Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Strapless back roll, back loop pics...

Forum for kitesurfers
Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Strapless back roll, back loop pics...

Postby Billy B. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I was very happy that a friend caught some shots of this trick, I wish the kite was in view, it was on a 13m dyno on a light day. I am landing about 25% of them and am just stoked becuase it has been a long process, and they seem to be geting easier ans much higher. I also wish I would have not posted it backwards....sorry start at the bottom and go up..... my bad...
Attachments
SL BR 14.jpg
SL BR 13.jpg
SL BR 12.jpg
SL BR 11.jpg
SL BR 10.jpg
SL BR 9.jpg
SL BR 8.jpg
SL BR 7.jpg
SL BR 6.jpg
SL BR 5.jpg
SL BR 4.jpg
SL BR 3.jpg
sl br 2.jpg
SL SR 1.jpg

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Strapless back roll, back loop pics...

Postby FredBGG » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Nice!

A buddy of mine does a back roll and kite loop strapless without a grab.

Took him a lot of work to nail it, but now he nails quite a few every day!

Dave is his name... rides in so cal and central coast.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Nice Billy. A friend of pulls those on a regular basis...there is nothing that breaks more boards...he averaged a board per 2 moths for a while. Shortest life was two session..the longest was an aviso and now the skater is overtaking it...

Fred: I can sometimes do the backrolls, but not at all consistent. I guess I am as consistent as the wind I ride in...that is not at all.. :-)

Billy B.
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strawberry, Big Bad UT Lake, Rush mudpuddle.
DC
Favorite Beaches: Strawberry, Rufus,, Hampton NH. San Diego lite wind ninja shit.
Style: Learning,... as in I am still learning.
Gear: 2014 north gear

All of it
North and Race boards
North twin tip and directional yummyness.
Surfboard and strapless play stuff.
Brand Affiliation: I am a North snowkite athlete.
Been thanked: 0

Postby Billy B. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks guys, I have been working on the no grab front and backrolls also, but we often have lite winds so grabing the board is my only option some days, Learning this trick on 17 was hard for me. I keep blowing grabbed front rolls though, I refuse to give up. I rarley have a chance to do photos so when a friend pulled up next to the lake I was just happy to get one backroll done in the 5 or so minutes he was there!

Learning these tricks in small chop on a lake has been hard, I wish I had ocean swell to huck off of, even now I find my self going to high and having to spin seven, (which i havent landed yet) or drop hard and I am afaid to land on the board so I toss it aside.

On a side not I have been jumping on a nugget for about a year now and havent broke it yet. It is my second one but this one got pounded at the gorge and the OR coast and daily around here. Some times I land 10+ footers. Thoose aviso b-1,2,3 boards look sick though I thought they would be super burley but have also heard they blow up.. Shame the idea is sweet!

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster

Postby FredBGG » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am

tautologies wrote:Nice Billy. A friend of pulls those on a regular basis...there is nothing that breaks more boards...he averaged a board per 2 moths for a while. Shortest life was two session..the longest was an aviso and now the skater is overtaking it...

Fred: I can sometimes do the backrolls, but not at all consistent. I guess I am as consistent as the wind I ride in...that is not at all.. :-)
I sometimes do backrolls... normally by accident... and they tend to end in a mess... my testicles have already filed a complaint with social services :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”