Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone mad?

forum for kitesurfers


tony montana
Frequent Poster
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 am
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby tony montana » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Jbrook wrote:Never had one problem with a FOne velcro release. I kite more than 300 days a year, how about you? Does North include a leash with their bar? They started raising their prices absurdly with the 1200 dollar TT, then 300 dollar pads and strap more or less. So of course the bar for 550 dollars was coming. The problem is people line up to get the 2013 stuff before its out, so I guess if you are like this price is not issue. I usually wait a little to make sure stuff did not get released too fast. Buy what you like and ride what you like. If we were all the same life would be boring! :nono:

I live and work on the beach 7 days a week so i would estimate 300 plus days,a year;and yes north includes a leash with bar,and you say replace depower rope 20 sessions on north bar is BS,after i launch my kite i go waist deep in water and clean my qr and de power rope i also wax it ,its lasts 300 plus sessions,unlike you i had nothing negative to say about F1qr release,i pointed out the fact that a north qr costs way more to make than a velcro release,its slightly more complicated than velcro on surf board leash,so should be way cheaper than north,TONY

User avatar
edt
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3969
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Style: unhooked and hooked boots only
Gear: slingshot, north, liquid force, cmb, pansh
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby edt » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:44 pm

I can't wait until Walmart comes out with a kite control bar, plastic molded bar, cheap carbon steel o rings, nylon depower rope, 1.75mm nylon 50 pound lines 18m lines all for only $199.99. You guys will love it.

Motion
Frequent Poster
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:31 pm
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Grado, Marina Julija
Style: Freeride
Gear: Liquid Force, Blade
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby Motion » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Not only bars got expesive, boots too. 1000e for a pair of boots :o Far more than i pay for my new 12m kite.

http://www.buywake.eu/default.asp/id,1138/index.html

:( :(

User avatar
recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Sherman Island, CA
Ka'a Point, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Neo, North Gambler, North Wam
Brand Affiliation: North USA team rider
Location: North Shore Maui
Contact:

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby recoprianto » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:16 pm

tautologies wrote:No that is absolutely a load of bollocks. Sorry...but it is. From right now, sure if no one buy the price goes down temporarily on current stock, but then no one will be producing it...and you are stuck with no bars.
Come on this is econ 101. Just so frustrating to see.

Isn't everyone complaining about 2013 bars being more expensive than 2012. I would infer that North has enough demand for their bars in 2012 that they feel comfortable raising the price for 2013. I own a business where my product is 100% created by my company. I don't arbitrarily raise prices. I raise prices because my customers value my products and are willing to pay more for them or because my costs have gone up.

Some one else posted that you can build some hilljack bar yourself for $200 not including your labor. Do you really want to spend days tracking down materials, modifying them and then trying to assemble them to save $350; and end up with an inferior product. This would be a fun challenge, but not something anyone I know would do to save money.

I did a quick search on the net and here are prices in the US.

2012 Cabrinha Bar - $499
2012 North Trust Bar - $450
2012 Slingshot Bar - $450
2012 Liquid Force Bar - $450
2012 Wainman Bar - $450
2012 Naish Control Bar - $450
2012 Best Redline Bar - $429
2012 Ozone Bar - $379

User avatar
Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Crystal Palace

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby Carlos_C » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Flysurfer Infinity 2 = 299 € or $375

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: shallow sea

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby eree » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:54 pm

recoprianto wrote:...You just took this conversation into the toilet.
The bars are expensive because people pay it. If no ones buys them, the price goes down. It is really very simple

you are right. no more kites with bar for me. i have some 4 bars for now with my current kites, but from now on i have to buy just a little bit of thick spectra line for my depower line and couple of spindles of dynema lines bought in bulk.
recoprianto wrote:Less expensive products probably have a combination of the following: less expensive materials, less R&D which means they are copying others products and are behind the technology curve, or limited support in the form of no shops or reps to talk to

if you mean R&D stands for Rest-a-lot & Drink-at-some-tropical-resort-while-underaged-chinese-guys-stitch-stuff-together so yes.
and about copying others product you do mean mr Mooboo's (the one from Neanderthal village) stick (aka bar) with the hole in it (pat.nr. 0000000002) invention and for QR you mean 400 yo expired patent for the mouse trap downgraded for the need of kiteboarding?
and is there really "limited support in the form of no shops or reps to talk to" available?
can i order my bar dry?
recoprianto wrote:Kiting is my #1 hobby, I am willing to pay whatever it takes to get the gear that I really want. Life is too short to ride gear you don't like

drinking is my nr.1 hobby, kiting is nr.2. so i am willing to pay whatever it takes to get the boos i really like. and i'll make my life shorter just to be able to ride the gear while it is relatively affordable...

