Local Beach: Utah
Favorite Beaches: Gorge, Los Barilles, Deer Creek
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Philipines in October?

Postby trod27 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Ok after finding out that I need a visa to get into Vietnam, and I have to go in 3 weeks. From what it seems it will take longer than 3 weeks to get my visa.
Philipines is looking like a good option. But where? I will be there end of september to october. I am flying out of Macau or Hong Kong.
I am looking for wind, consistent wind. I would prefer chop or waves, but will take what I can get.
any suggestions?

Saami
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Philipines in October?

Postby Saami » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Getting a pre-approved Vietnamese visa online from one of the many Vietnamese visa agencies should take no more than a week, maximum. In fact it could be done in as little as a couple of hours if you are willing to pay for rush service and fax your documents to the agency. Just saying. I'm not going to mention any specific agencies cause I don't know what the kiteforum rules are for stuff like that, but just do a search and you'll find them.

trod27
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Utah
Favorite Beaches: Gorge, Los Barilles, Deer Creek
Style: freestyle
Gear: Slingshot, Moses

Postby trod27 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks I did find that out. And you are totaly correct. I am leaning back again to mui ne. I am getting mixed reviews on wind for begining of October

trudy2surfing
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bulabog Beach, Boracay
Favorite Beaches: Bulabog Beach, Boracay, Philippines
Watergate Bay, Cornwall, UK
Style: non-existant
Gear: none
Been thanked: 0

Postby trudy2surfing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:02 am

I can only speak from what I know in terms of where to go in the Philippines and that's Boracay; Bulabog Beach - Kite season starts here from mid-October. Bulabog is a reef break and has consistant wind and waves. This spot is becoming very popular and there are a number of good quality hotels and guesthouses on Bulabog, either owned by kiteboarders or enthusiasts - so well set up with storage areas as well as shops for any bits you need to replace or forgot to bring. I'm a long boarder myself so don't have direct experience (yet) but have a lot of friends here who do Kiteboard

Return to “Travel”