Forum for kitesurfers
scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lib Tech Waterboards

Postby scklandl » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 pm

speaking of cross over sport tech, kiteboard companies should take a look at lib-tech snowboard builds and realize that great boards can be made from high density foam! What a concept! Imagine what it would be like to have a kiteboard with a proper flex pattern and weigh 2 lbs less! Wow, imagine the possibilities... wow imagine.... maybe in another 10 years we will get there, imagine

Johnny Rotten
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence

Postby Johnny Rotten » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:41 pm

scklandl wrote:speaking of cross over sport tech, kiteboard companies should take a look at lib-tech snowboard builds and realize that great boards can be made from high density foam! What a concept! Imagine what it would be like to have a kiteboard with a proper flex pattern and weigh 2 lbs less! Wow, imagine the possibilities... wow imagine.... maybe in another 10 years we will get there, imagine
I think North is the only company with the size financial backing and engineering to pull of this invention

:rollgrin:

GregK
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Average
Gear: Lift V2 Surf & HA wingsets
Ocean Rodeo kites & wings
Brand Affiliation: started Comox Kite Repair

Postby GregK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:
scklandl wrote: ...great boards can be made from high density foam! What a concept! .... maybe in another 10 years we will get there, imagine
I think North is the only company with the size financial backing and engineering to pull of this invention

:rollgrin:
Check out BroKite's custom TT's, maybe what you're hoping for - http://www.brokite.com/2012/page/techtalk.html

Look like some pretty sweet TT's, would like to ride one if I ever get to Corpus Christi again ...

mike dubs
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: southend, whitstable, camber
Favorite Beaches: west end of camber sands
Style: Surf
Gear: FireWire, BWS drifter, nobble skim board, 12/9/7 bandit 5's

Postby mike dubs » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 am

this thread is about a world renowned board builder making innovative surfboards and you post something about a small random outfit making TT's?

mike

GregK
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Average
Gear: Lift V2 Surf & HA wingsets
Ocean Rodeo kites & wings
Brand Affiliation: started Comox Kite Repair

Postby GregK » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

Mike D - Look a little deeper and you'll see that Jerry Hartung and West Hansen of BroKite have a long and varied history in boardbuilding, and are building some very innovative TT's, thin & light HD Divinycell just as Scott was hoping. Their five stringers between top and bottom laminates are unique, to my knowledge.

Sometimes the little guys can have great ideas, engineering and products too, not only the big co.'s.as suggested by Johnny R.

I'm hoping someone kites or surfs a Lib Tech waterboard and writes about it here, but while we're waiting, might as well have something to discuss beyond indignation that the thread has gone off-topic.

Peace, good wind for you, whatever board you're riding.

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Brokite boards are interesting, like to try one of those too.
No need to duck for the imaginary fastballs of inside baseball :lol:

Johnny Rotten
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:16 am

GregK wrote:Mike D - Look a little deeper and you'll see that Jerry Hartung and West Hansen of BroKite have a long and varied history in boardbuilding, and are building some very innovative TT's, thin & light HD Divinycell just as Scott was hoping. Their five stringers between top and bottom laminates are unique, to my knowledge.

Sometimes the little guys can have great ideas, engineering and products too, not only the big co.'s.as suggested by Johnny R.

I'm hoping someone kites or surfs a Lib Tech waterboard and writes about it here, but while we're waiting, might as well have something to discuss beyond indignation that the thread has gone off-topic.

Can tell you're just trying to be helpful but lot's of foam boards you can try....
sadly you missed the saracasm compeltely, there are HUNDREDS of people making HD foam boards (myself included...and I'm betting scott has a stable of homemade HD foam boards as well.) Some pretty big names (Jimmy lewis probably the most well known) making production boards. It's not new, never has been, the first kiteboards I believe were likely made of this shit.
But appreciate you keeping this thread alive.

Cuz we still wanna know......Again anyone try a libtech?....it's a cool design idea, is it any good?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:40 am

Johnny Rotten wrote:
GregK wrote:Mike D - Look a little deeper and you'll see that Jerry Hartung and West Hansen of BroKite have a long and varied history in boardbuilding, and are building some very innovative TT's, thin & light HD Divinycell just as Scott was hoping. Their five stringers between top and bottom laminates are unique, to my knowledge.

Can tell you're just trying to be helpful but lot's of foam boards you can try....
sadly you missed the saracasm compeltely, there are HUNDREDS of people making HD foam boards (myself included...and I'm betting scott has a stable of homemade HD foam boards as well.) Some pretty big names (Jimmy lewis probably the most well known) making production boards. It's not new, never has been, the first kiteboards I believe were likely made of this shit.
But appreciate you keeping this thread alive.

Cuz we still wanna know......Again anyone try a libtech?....it's a cool design idea, is it any good?

I could not find the board I liked, and they wanted $150 to ship to Hawaii...that is more than I can fund right now.

brokite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: corpus christi
Favorite Beaches: corpus christi
Style: twin tip
Gear: brokite
Brand Affiliation: brokite
Been thanked: 0

Postby brokite » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

mike dubs wrote:this thread is about a world renowned board builder making innovative surfboards and you post something about a small random outfit making TT's?

mike
:angryfire: Wake up Mike, Brokite makes 60 boards a year, one at a time in my Corpus shop. West and I know what it takes to craft one of the most exceptional twin tips available. The boards are all carbon, with high density foam core, and are only 5/16 inches thick. The construction method produces a super light board with unique flex patterns unmatched by others.

100% CARBON FIBER - NO FAT - NO TREES - CORPORATE FREE

Jerry Hartung
BROKITE.COM

Tony
Frequent Poster
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz