*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:59 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 88
Location: Cesenatico Italy
stefaans wrote:
i take it Jimmy is not sending a board over to SF, would be impressive if that board can hang.

Tien, sorry man but yeah the Miks lab is the board to have. I don't own one myself for the same reason.
All the boards on that list will get you competitive other than the "jellybean" of course.
Like somebody mentioned already get the one that will last at this point. a busted board is the slowest.



Hi Stefaans
what do you mean with " if that board can hang" ?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:14 pm
Posts: 200
Location: San Francisco
Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:

Hi Stefaans
what do you mean with " if that board can hang" ?


What he means is most of the SF fleet is on Mike's board. 6 of the top 13 from last years World Championships regularly race here.

Stefaans is the guy to ride "different" he currently is on a Italian racing machine. The problem is it is more Lancia than Ferrari. For those that don't know Lancia makes some amazing car that break down and fall apart.

I personally am on a Mike's Lab so I currently not looking to switch.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:18 pm
Posts: 315
i have owned one of those Italian racing machines as you put it, and it too spent too much time in the shop getting fixed for my liking so i made the switch to the TemaVento and haven't looked back, big improvement all round weighed 5kg when i got it and still does, no cracks holes or anything nasty, No one in the UK has a Mikes lab so i cant compare on that front but it does what it says on the tin..


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:49 am
Posts: 603
Cool James, yeah one can only take so many repairs before you just gotta give up good shape or not. Hopefully we see a TemaVento soon for all to try.

Tien, just remembered another great performance board you can try and that's the CF6 from NJS. Hit him up I am sure he can arrange something. I think he was actually the first ever designer that got into kiteracing. Boards are solid at a fraction of the ML


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1008
Tien wrote:
If it is the Mike's Lab one i can't afford buy it.


How much do the Mike's Lab boards cost? I thought they were around $2000 board only in the US while all the other brands are $1600-$1800 board only. Not that much more expensive is it? Plus if you're in San Francisco, then you won't have to pay shipping? (Note: anything over $1000 is above how much I'm willing to pay.) The wait list is an issue as well.

What are the prices for the NJS and Temavento boards?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:01 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:08 am
Posts: 22
Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:
Al-Kite-A wrote:
Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:




I have more then something to do with TMV, I own the company together with the shaper , Mr. Enrico Casciani.

We are a "small" company , IKA eligible only since june 21 2012.
So only since 2 months



Hi Jimmy

Your boards look great and i love the idea of a small company giving the big players a run for their money but if i can give you a friendly tip.....Sort your web site out... After seeing your pimping here on kiteforum.com i was interested so i did a quick google search hoping to find your website with more info on your boards but instead all i could find was a one page web site with some appalling English and no info on the products. Personally i think you are wasting you time promoting a product like a course board (especially here on a international web site) until you have a GOOD website up and running. It makes your company look unprofessional

Please don't take this personally because it is only meant to be helpful feed back for you.

I like "riding different" i heard a saying once "if you are not changing the game you are only following the leaders"

Good luck with your boards and hope to see some of them over here in Australia soon.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:04 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 88
Location: Cesenatico Italy
Al-Kite-A wrote:
Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:

Hi Stefaans
what do you mean with " if that board can hang" ?


What he means is most of the SF fleet is on Mike's board. 6 of the top 13 from last years World Championships regularly race here.

Stefaans is the guy to ride "different" he currently is on a Italian racing machine. The problem is it is more Lancia than Ferrari. For those that don't know Lancia makes some amazing car that break down and fall apart.

I personally am on a Mike's Lab so I currently not looking to switch.


Sorry, I understand is a legit question (leaking from screw, from fin box, de lamination, crooked and so on..)

TMV is more a Lamborghini.

Image

@Al
I am happy for you , you own a ML. If everybody copy it , there must be a reason.
Anyway if you are a SF local... perhaps you can find a Brave Rider who want to buy a TMV just cause it's Orange and not white :rollgrin:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 88
Location: Cesenatico Italy
damian wrote:


Hi Jimmy

Your boards look great and i love the idea of a small company giving the big players a run for their money but if i can give you a friendly tip.....Sort your web site out... After seeing your pimping here on kiteforum.com i was interested so i did a quick google search hoping to find your website with more info on your boards but instead all i could find was a one page web site with some appalling English and no info on the products. Personally i think you are wasting you time promoting a product like a course board (especially here on a international web site) until you have a GOOD website up and running. It makes your company look unprofessional

Please don't take this personally because it is only meant to be helpful feed back for you.

I like "riding different" i heard a saying once "if you are not changing the game you are only following the leaders"

Good luck with your boards and hope to see some of them over here in Australia soon.


Thank you.
I will contact mr. Toby to pay asap my quote to officially pimping the Orange board.


Your words are much appreciated. Really!
I will asap delete the page and put the link at the temavento FB page

www.facebook.com/temavento

I am having so much fun with this race story..

Anyway
the website is the last thing for me at this stage.
We put every energy on R&D and had no time to do the cosmetic work

Check the fb , you will find some interesting stuff


Anyway 2
I am here ready to face you, customers.
If I was not 100% sure of the quality and the performance of the board .. I would not write here with the risk somebody reply bad things about TMV

Cheers
Jimmy Mazzanti


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:25 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm
Posts: 22
Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:
Al-Kite-A wrote:
Jimmy Mazzanti wrote:

@Al
I am happy for you , you own a ML. If everybody copy it , there must be a reason.
Anyway if you are a SF local... perhaps you can find a Brave Rider who want to buy a TMV just cause it's Orange and not white :rollgrin:


Jimmy,

Why don't you send (temporarily) a board to Al for SF pro riders to test it and post here honest feedback and how does it compare to ML70? If impressions are good I believe you will gain many Europeans customers interested in your board, including me. The delivery costs would be low in comparission with the marketing results you would get. Most europeans need to import a competitive board from USA today so you would be changing the game. I don’t think SF locals will be buying a TMV without testing it first when ML is local to them.

Cheers
Isidro


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Which new raceboard to buy?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:15 am 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:31 am
Posts: 88
Location: Cesenatico Italy
isidrov wrote:

Jimmy,

Why don't you send (temporarily) a board to Al for SF pro riders to test it and post here honest feedback and how does it compare to ML70? If impressions are good I believe you will gain many Europeans customers interested in your board, including me. The delivery costs would be low in comparission with the marketing results you would get. Most europeans need to import a competitive board from USA today so you would be changing the game. I don’t think SF locals will be buying a TMV without testing it first when ML is local to them.

Cheers
Isidro


Cause we can wait the SF crew in Cagliari for the Worlds.
I guess the top riders will be there at least 1 week before to test the battle field.

So probably some of them will find few minutes to give the Orange a ride.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group