All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Switch nitro v2 8m in waves?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:37 pm 
Frequent Poster

I'm interested in the nitro v2 8m and wanted to get some feedback on it for riding in waves strapless. I know people will probably recommend the element but I also like to ride in flat water with a twin tip when it's super windy so I would like a kite that can do both.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Switch nitro v2 8m in waves?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:52 am 
Rare Poster

Hello Jwoodunlv,
It depends a bit on your style, wind and waves. The Nitro V2 shines in flat water and on a race board but the smaller sizes are also fun in the waves. The Element turns quite tight and with a pivotal turn. Some love it, but I prefer a more powerful turn especial for my first bottom turn. The Nirto and the Method will give you exactly that. So I don't think you will regret getting the 8.
Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm 
Frequent Poster

When I do get to kite in waves it's side onshore wind so I have to follow the kite more and I like to turn the kite aggressively when slashing off the top. Does it drift ok?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:24 am 
Rare Poster

If you are in onshore conditions you want a powerful turn. The 8 and 10 will work fine. The drift is good, but the Element drifts better.
I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:00 pm 
Frequent Poster

I just tried a 10m Nitro V2 the other day, and another buddy of mine was on his 12 SB, and I was on the Nitro, He had issues staying upwind, I had no problem @ all, and I'm a bit heavier. I ride the Method 12 and 9, and I really, really enjoy how they perform. But I would've not being able to stay upwind on my 12m Method as I did on this kite, and I was staying upwind no problem with the 10m V2, very powerful, and quick, but not quick enough, the Method is explosive fast, you think of turning and bam is there, it just feels perfect.

It had a great boost, but so does the Method, but the Nitro glides sweet. You kinda drop out of the sky with the Method, Nitro this is a jumping machine.

So, for waves? mmmm, not sure, it felt a bit slow for the surf, surf was low the day I took it out so not sure ow it performs, and it was about 14-16 kts, cross on. Bar Pressure was perfect, where as the Methods is a bit much.

Hope this helps, if you can demo them, I feel the NV2 is more of a freeride booster.

p.s. I hated the Element, its low end sucked (for me), I hated how light the par pressure, I couldn't feel where the kite was, love how it turned, and I've heard is great for unhooking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 am 
Frequent Poster

Can anyone tell me how much of the 8m Nitro V2 power - turns off when you push the bar out ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:37 am 
Rare Poster

You may have to fit a longer depower line, had to do this for my Elements. Found that if I adjusted the cleat to give me enough throw that there was only a couple of inches of depower available. Replaced the depower line with a longer one and problem sorted.

[ 7 posts ]