User avatar
recoprianto
Frequent Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Sherman Island, CA
Ka'a Point, Maui
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Island, CA; La Ventana, Mexico; all of NE Brazil; Kite Beach, Maui
Style: Freeride
Gear: North Neo, North Gambler, North Wam
Brand Affiliation: North USA team rider
Location: North Shore Maui
Contact:

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby recoprianto » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:58 pm

eree wrote:
recoprianto wrote:...You just took this conversation into the toilet.
The bars are expensive because people pay it. If no ones buys them, the price goes down. It is really very simple

you are right. no more kites with bar for me. i have some 4 bars for now with my current kites, but from now on i have to buy just a little bit of thick spectra line for my depower line and couple of spindles of dynema lines bought in bulk.
recoprianto wrote:Less expensive products probably have a combination of the following: less expensive materials, less R&D which means they are copying others products and are behind the technology curve, or limited support in the form of no shops or reps to talk to

if you mean R&D stands for Rest-a-lot & Drink-at-some-tropical-resort-while-underaged-chinese-guys-stitch-stuff-together so yes.
and about copying others product you do mean mr Mooboo's (the one from Neanderthal village) stick (aka bar) with the hole in it (pat.nr. 0000000002) invention and for QR you mean 400 yo expired patent for the mouse trap downgraded for the need of kiteboarding?
and is there really "limited support in the form of no shops or reps to talk to" available?
can i order my bar dry?
recoprianto wrote:Kiting is my #1 hobby, I am willing to pay whatever it takes to get the gear that I really want. Life is too short to ride gear you don't like

drinking is my nr.1 hobby, kiting is nr.2. so i am willing to pay whatever it takes to get the boos i really like. and i'll make my life shorter just to be able to ride the gear while it is relatively affordable...

Your response makes no sense. Were you trying to add to this conversation?

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:20 am
Kiting since: 2008
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:14 pm

i still using my naish 2009 bar only i change my depower lines ones in year, kiting almost every second day love my bar and i can't see much diference betwen the 2009 -2012 only the swivel and is not working any time that think cost 80 eur :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: is big joke

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9322
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Contact:

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby tautologies » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 pm

recoprianto wrote:Isn't everyone complaining about 2013 bars being more expensive than 2012. I would infer that North has enough demand for their bars in 2012 that they feel comfortable raising the price for 2013. I own a business where my product is 100% created by my company. I don't arbitrarily raise prices. I raise prices because my customers value my products and are willing to pay more for them or because my costs have gone up.


You are lucky if you raise your prices only because your customers value your product. Most do because of increasing costs of producing the product. :) I bet that most increases are there because increasing cost.

Some one else posted that you can build some hilljack bar yourself for $200 not including your labor. Do you really want to spend days tracking down materials, modifying them and then trying to assemble them to save $350; and end up with an inferior product. This would be a fun challenge, but not something anyone I know would do to save money.
Exactly!!!
If you calculate the in your hourly salary most would lose money this way.

In addition if you get the bar with a kite you are good to go anyways :)

I did a quick search on the net and here are prices in the US.

2012 Cabrinha Bar - $499
2012 North Trust Bar - $450
2012 Slingshot Bar - $450
2012 Liquid Force Bar - $450
2012 Wainman Bar - $450
2012 Naish Control Bar - $450
2012 Best Redline Bar - $429
2012 Ozone Bar - $379

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: shallow sea

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby eree » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 pm

viewtopic.php?t=2377123&p=

well, may be those kind of expenses get the gear prices up too?


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deniska, jarturo, lamza and 21 guests