Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Royal kites.. Wheres my kites

Forum for kitesurfers
sprockett
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ruakaka Beach, One tree point,......
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines
Gear: Nobile, Flexifoil, Sprockett Boards
Brand Affiliation: Sprockett Boards (owner)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Royal kites.. Wheres my kites

Postby sprockett » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 pm

From the amount of emails I have received and PM's since i started this thread mostly from disgruntled importers and distributors... I think their are serious issues whether its financial or bad planning I don't know. It is certainly bad communication.
Papabear and ToastSNY.. maybe we need to wait till the end of the month (as they have promised kites by then) and if no delivery/further assurances we should then join resources and proceed as a collective. legal costs could be shared thus resulting in less financial impact to each of us.

Sprockett

Anabatic_co_nz
Medium Poster
Local Beach: New Zealand
Gear: 12m 9m and 7m Skull Kite
Brand Affiliation: Founder of Kiteboarding.RED

Postby Anabatic_co_nz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 pm

ToastSYN gave a good insight. As does Dimitri.

Sprockett I suggest you contact the factory directly and get an assurance they are still working with ROYAL. If you can get this info, next find out who if anyone is taking over ownership. I assume here that news if the spilt is confirmed. Given the amount of smoke thats been blown up yours this sounds like a bloody disaster and I wouldn't be waiting any longer for taking some real action.

Get as many of our European friends who personally know these two guys to have a quiet word.
This will get more action than you might expect.
If no cash comes into your account in 2 days take it to another level.

ROYAL might think this thread is not being read but the truth is the industry has noticed.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 am

Never ever send good money after bad. This seems like the same story we've heard before. Cash flow problems due to a mix of mismanagement and lack of control.

Dimitri: Your suggestion that you would give an extra free kite if someone were waiting for their stuff seems laughably naive as their problems is most certainly a cashflow issue, which means that they cannot pay for the kites they are trying to produce. Especially considering your last venture where people did not get the products they paid for.

Either way I hate to see this stuff in our sport.

ToastSYN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: anywhere on Maui
Favorite Beaches: Ka'a Point, Matanzas Inlet
Style: overpowered
Gear: Royal Era 8m, Torch 7m, Obession 7m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Mercenary

Postby ToastSYN » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Sprocket,
I would advise you to get your money back asap. Watch what happens when you try to get it. You will get the run around then most likely never get it or only a few pieces of $hit quality gear.
Mikael is a piece of work. The last kite I got from them wasn't even the one I asked for.
-Toast

Keio
Rare Poster
Local Beach: All Estonian Beaches.
Favorite Beaches: Österby, Tõrvanina, Pärnu
Style: Freestyle, freeride
Gear: Royal equipment

Postby Keio » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 pm

I am Estonian distributor, and ordered raceboards and kites this february. Had delay and paid for them early april. Then the fun begin, avoiding, fooling around, not answering emails/phone. Both Simone and Mikael. After several emails promised me new 2013 gear end of july. But as race season is fucked up already now, i asked half money back few months ago. Still dreaming of it. Now i want all money back. Dept collector agency works on that....

Lets see, what happens in next few weeks.. If they dont come on sense...

Keio
Last edited by Keio on Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:37 am

I kind of feel sorry for the guys. I bet this is not an easy situation for anyone. I would hate to be in their shoes.
:cry:

Brightondan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Lancing

Postby Brightondan » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Don't feel sorry for them! They have acted in a deceiving and fraudulent manner.

I've tried to stay away from posting on here to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience has ended.

We have been treated the same here (Royal Distributor in the UK). We've placed an order in Feb which we got part delivery, and then a further order in April, which we've had no delivery.

Mikael and Simone will not answer phone calls and emails. I wish I had known others were going through these issues before handing over any cash.

I'd be interested to know if any of you were informed about them filing to have the company struck off the register in the UK (they registered RYL Kiteboarding as a UK company), and it is a criminal offence to do try and strike off a company without informing creditors.

I also have both of their personal addresses if anyone is interested! Mikael, Simone (i know you're reading this) - as per previous 20 mails over the last 6 weeks, I'm happy to take down this post should you fulfil your order, or refund my money.

To continue to take cash off of your distributors after you've filed a petition to strike the company from trading is grossly unprofessional, and down right nasty.

bustingbladder
Medium Poster

Postby bustingbladder » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Bump, really sucks for you guys.... DONT BUY ROYAL KITES!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Brightondan wrote:Don't feel sorry for them! They have acted in a deceiving and fraudulent manner.

I've tried to stay away from posting on here to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience has ended.

We have been treated the same here (Royal Distributor in the UK). We've placed an order in Feb which we got part delivery, and then a further order in April, which we've had no delivery.

Mikael and Simone will not answer phone calls and emails. I wish I had known others were going through these issues before handing over any cash.

I'd be interested to know if any of you were informed about them filing to have the company struck off the register in the UK (they registered RYL Kiteboarding as a UK company), and it is a criminal offence to do try and strike off a company without informing creditors.

I also have both of their personal addresses if anyone is interested! Mikael, Simone (i know you're reading this) - as per previous 20 mails over the last 6 weeks, I'm happy to take down this post should you fulfil your order, or refund my money.

To continue to take cash off of your distributors after you've filed a petition to strike the company from trading is grossly unprofessional, and down right nasty.
Yes that is true. If they have behaved fraudulently there is no excuse.

sprockett
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ruakaka Beach, One tree point,......
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, Philippines
Gear: Nobile, Flexifoil, Sprockett Boards
Brand Affiliation: Sprockett Boards (owner)

Postby sprockett » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 am

Ive just been contacted by Simone & have further news of whats happening,

EDITED waiting on reply to further email sent to Simone

Return to “Kitesurfing”