jack bush
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: bandit 6

Postby jack bush » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Westozzy wrote:
jack bush wrote:The swivel works just fine.
Had Bandits for a few years now, never lubricated the swivel and never cleaned it... now and then washed the bar in sweet water, that's it.
If there is tension in the lines then the swivel will work.
No tension then it gets stuck and won't twist.

Color coding - The lines are coded red, grey and green, and there is a big red "Fone" on the left floater and a green one on the right. enough for me.

Okay tell me how you actually unswivel the front lines with this thingamajig. ??
They unswivel by themselves, you don't have to do nothing.

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:57 pm

jack bush wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
jack bush wrote:The swivel works just fine.
Had Bandits for a few years now, never lubricated the swivel and never cleaned it... now and then washed the bar in sweet water, that's it.
If there is tension in the lines then the swivel will work.
No tension then it gets stuck and won't twist.

Color coding - The lines are coded red, grey and green, and there is a big red "Fone" on the left floater and a green one on the right. enough for me.

Okay tell me how you actually unswivel the front lines with this thingamajig. ??
They unswivel by themselves, you don't have to do nothing.
No they don't. The point we trying to make. Only way is untwist is to get someone on land to do it or untwist before your session. Which you should be doing anyway.

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:33 pm

No, they never untwist on their own but there's another way to do it without smb's help. You need to reach the swivel by energetic pull of the central lines to yourself and unroll the lines. Since the swivel is approximately 1.5 m away from you doing it is a tricky thing and has to be done with lightning speed otherwise the kite stalls and falls down. I learned to make it without kite falling. I am very surprised how F1 could make such a nice kite with such a crappy device :cry:

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 pm

lisaped wrote:No, they never untwist on their own but there's another way to do it without smb's help. You need to reach the swivel by energetic pull of the central lines to yourself and unroll the lines. Since the swivel is approximately 1.5 m away from you doing it is a tricky thing and has to be done with lightning speed otherwise the kite stalls and falls down. I learned to make it without kite falling. I am very surprised how F1 could make such a nice kite with such a crappy device :cry:

best way to do it is to learn your tricks both ways

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm

My bandits' swivel works great as well.
Never bother seperating or untwisting thecentral lines, as soon as there is tension in the lines they ubtwist.
I do rinse my bar and lines in sweet water almost every time but not all the times.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm

noticed in my place lot of people started to sell their bandits V.

really, that much crappy?

JMF
Frequent Poster

Postby JMF » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 pm

lisaped wrote:No, they never untwist on their own but there's another way to do it without smb's help. You need to reach the swivel by energetic pull of the central lines to yourself and unroll the lines. Since the swivel is approximately 1.5 m away from you doing it is a tricky thing and has to be done with lightning speed otherwise the kite stalls and falls down. I learned to make it without kite falling. I am very surprised how F1 could make such a nice kite with such a crappy device :cry:
I see what you mean. What I try do is tug at mini 5th line separating it from centre line. Sometimes that works as well.
eree wrote:noticed in my place lot of people started to sell their bandits V.

really, that much crappy?
B5 was never such a big hit. I think the B6 will be a good mixture of the B4 and B5 if that makes sense. The B5 seemed to aim squarely at the Wake-Style/Free-Style aspect of Kiteboarding and lost touch with the Wave scene where the B4 excelled and still does. Still cant find any video of it flying.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:51 am

I may be wrong but my front lines are always under tension and they DO NOT swivel out.

Either you have a very special thingamajob or you are not looping the kite enough!

I really like the bandit 5, I enjoy it's thinner leading edge which tries to fly more forward to the edge of the window. And the kite loops so well and is so forgiving.

Not sure about the surf characteristics as I have a 12m, for lighter winds on my sector. A great combo.

Not familiar with the b4 characteristics but yes I can see what you mean there is a fair bit of freestyle potential built into it.

jack bush
Medium Poster

Postby jack bush » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 am

Do you guys rinse the bar and lines in sweet water ?
Maybe that's the key.

JMF-
I find that the B5 can be thrown from side to side faster than the B4.
Both IMHO have a very good drift.
A lot of my kite bodies prefer the B5 for waves because of that.
What characteristics do you think lacking in the B5 for wave-riding ?

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:33 am

JMF,

I disagree with you about wave riding qualities of B5, until now it has been the best of the bunch when it comes to wave riding. REO is nice as well, but it's pretty one sided ie. it doesn't jump at all. With B5 I can do strapless freestyle when flat, and when waves I can do them as well. Best of both worlds. Very solid kite, B5 that is.

Return to “Kitesurfing”