All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Help - Shops
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:40 pm 
Rare Poster

Hello guys, i need your help, i will be travelling for europe (spain, france, north italy) in Octuber.
I want to buy a race board in this trip.
Could you please send me the lists of shops that i request for the race board?

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Help - Shops
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am 
Medium Poster

which board are you after?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:49 pm 
Rare Poster

If you have the list of register raceboard, try todo your search now, for price and availibility.
Best way to get something

http://www.internationalkiteboarding.org/images/documents/etc/registered%20boards.pdf
some know site
http://www.facebook.com/Temavento
http://woodycookie.wordpress.com/

bacon2109, learning to ride raceboard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:00 pm 
Rare Poster

Hello guys,
Yes, i have done the search.
I'm after a north 69 or a RRD 70 or an Airush Monaro V4, also i have sent a mesage to temavento but i have no reviews of this table.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:40 pm 
Frequent Poster

i had the RRD and now have the Temavento, what would you like to know?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:50 pm 
Frequent Poster

the RRD has a single concave to flat that actually takes some of he harshness out of chop at least intitially and made it a little easier to reach with across the wind, the Temavento is flat all the way through,and is a little more technical across the wind but easier/better upwind( for me) i am talking about feeling the reverberations through the board as it hits slows down and then you have to accelerate it.

I have also done some comparative sailing with a friend of mine, Gonzo, who has the Naish venturi with std fins, my Temavento was set with a 36cm choco rear fin and North G10 40 cm fins.

i was on a 12m slingshot Rally and he had a 13 m Ozone edge, upwind the Temavento was faster and pointed upwind higher, by a very decent margin, we then swapped boards and the same result was achieved this time Gonzo had his GPS on and there was a clear 8-10 degree advantage upwind riding the Temavento.

across the wind and down wind speed was comparable, gybing and taking really is very easy on the Temavento

the Temavento and the RRD have been used with the same fin set and same kites from 17m -9m

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

james wrote:
the RRD has a single concave to flat that actually takes some of he harshness out of chop at least intitially and made it a little easier to reach with across the wind, the Temavento is flat all the way through,and is a little more technical across the wind but easier/better upwind( for me) i am talking about feeling the reverberations through the board as it hits slows down and then you have to accelerate it.

I have also done some comparative sailing with a friend of mine, Gonzo, who has the Naish venturi with std fins, my Temavento was set with a 36cm choco rear fin and North G10 40 cm fins.

i was on a 12m slingshot Rally and he had a 13 m Ozone edge, upwind the Temavento was faster and pointed upwind higher, by a very decent margin, we then swapped boards and the same result was achieved this time Gonzo had his GPS on and there was a clear 8-10 degree advantage upwind riding the Temavento.

across the wind and down wind speed was comparable, gybing and taking really is very easy on the Temavento

the Temavento and the RRD have been used with the same fin set and same kites from 17m -9m

Which of the Venturis does your buddy have?

Nice when you ride and see that you have an advantage. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:58 am 
Frequent Poster

he has the 70 full size one,

the front fins are noticeably further back on the Venturi compared to the Temavento and the North 2012 green board, that could be a factor in the upwind performance and yet what helps it be easy on a reach.

although he is now running straight 42 and 38 cm fins in it rather than the standard 37.5 so it will be good to see what happens next time we run.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:50 am 
Very Frequent Poster

james wrote:
he has the 70 full size one,

the front fins are noticeably further back on the Venturi compared to the Temavento and the North 2012 green board, that could be a factor in the upwind performance and yet what helps it be easy on a reach.

although he is now running straight 42 and 38 cm fins in it rather than the standard 37.5 so it will be good to see what happens next time we run.

I think it sounds like something is a little off. 8-10 degrees sounds like a lot. I have seen this board go toe to toe against really good riders on north..agura..rrd...and it is definitely not 8-10 degrees.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 am 
Frequent Poster

well the GPS wasn't lying.. i can see if he can put the file up?

the other thing is the standard fins are simply not the same performance, you have said yourself that when you used different fins it changed performance a lot. we are sailing this afternoon and he now has some bigger fins, so we will see what happens.

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next