Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:15 am

I only see 12 knots :o in those photos.....there is no 7 or 8 :wink:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:05 am

I know that you were all happy that there was on the water with you a SP3 21...and that's OK :wink:

Now let's talk about fast /fun turning LW specific powerful tube kites only

I hope you are aware that the Core "Riot XR2LW"...is a more powerful light wind machine

That #19 size on wingtips does not scare away anybody to try it either.....all who try fall in :heartface:

Also available in LW machine sizes 17 and 15

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:41 am

Hello SupaEZ,
Usually when you start seeing white caps on the water that means it is blowing at least 11 to 12 knots. But the only problem is the current we have running the same direction between the 2 islands (Paros and Anti Paros). This is the reason also why when it is blowing 30 knots I can hold my 12m SCREAMER here in Paros because of the current.
When I arrived on the beach, I started pumping my SCREAMER 14 because I could see some white caps on the water. No body was on the water only few beginners learning how to body drag on different other kite brands. Suddenly while I was pumping my SCREAMER 14 I saw a FLYSURFER getting on the water with a race board. I had no idea how big that kite is or was. So then I knew I would not be able to stay up wind with my S14 kite I was pumping, so immediately went in my car and took my INFINITY v2. So it might of look like it was blowing 12 knots on the water, but because of the current it was less as soon as you got on the water. Any way, the rest of the story you can see it from the pictures.
:thumb:

P.S. Oh yes, I also have a video coming out showing the action of the INFINITY v2 vs the FLYSURFER and also the NORTH DYNO 17 that day. For a while it was just us but then some one else came in the water with a DYNO 17 North and a race board. The 3 of us had fun, but let's hope the wind in stronger today.
Attachments
DSC_0026 2.jpg
DSC_0020 1.jpg
DSC_0012 3.jpg
Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 am

Also 5 or 4 days ago, some one from SWITZERLAND was here in Paros on vacation. I beleive he had only CORE kites when he was here. But 4 or 5 days ago when the wind dropped from 7 to 13 knots for few hours, he rigged his CORE 17 kite and was kiting. But then after listening to few people trying the INFINITY V2 kite and OXYGEN v2 board that day, he came up to me and asked if he could demo them.
He loved it so much after spending 40 minutes on the kite and board and founded the INFINITY v2 to be much faster and light in the air then his Core 17 kite, and was also very impressed on how responsive and fast planning the OXYGEN board was that he was interested to buy the entire demo INFINITY v2 kite and OXYGEN v2 board on the spot to bring them back to Switzerland in order to save on shipping.
I told him I was sorry but I could not sell them. He is back in Switzerland now and just sent me this email yesterday.
Subject: Greetings from Switzerland
Date: August 14, 2012 11:53:59 PM GMT+03:00

Geia sou Dimitri,
It was a pleasure to meet you in Paros this summer.
Unfortunately my vacation is over and I'm back in the cold and low windy Switzerland.
I was impressed flying the infinity and riding the oxygen.
I spoke to my friends about this experience and they thought I'm kitting them.
But after watching you on youtube riding in 7-8KN they where impressed to.
We all have already a 17m kite and a lightwind board but now we all want to own the infinity and the oxygen!
I would like to ask you for your best deal if we order 3 packages (Infinity+bar and oxygen).
Notice that we have to sell our almost new stuff that we bough this February.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Best regards
Stelios
As you can see Mr.SupaEZ, their is nothing else I can say. The kites and boards work for themselves. All I need to do is let people demo them. But the only problem is hard to get people out of the water while they are demoing the EPIC gear. I might have to get a leash to flag them out.
:thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Sorry i missed the small print at bottom of contract....there was current going with the wind :wink:

Then maybe there is current against the wind when you rip in 7-8kn on a 135x47 :wink:

Spoken like a true politician as always....you did not address the XR2LW 19 kite

Come on you know and i know that you are a better kiter than any of those in Switzerland :D

The XR2LW 17 is in no way slower and less powerful than your kite in MY hands

And in my hands the XR2LW 19...is the ultimate LW fun tube machine compared to your small kite

Put out videos comparing yourself on INF2 with similar experience kiters in LW on similar kites

Put your racer 17 in video against other high AR kites like Dyno 17 and Sp3

You would have to design a larger INF2 to even keep up with me in LW...and you know it :wink:

In only let's say 9-10 knots (zero current) i would jump higher , loop higher,go faster

P.S. Sorry if i went on your Epic post.....but i believe the public needs to know to make their choices

........................................ :surf: ...............................................................................................................

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 pm

I guess if you really want to know, the best thing for you to do Supa, is to demo the Infinity V2 against your Core kite and maybe you will want to buy one and sell your kite too!
Like the guys from Switzerland, who did a direct real life comparison, and want to buy three kites and three Oxygen boards. I do bet your Core 19 is a nice powerful kite though! :wink:

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Oldnbroken wrote: guess if you really want to know, the best thing for you to do Supa, is to demo the Infinity V2 against your Core kite and maybe you will want to buy one and sell your kite too!
SupaEZ wrote:The XR2LW 17 is in no way slower and less powerful than your kite in MY hands
It sounds like he already has tried it out. I've tried Infinity V1 against Dyno and was impressed by the turning speed, but not by the low end. Depends on what you want to do with the kite.

The letter from Switzerland doesn't really say that he was impressed with the power of the Infinity vs. his kite, maybe just liked the way it flew better. I've never flown a Core kite, so can't compare.

Hopefully will try out the Infinity V2 next time I'm down in the Outer Banks.

Also I think there should be another warning: Warning, Dimitri is really good and you can't ride this kite in as light of winds as he does! :lol: I was struggling to stay up on Infinity + Oxygen combo. Handed the kite to Dimitri and he took off like a rocket!

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:41 pm

It was the same for me, first two go's on the Infinity and i was not going upwind as much as I would have liked, however a session or two later and then was rocking upwind in very light conditions, especially if on a lightwind board or even better a race board.

We had this from a customer who we sent a demo Infinity last week..

Got home from an awesome weekend and have to say on Friday I was the only guy going out, kite is just unbelievable in 5mph of wind, to get 8 ft jumps in is ridiculous my only thing is the bar pressure, it was much heavier than I am used to and did struggle after an hr or so, but I did back to back it against a 15mt deluxe flysurfer and totally preferred the Infinity,faster loops like a 12 in my opinion and it created a big stir on the beach when walking out in basically a light breeze!!!

I'm sure some will pick holes in this (8ft jumps in 5mph does sound a bit far fetched BUT that is his words)
The main thing is....he enjoyed himself and he got out when he would not have otherwise.

www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby JamesVegas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:17 pm

windsuks wrote:
I'm sure some will pick holes in this (8ft jumps in 5mph does sound a bit far fetched BUT that is his words)
The main thing is....he enjoyed himself and he got out when he would not have otherwise.

Are you talking about my offer Marc? :D

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 pm

windsuks wrote:It was the same for me, first two go's on the Infinity and i was not going upwind as much as I would have liked, however a session or two later and then was rocking upwind in very light conditions, especially if on a lightwind board or even better a race board.

We had this from a customer who we sent a demo Infinity last week..

Got home from an awesome weekend and have to say on Friday I was the only guy going out, kite is just unbelievable in 5mph of wind, to get 8 ft jumps in is ridiculous my only thing is the bar pressure, it was much heavier than I am used to and did struggle after an hr or so, but I did back to back it against a 15mt deluxe flysurfer and totally preferred the Infinity,faster loops like a 12 in my opinion and it created a big stir on the beach when walking out in basically a light breeze!!!

I'm skeptical of 8 foot jumps in even 10 mph (8.7 knots) ...
having the kite in the sky in 5 mph (4.3 knots!) I'm skeptical of...
8 ft jumps in 5 mph...

Other than that ridiculousness, he says he prefers the Infinity to the Flysurfer 15 DLX because it loops faster. I can't argue with that.

Low end vs. the Flysurfer though? Using his scale I'd say 30 foot jumps in 4 knots on the flysufer, no problem.

Return to “Kitesurfing”