you will be surprised!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN I SAY PUT UP OR SHUT UP THE CHALLENGE STILL STANDS!!I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL AND PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TED BAUTISTA

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ted Bulltitsa & Ridiculous Ram Claims

Postby loco4viento » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:29 am

Pump me up wrote:...Ted is the American importer for Flysurfer, so is hopelessly biased towards ram airs. He is certainly not the right person to be presenting an "objective" ram vs inflatable article.

"Ram airs are simply not safe. Inflatables are vastly superior on all safety and aerodynamic criteria."
So it looks like Ted isn't some coward hiding behind a fake name and refusing to answer to his claims. Just you. Did your mommy really name you Pump Me Up or are you just too spineless to use your name when you make ridiculous claims of your own?

So do you really think inflatables are vastly superior to ram airs on ALL safety criteria? Or were YOU making a bullshit claim just as you accuse others of doing regarding ram airs? Or are you afraid to ADMIT you were making a ridiculous claim?

Sounds to me like different people like different things for different reasons. Why is this not acceptable to you?

John
User of LEI's, Arcs and Ram Airs
(I generally prefer arcs and ram airs for my own reasons)

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:38 am

Ted B. wrote: ONCE AGAIN I SAY PUT UP OR SHUT UP THE CHALLENGE STILL STANDS!!I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL AND PUT IT ALL ON THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TED BAUTISTA
C'mon Chump. Take him on! Go meet Ted. You guys might even become friends (although you might have to tone down the arrogance and intolerance a little bit).

Hey, maybe Steve McC and I will show up and bring the beers!!!!

Toby can even arrange for a live chat and we can pretend you are a real man!

Oh yeah, I forgot. You might still be too chicken shit to stand up and identify yourself.

Looking forward to the big event!

:lol: John :bye:

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ted Bulltitsa & Ridiculous Ram Claims

Postby loco4viento » Mon Jun 23, 2003 5:07 am

Pump me up wrote: Ignore the lies. Ignore the ram propaganda. Overall, inflatables are vastly superior to rams.
Hey PMU,

Although I like LOTS of things about all different kinds of kites I have used, and I like SOME things about LEI's better than all other kinds of kites, there is ONE thing I really don't like about them. For some it doesn't matter much. For me, where I live and ride, it matters a lot. This little thread is an example:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kitesurf/message/66304

And the recent thread about the multiple pinholes is another example.

So for me, LEI's have certain features that are SUPERIOR to ram airs and other features that are INFERIOR to ram airs.

And the danger of an unwanted relaunch in a dangerous situation (lines around your neck) is a CLEAR DISADVANTAGE of all relaunchable kites when compared to nonrelaunchable ram airs.

I thought you'd like to read this since you perhaps have never even thought of these things when making your big claims and criticisms.

John

Beachboy
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Beachboy » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:22 am

Please be kind to Pump me Up. It must be hard to keep up with whats going on around you when you spend so much time pumping. Here's PMU's website:

http://www.newart.com

PMU... take a break from the pumping, and go fly a kite. man!!

kookfest
Medium Poster

Postby kookfest » Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:28 am

I'm not wanting to stir up this whole foil vs LEI thing, but I have a genuine question for Ted, who is known to be an excellent rider.
Ted- Can you loop your Flysurfers???? Like, full 360 degree loops as demonstrated by Bertrand Fleury's in Zero 3 (not just downloops). This is a genuine question, I'm just curious to know if it is at all possible. If you have video footage, all the better.

Thanks.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:35 am

be easy with pump me up, since he has winter now and the winds are not that good?

I think a live chat with pump me up would be fun, but also a challenge tube vs foil,like we already are waiting for since month.
Ted and Pump me up are the challengers, so what about it?
The problem is, where do we do it? One is in the USA and the other in Australia. We can meet next year in Egypt, since there will be a big event comming. How about that?

Greets
Toby

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MadMick » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:38 am

Beachboy wrote:Please be kind to Pump me Up. It must be hard to keep up with whats going on around you when you spend so much time pumping. Here's PMU's website:

http://www.newart.com

PMU... take a break from the pumping, and go fly a kite. man!!
I don't understand why foil users are constantly posting stuff like "foils can jump 8 m in 8 knots!" Or"foils are the most stable kite"Or "Foils can do this or that"Yet when PMU makes a comment about LEI being better,he is personally insulted and abused!

Just goes to show the complex that foil users suffer from!

MadMick
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MadMick » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:43 am

How can PumpMeUp accept these challenges being thrown at him? Or,even sign his real name,after all the violent threats made against his person by irrational,demented foil users?

I don't think he meant to call Ted "Bulltitsa"

I think he meant "Bullshita"

Return to “Kitesurfing”