Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Raceboard total weight? Is Lightest the Best?

Forum for kitesurfers
leepasty
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: porthleven, west cornwall, uk
Favorite Beaches: gnaraloo,curral jouel, One Eye, Haakgat,
porthleven, Gwithian
Style: Waves
Gear: Duotone Pro Wam, Pro Session and Neos
Brand Affiliation: sponsored by Duotone & Ion

Re: Raceboard total weight? Is Lightest the Best?

Postby leepasty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:28 am

James let me know when youre down this way, would like to have a go on it. out most days at the moment training to beat Olly

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 pm

mr lobodomar.

this is what i wrote originally...

"i have had an AA and an RRD and now on a Temavento, which is considerably lighter and stiffer than the previous boards.

mine actually came in under the weight that was submitted for registration at 5.035kg and is a full carbon double sandwich.

Upwind in chop shows the biggest difference over the RRD construction that would slam and constantly slow down, the Temavento doesnt have the same losses"

i wasn't solely referencing weight, i was referencing stiffness as an important performance differentiator as well, from my experience of sailing BOTH boards it was the combination of light weight and STIFF construction that was actually key to the different feel.

for gods sake i went as far as saying that there was only 400g between the two boards and yet the different construction gave a very different feel.

if we are being picky you can not build two boards that are identical and have one heavier than the other.

by definition they are not identical..

you can sail you heavy soft board all you like and i will sail my light and stiff board i think will have to agree to disagree on the merits of heavy boards.

Lee will deffo get you to have a spin on it soon, waiting for some new fins then its all good to go.

Gebi
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Gebi » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 pm

Lighter is better, look at racecars...

Return to “Kitesurfing”