Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

forum for kitesurfers


KiteFrisco
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Frisco, NC
Favorite Beaches: Frisco, NC
Style: Waves, Flat Water
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby KiteFrisco » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:05 am

I think you can keep your slow, hard-to-relaunch kites. I bought my Infinity V1 for wave riding. With it, I've enjoyed a lot of waves that only a surfer could love (not blown out by the wind). Sometimes I like to push myself. Therefore, sometimes I drop my kite. Quick relaunch is important.

I really like how fast it turns. Yes, I like the turning of smaller kites better, but the Infinity is also quite enjoyable.

I can see why someone who only wants to mow the lawn on flat water might want a FS or other large, slow kite, since they don't need to turn it or relaunch it, but I want more out of my LW experience.

If someone wants to show me that their kite works better in the waves, I'm certainly interested, but so far on my Infinity, I've either been overpowered, or alone (excluding the occasional FS mowing the lawn on the outside).

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the Epic Bar. I use an old LF upgraded to CPR. I like it because of it's long depower and really simple design that doesn't tangle when I get worked. With it, I can Power up the kite to get to where I want to be quickly, and turn off the kite instantly to ride the wave.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1884
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Tone » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 am

KiteFrisco wrote:I think you can keep your slow, hard-to-relaunch kites. I bought my Infinity V1 for wave riding. With it, I've enjoyed a lot of waves that only a surfer could love (not blown out by the wind). Sometimes I like to push myself. Therefore, sometimes I drop my kite. Quick relaunch is important.

I really like how fast it turns. Yes, I like the turning of smaller kites better, but the Infinity is also quite enjoyable.

I can see why someone who only wants to mow the lawn on flat water might want a FS or other large, slow kite, since they don't need to turn it or relaunch it, but I want more out of my LW experience.

If someone wants to show me that their kite works better in the waves, I'm certainly interested, but so far on my Infinity, I've either been overpowered, or alone (excluding the occasional FS mowing the lawn on the outside).

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the Epic Bar. I use an old LF upgraded to CPR. I like it because of it's long depower and really simple design that doesn't tangle when I get worked. With it, I can Power up the kite to get to where I want to be quickly, and turn off the kite instantly to ride the wave.


I think you are mistaken and quite rude when you come on here and say that those people on FS kites are only interested in mowing the lawn.

User avatar
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Kiting since: 2005
Favorite Beaches: Deserted ones
Style: Techno rap trippy metal
Gear: Wainman/Epic/Blade/Shinn/Axis/Crazyfly
Brand Affiliation: They all pay me a massive salary

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 am

He posted his endorsement for an Epic kite on an Epic specific thread.

Edit: Which I guess would be better than going to a Flysurfer or Core thread to endorse an Epic kite.
Last edited by L0KI on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

HAMLINDP
Frequent Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:50 pm

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby HAMLINDP » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:13 am

I wonder if dude has ever flown an FS kite? Especially the new ones.

I'm hooked to FS because of the lift they provide.

I don't know what he means by mowing the lawn. Really?

Whenever I'm on the water, a lot of times by myself, lol, I'm trying rolls and trannies and getting BIG air! I have to push myself, because with all that power, sometimes it really takes some balls to initiate the manuever.

I think folks are afraid to try the FS closed cells, because they think they can't be relaunched, at least that's been my experience when I offer my kite to others for a spin. And oh my my, the Speed 3 relaunches faster than the pumpulars I've seen. Never once swam in this year, but I have rescued a few folks on their pumps. They really appreciate it when you go WAY upwind and retrieve their boards. And they especially like it when you aim their kites inland when they are down and being drug offshore.

Thank you Armin for a GREAT year. SOOOOOOO much fun!!!

Now to unhook that train for a laid out railey!!!

Wee haw!

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4729
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 am

Oldnbroken wrote:He posted his endorsement for an Epic kite on an Epic specific thread.

Edit: Which I guess would be better than going to a Flysurfer or Core thread to endorse an Epic kite.

Oh is that what it was :lol: I thought he was making sweeping generalizations that were totally incorrect.

