Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

SIZE TESTED...SIZE AVAILABLE...17 METERS.. :thanx: NOW WE KNOW :rollgrin:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm

SIZE TESTED...SIZE AVAILABLE...17 METERS.. :thanx: NOW WE KNOW :rollgrin:
This is what the SBC KITEBOARD magazine wants you to know. Because they did ask me what size it was and I told them to figure it out, because it is a light wind kite and if you are looking for kiting in 7 to 12 knots no need to know about the size. The size is "INFINITY........". So it might be a 15,16,17,18 or may a 19 meter kite. They think it is a 17 meter
:lol: :naughty:
Any way this is also from the new issue of the KITEWORLD magazine review they did on the INFINITY v2 kite.
Let's check what they have to say...

P.S. if you can read what's written on the review bellow let me know and I will take some time to write it for you
:thumb:
Attachments
kw_infinv2_aug.jpg

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:Still dont get why people think the weight of a kite is interesting to know.
All kites fly MUCH MUCH earlier then when they can be kiteable.
So kinda wondering if it even matters if a kite is lighter or heavier.

But what the heck do i know.
Maybe a lot of people getting educated and have been reading Bill Hansen's postings,
and they know how important is the weight in light winds, since you're wondering :wink:
Or people are aware of this thread "weight / projected area = onepossible light wind indicator" :lol:
The customer has the right to know the weight and size of a kite when they ask for it,
if it wasn't included in the spec's sheet that's my opinion.
Since Dimitri posted the dry weights 9.3 lbs,
it's kind of similar to some other brand's 17m light wind kite :thumb:

DrLW

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:30 pm

In my opinion, ....which is just an opinion
..Everything else that they talk about in those reviews, as far as performance and feel and lightwind capability (power, depower, jumping, turning speed, drift, relaunch, bar feel/feedback) is far more important that kite weight or size, or aspect ratio for that matter.
Read the reviews more closely, they don't know what size it is.
I don't believe 17M the correct number to win kite BINGO today though. :no1:

Magazines compare lightwind kites of all sizes together.
They review the Infinity and the Big Mama 14.5 right with the Fat Lady 17, Ozone Zephyr 17, North Dyno 15 & 17, OR Rise Lightwind 15, SS Turbine 17, Core 17 & 19, Speed 19 & 21 and so on.
The reviewers don't seem to care what size it is, they talk about what it does in what wind.
The last thing Kiteworld Mag review says, turns like a 14M and has the power of a 19M. :mosh:
Last edited by L0KI on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 pm

The last thing in the Kiteworld Mag review says turns like a 14M and has the power of a 19M. Nice!
No way.... is that what the KITEWORLD magazine review says!!!

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:In my opinion, ....which is just an opinion
..Everything else that they talk about in those reviews, as far as performance and feel and lightwind capability (jumping, turning speed, feedback) is far more important that kite weight or size, or aspect ratio for that matter.
The last thing in the Kiteworld Mag review says turns like a 14M and has the power of a 19M. :naughty:
I'll bite... my opinion is all these performance characteristics are not magic. I want to know why... certain kites fly certain ways, so that I can make more of a edumacated decision when deciding what kites to consider for different conditions. In for light wind kites, compiling data on each one of them is a great idea. It might not be the only factor to consider but I think if people are interested why not?

These are the characteristics they are considering
A - area is in square meters [qm]
pA - pojected area [qm]
pA/A - efficiency of area use
m - mass is in [kg]
m/pA - mass per projected qm
UR - User Rating of lightwind performance from 0..100%

Make sense to me.
How can
turns like a 14M and has the power of a 19M
describe how a kite feels... a 14m what? a 19m what? if you took the same kite in 14m would it then still turn like a 14m? are they comparing this to 2005 kites... its such a BS statement it is laughable.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:59 pm

The thread with all the numbers table you refer to, has not had a post in it since early 2010 and it is a 2009 thread.
The reason for that is...all the data you are talking about has gotten so variable with the various kite designs that we have today, that the numbers you are caring about have little to do with anything unless you know far more about the kites than the manufacturers are willing to divulge.
For fun, read the recent article in Kiteworld 57 about the Best kite designers, they say what I just repeated.
That last sentence is a summation about turning speed and power, after all the rest of the descriptives that they put in the Kiteworld Infinity review.
The things they feel and they talk about are what matters, not the numbers.
They talk about performance results in terms of feel through the whole review, or ay good review.
That is what the reviews are somewhat useful for, and taken with a grain or two.
After that, you will never know until you demo, which is what is always suggested by Mr. Dimitri.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 pm

....describe how a kite feels... a 14m what? a 19m what? if you took the same kite in 14m would it then still turn like a 14m? are they comparing this to 2005 kites... its such a BS statement it is laughable.
Laughingman,
You have to understand that people are different. Some people like to compare the kites with other kites they have been flying with to compare the difference in the power and the turning speed of the kite, and some other kiters like yourself need to know the scientific formula why the kite has so much power and turns so fast.
You don't know how many people I meet on the beach when I do my demos and few of them after demoing the INFINITY kite use these feed back:

-"My God this kite is fast for a light wind kite, it turns as fast as my 2011 15 meter ________ kite that I just got. What size is it!!!"
-"Whaooo... I am impressed this kite has as much power as my friend's foil kite but turns as fast as my 14 meter _______. Is this kite for sale!!!"
-"I don't like big kites but this one made me think about getting a big kite for light wind days. Is this a 19 meter kite!!!!"
-"Did you see me doing a kite loop on that kite it was so easy. Does this kite come in smaller size?
-"I can't beleive how fast this kite responds and how alive it is, and the pressure on the bar is so light...

And so on....These are the comments I get on the beach. But hey don't beleive me just get a chance and try it. I can't wait to hear what you have to say.
:remybussi:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Dimitri M wrote: This is what the SBC KITEBOARD magazine wants you to know. So it might be a 15,16,17,18 or maybe a 19 meter kite. They think it is a 17 meter
They tested the kite,measured it by comparison and i BELIEVE they they are correct with result

Your kite is NOT a19 or an 18 that is for sure :wink:

A 15 meter....clearly noooo way does it look that smallish

So it leaves us between 16 and 17

It could be 16.25 / 16.50 / 16.75

I recall you said that V1 was slightly smaller than V2

So my take is that you went from 16.25 to 16.75....and rounded up... it is considered a "17"M

There is NO MYSTERY ANYMORE ....be proud of your 17 METERS LW machine

P.S. that photo from KITEWORLD of your LW kite

Was taken in more than 7 or 8or 9 or 10 or even 11 knots !!!!!

That small TT is clearly in a minimum of 12 knots....so not the best advertisement for "light wind"

I would like to wish the INF V2 a : :happybirthday:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:48 pm

...............16 going on 17 video.................... :happybirthday:

..............enjoy...your baby is growing up.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKp8J0AV9aE

........................................... :thumb: ..........................................................................................

Return to “Kitesurfing”