screwfootsc
Medium Poster
Style: strapless
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flying

Postby screwfootsc » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:20 am

:?:
Last edited by screwfootsc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

1st session on the 8m Nitro V2

Postby windrupted » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:09 pm

I just had a pretty good session flying the 8m V2, I was out with mostly 9m's 10m's and 11m's. I am 84 Kilos. I had it on long lines (27m). The turn was slow and pulled very hard. They don't market it as a wave kite but it pulled like hell and got me through long sections going really really fast. Needed some footstraps, boosts were crazy: twice as high as expected and a bit hairy (for being on a light surfboard). It was clean sideshore wind and I think Nitro is a good name for this kite. I think it is the perfect kite for average guys in foot-straps on directionals that like big boosting and charging down the line. It was yanking me off my board at 1st because the bar pressure is lower yet the thing pulls like a Mack truck.... It was yanking me around till I re--wired my brain for the new lower bar pressure. Next time standard lines and the heavier setting on the back lines. Fun kite in perfect wind. Upwind I was doing better than some of the guys on 10m's. Fun day!

magnil
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Switch Nitro V2 Review and first impressions...14M and 1

Postby magnil » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 am

Thanks for your excellent review! I see that you also have tried the Element. I have tried Element 9 and 13. Like the 9 a lot but think the 13 maybe has a low windrange? I am 83 kg and feel very overpowered in 20 knots. I just want a park-and-ride kite with good windrange and easy to handle in gust etc.

How would you compare the Element and the Nitro V2? Which one is "easiest"? Best windrange? More?

Very thankful for your opinion!

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

In 20 knots an 8m or 9m is working perfectly, why would you fly a 13m? Element is more neutral, easier to fly. Nitro creates a lot of power when you turn it. That could get you boosting higher, if that's what you want. Element's are less demanding.

magnil
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sweden

Postby magnil » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 pm

9m Element does not work for me in 20 knots. Maybe it's because i am inexperienced or that it's gusty at my normal spot or a combination of that.

snorr
Rare Poster

Postby snorr » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:20 am

At 15 knots my element 11 lights right up, last weekend I was out on the element 15... Beautiful and forgiving kite, but it was lulling down to 9 knots where I need a solid 11 or 12 to get upwind on the 15 with a wide twintip.

I'm really looking forward to the nitro v2... Sounds like switch killed it by improving on some of version 1's shortcomings. Now that's a kite with some serious pull!

screwfootsc
Medium Poster

Postby screwfootsc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:09 pm

:D
Last edited by screwfootsc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 pm

screwfootsc wrote:I had a 11M element. It was a great kite, fun, light bar pressure and drifted well. It lacked low end though....
oh! so now it is the common knowledge?

when i first talk about it there was a lot of opposition to my opinion, to say it softly.

and let me guess, method v2 will be with the lite bar?

well, i know i'm never going to experiment with switchkite again. especially after they raised the prices twice since first launch...

screwfootsc
Medium Poster

Postby screwfootsc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm

:girl:
Last edited by screwfootsc on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:35 am

Hi Eree:
Grunt per unit square area has never been a part of the Element mission statement. Element is a bridled 'C' with relatively low projected area for a user-friendly, low bar pressure, easy re-launch all-rounder. Simple enough to choose a size from 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 for most conditions/uses. People looking for raw power will enjoy the new Nitro V2.

Unfortunately Switch does not control international currency exchange rates so when there is enough of a change on either or both the supply or customer side, an adjustment is necessary.

Method V2 has adjustable bar pressure to satisfy a wide variety of users.
Cheers! :thumb: :thumb:

Return to “Reviews”