User avatar
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4553
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1998
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Location: OUTER BANKS (NC) USA. Owner of EPICKITES
Contact:

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 pm

I guess i am on a mission to get that 7 knots out of your vocabulary :wink:
30 minute session : 12 knots for 3 minutes
...................................11 knots for 4 minutes
...................................10 knots for 9 minutes
....................................9 knots for 12 minutes
....................................8 knots for 1minute and 30 seconds
....................................7 knots for 30 seconds
As a politician you would be telling the truth :thumb:
It is a great LW kite with 5 stars for easy relaunch...but not the Ultimate LW machine anymore

Hello Mr.supaEZ,
I am sorry but I don't understand what you are saying!!! All I know is people that have tried the INFINITY v2 have been extremely impressed with his performance in light wind and that is also one of the reasons why we are sold out and can't keep them in stock.
But again since you leave in Florida, I am willing to come down this winter and meet you so you can actually demo the INFINITY v2 and see what this kite is all about. The reason I want to come down and meet you face to face is so I can record your reaction once you demo the INFINITY v2 with the OXYGEN V2 board.
:thumb:
What do you say?
Attachments
DSC_0144.jpg

User avatar
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Kiting since: 2005
Favorite Beaches: Deserted ones
Style: Techno rap trippy metal
Gear: Wainman/Epic/Blade/Shinn/Axis/Crazyfly
Brand Affiliation: They all pay me a massive salary

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Oldnbroken wrote:He posted his endorsement for an Epic kite on an Epic specific thread.
Edit: Which I guess would be better than going to a Flysurfer or Core thread to endorse an Epic kite.

Oh is that what it was :lol: I thought he was making sweeping generalizations that were totally incorrect.
Yes..exactly...I didn't say it was the most comprehensive, accurate and awesome endorsement, just that is was okay to post it here, at least it is in the right place, unlike the advertisements posted here about FS, Core, North, SS and so on.
I thought your skin was thick enough that a little FS comment didn't bother you.
You must be used to the dumb questions/comments about those kites from folks that don't know better.
Sweeping generalizations (like many stereotypes) start with a grain of truth, and most agree that a SP21 will go out lighter than pretty much any other kite....which sometimes leads to lawn mowing.
An Infinity must relaunch faster than a SP19 or 21?...no?
And of course, that Supa has the best lightwind kite in the world!! :lol:

User avatar
davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1814
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Gear: Flysurfer Sonics 9,11,15
Spotz2 w/Delta Board
Mako 130
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby davesails7 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Yes..exactly...I didn't say it was the most comprehensive, accurate and awesome endorsement, just that is was okay to post it here, at least it is in the right place, unlike the advertisements posted here about FS, Core, North, SS and so on.


I don't think advertisement is the right word when someone (not affiliated with any brand in any way) posts their experience testing the Infinity alongside or back to back with another kite.

If there is another kite that does better in the intended wind range than the subject kite of the post, then it's good to add to the discussion. This is a forum, not an advertisement banner. Advertisement banners are great because you can say whatever you want about the low end of your kite and no one can refute it.

In the end though, you've got to try the kite out to see if you like it, and Dimitri gives more demos than any other brand I've seen.

User avatar
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2733
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:17 am
Kiting since: 2005
Favorite Beaches: Deserted ones
Style: Techno rap trippy metal
Gear: Wainman/Epic/Blade/Shinn/Axis/Crazyfly
Brand Affiliation: They all pay me a massive salary

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I agree with you completely, bringing the direct comparisons to the table is one of the main best things about the forum.
The Core advertisements that we have been reading here (other than Dimitris direct A-B comparison) do not compare the Infinity because Supa has made no reference to comparing them which would lead one to believe he has not been on an Infinity, so has no business making a claim. What he has been doing is refuting lightwind claims that other people make, with his crystal ball method, and then proceed to claim his kite of choice as the best lightwind kite, and do it in an Epic specific thread.
I've posted comparisons of my experiences (some direct A-B comparisons) flying/owning LEI kites from Ocean Rodeo, Blade, Switch, Slingshot, Flexifoil, Eclipse, North, Ozone.
Done it in the Epic threads and done it in other threads.
Belonged to the forum for four years before posting anything, but when I finally did, it was to reply with a comparison of the two boards in my garage that I rode regularly.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby SupaEZ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Tone wrote:someone whom is good on a light wind kite that they have spent a lot of time on, will out perform anyone who has just stepped on.

Hence why I go with the Speed3 21m

EZ with the 19m Core kite

Dimitri on his Infinity

Tone


I like how you just said that Tone :D

I have mastered the SP21 and the XR19 kite in LW....and not interested in smaller INFV2

LW for a 21 SP3 = parked power at 7 knots on TT 135x47 at 75kg (foil)
LW for a 19 XR2 = parked power at 8 knots on TT 135x47 at 75kg (tube)
LW for a 17? V2 = parked power at 9 knots on TT 135x47 at 75kg (tube)

And if you sine kite to create momentum to plane the order becomes 6 knots / 7 knots / 8 knots


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], bluecupra, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests