naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Switch Nitro V2 Review and first impressions...14M and 1

Postby naishdude » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:15 am

Hansen Aerosports wrote:Hi Eree:
Grunt per unit square area has never been a part of the Element mission statement. Element is a bridled 'C' with relatively low projected area for a user-friendly, low bar pressure, easy re-launch all-rounder. Simple enough to choose a size from 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 for most conditions/uses. People looking for raw power will enjoy the new Nitro V2.

Unfortunately Switch does not control international currency exchange rates so when there is enough of a change on either or both the supply or customer side, an adjustment is necessary.

Method V2 has adjustable bar pressure to satisfy a wide variety of users.
Cheers! :thumb: :thumb:
Hi Bill, thx for your previuos reply(ies) on this and other Switch items, it shows the open spirit in which a brand like Switchkites is working.
One more question on tne method V2, will setting the method in light bar pressure, change the flying character of the method V2?
Thanks
Frank

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Hansen Design » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Frank:
No.
Other than an increase in stability in gusty winds, the Method's popular flying characteristics are retained. There may also be a user-option turning speed adjustability however quicker turning often becomes more pivotal. This feature is currently being tested in Hawaii and NZ and will be determined soon.
Cheers! :thumb:
naishdude wrote:One more question on tne method V2, will setting the method in light bar pressure, change the flying character of the method V2?

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Hansen Aerosports wrote:Frank:
No.
Other than an increase in stability in gusty winds, the Method's popular flying characteristics are retained. There may also be a user-option turning speed adjustability however quicker turning often becomes more pivotal. This feature is currently being tested in Hawaii and NZ and will be determined soon.
Cheers! :thumb:
naishdude wrote:One more question on tne method V2, will setting the method in light bar pressure, change the flying character of the method V2?
Great news ! Thx well done!, looking forward to it!
Sorry to get into the nitro topic for this...
But in the same time, I hear and see great things about the new Nitro!
Keep up the good work!
Frank

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:25 pm

[quote=
One more question on tne method V2, will setting the method in light bar pressure, change the flying character of the method V2?
Thanks
Frank
,[/quote]
Turning speed options would be a good thing, and allow the use of different length line sets to fine tune for local conditions. Right now where I live there is a lot of NW windswell and surge pushing a strong N-South longshore current. Tricky conditions, you need to fly more kite sometimes, even though the kite is sitting in high gusty wind the long-shore current saps all the apparent wind and power. Long story short the Nitro V2 goes very quickly from on to off and is not the best choice in sheltered, shadowed conditions: some of the guys are flying bigger more stable kites (like Rallys, Rebels, Crossbows) that pivot faster and have more range to deal with these power eating currents and holes in the air. That is the normal condition where I live. The Method really shines in stormier more variable conditions. If there is one area I hope to see improved in V2 Method it is the stability to help hang on when getting hammered by gusts. Smooth out the ride....make it easier.

Having said that I had a great session on my 10m Nitro yesterday riding alongside an 11m Crossbow in early, steady wind. I was going upwind at about twice the angle of my lighter friend, there are perks to the Nitro's massive power when it's in the sweet spot. When the wind picked up and got crazy the more delta like Rally seemed to handle and absorb the wind spikes, holes, and currents.
Last edited by windrupted on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Hansen Aerosports wrote:Hi Eree:
Grunt per unit square area has never been a part of the Element mission statement. Element is a bridled 'C' with relatively low projected area for a user-friendly, low bar pressure, easy re-launch all-rounder
then why do you started Element 15? elements totally suck in lite winds, i've seen 13th with my own eyes, i don't have to read forums, your own team rider was present:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2371423&hilit=element&start=20
Hansen Aerosports wrote:Unfortunately Switch does not control international currency exchange rates so when there is enough of a change on either or both the supply or customer side, an adjustment is necessary
now that is especially a pathetic lye.
switch prices raise in percentage is much much higher than even crappier by design and quality slingshot kites for the same period of time!

jb8431
Rare Poster
Local Beach: sherman island
Style: freeride, freestyle
Gear: core kites

Postby jb8431 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Eree,

What are you so angry about mate? First of alI, I really find it sad that you probably don't have a clue what Bill is talking about with regards to economics. But those of us with an up to date understanding of the currency wars going on globally one can appreciate his comment. With QE3 now the next phase in the infinite devaluing of the US currency you might want to skip buying your next kite and save it for milk and bread anyway.

As for the Element comment...well who cares what you think. I watch the Forum and don't own any switch kite, but Switch responded to customer demand and clearly stated the design goal of the Element and has always pointed to the nitro for light wind perfomance advantage.

So what is your beef really? My conclusion is that you are either a troll or just plane ignorant.

Forgive me for being blunt, but I was offended by your comments to Bill.

Any way no hard feelings, but let's be realistic :thumb:

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:09 am

I like Eree's posts. I read them in a thick Boris Badanov and Natasha (or Borat) accent just for fun. It would be hard to improve on his dialogue for the part. Sasha Cohen's got nothing on Eree for pure entertainment. Keep them coming.

Return to “Reviews”