Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone mad?

Forum for kitesurfers
Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 443 Euros / 550 USD / 349 GBP for a bar? Have they gone

Postby Ludmil » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi,
That`s quite clear I think.North`s sales volumes are not expected to increase.
They just follow world wide tendency to sell even less but to be more profitable.
On the other hand there is oportunity to establish premium segment in kiteboarding which is not well defined yet.
Unfortunately this also may lead to some MSRP increase within smaller comanies at the same time.
I don`t either understand people whining about company/brand pricing levels.Just don`t buy...

L.

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JamesVegas » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 pm

How is it clear that North's sales volumes are not expected to increase?

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:27 pm

JamesVegas wrote:How is it clear that North's sales volumes are not expected to increase?
Price inrease.Any other q`s?

JamesVegas
Frequent Poster

Postby JamesVegas » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:45 pm

Seriously? You think that the only reason a company increases the price on a product is because the do not expect sales to grow. Clearly you're no economics expert.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

I think Jdizzle is now one of my favorite forum members!

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:41 pm

JamesVegas wrote:Seriously? You think that the only reason a company increases the price on a product is because the do not expect sales to grow. Clearly you're no economics expert.
No, I`m not!
Expert is an induvidual who has made every mistake possible in his area... :wink:
Did I ever said that the only scenario of existence in general is sales volumes related only?
There is vast Nb of possibilities.

This is assumption of mine and of cource I may be wrong.

Oh, btw as Vegas /the kite/ is one of my favorite C`s, just popped to my mind that all companies this year are having C kites in their product line ...

L.

ID
Medium Poster

Postby ID » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Has Jdizzle (nice name) been touched inappropriately by someone wearing a North t-shirt?[/quote]

Not Just North, I'm butt hurt by the raping I've been taking by all the top brands over the last few years :lol:[/quote]

j dizzle, you are clearly the smartest and as you say most raped ass around,
but if you had mental capacity to understand what I wrote,
then you would get the point, that no one asks you to buy this or that bar if you don't like it, or if you find it too expensive, and you can have fun kiting even without buying overpriced equipment, just spare us your hate and offensivenes...

you clearly have a personal problem

I personally don't let any brand to rape me, like you say you do, and I do not pour my hate on forums calling people and brands offensive names...

I just ride equipment I like and I can afford and enjoy kiting... I do not change my equipment every year right when new models come out, and do not look for useless extra features, or believe in marketing hype...

not only when it comes in kiting, if I cannot afford something then I look for something else I will like within my budget, but I am not full of envy and frustration and in need of offending...

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Jdizzle » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 pm

ID wrote:Has Jdizzle (nice name) been touched inappropriately by someone wearing a North t-shirt?

Not Just North, I'm butt hurt by the raping I've been taking by all the top brands over the last few years :lol:[/quote]

j dizzle, you are clearly the smartest and as you say most raped ass around,
but if you had mental capacity to understand what I wrote,
then you would get the point, that no one asks you to buy this or that bar if you don't like it, or if you find it too expensive, and you can have fun kiting even without buying overpriced equipment, just spare us your hate and offensivenes...

you clearly have a personal problem

I personally don't let any brand to rape me, like you say you do, and I do not pour my hate on forums calling people and brands offensive names...

I just ride equipment I like and I can afford and enjoy kiting... I do not change my equipment every year right when new models come out, and do not look for useless extra features, or believe in marketing hype...

not only when it comes in kiting, if I cannot afford something then I look for something else I will like within my budget, but I am not full of envy and frustration and in need of offending...[/quote]

Come on dude, man up! This forum is just one big joke, and I enjoy trolling and taking the piss! Do you really take any of this shit seriously? I only post here when there hasn't been any wind for awhile, and I've been off work for FAR TOO LONG!

I'm not really that butt hurt, I have more than enough money to waste on top of the line kite gear! I just like to point out the fact that we are getting raped by the top brands!

Don't take it to heart, its just a stupid forum...jeeese! Insult me back, please! I love it! Pahahahaha :lol:

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 am

Where i kite brand bashers would not be tolarated,on a good day could be 30 different brands flying,taut your welcome on our beach any time.never read a post where you brand bash,ok you love naish nothing wrong with that,hey and if you post 1000 times a week that your buisness nobady forcing anybody to read them,i enjoy reading your posts,Tony

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 am

Dear Mr. Dizzle,
You are a farking idiot for not enjoying the raping. :fck:
I enjoy my gear so much more when I have to suffer massively to get it. :crazy2:
Every year I look forward to buying the newest kite gear, AT FULL RETAIL, so I will have all the latest colors and graphical depictions, for my friends to see.
I love kiting so much that I feel paying any price for my gear is just AOK. :no1:

I agree about the Ozone bar, it is very good.
Like their swivel mechanism, like their mini fifth line safety, the pull down loop release does not bother me at all, their Clamcleat kicks ass, the lineset is quality, the bar center piece is well done.
They should add bar ends that go 45/55.
The price is somewhat better than the crazy money that some (most) of the other companies are asking, ..but still too much.

Return to “Kitesurfing”