All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Static Shocks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am 
Very Frequent Poster

jakemoore wrote:
About 15 years ago I took care of a person who was struck by lightning in the burn ICU. He was golfing in the vicinity of a thunderstorm, swinging his lightning rod in the air. We had one inconsiderate intern who kept whispering "Oh Rat Farts!" when ever we rounded on the the poor guy.

The electricity travels through the body, producing very deep burns of muscle and other soft tissue, sparing much of the skin. Unfortunately this injury required multiple disfiguring skin grafts and left permanent disabling atrophy of the muscle in both arms and one leg. In addition he was not quite right in the head after that.

Jake

... yep, so if you get static shocks, its time to head in!!

Post subject: Re: Static Shocks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm 
Medium Poster

Puetz wrote:
jakemoore wrote:
About 15 years ago I took care of a person who was struck by lightning in the burn ICU. He was golfing in the vicinity of a thunderstorm, swinging his lightning rod in the air. We had one inconsiderate intern who kept whispering "Oh Rat Farts!" when ever we rounded on the the poor guy.

The electricity travels through the body, producing very deep burns of muscle and other soft tissue, sparing much of the skin. Unfortunately this injury required multiple disfiguring skin grafts and left permanent disabling atrophy of the muscle in both arms and one leg. In addition he was not quite right in the head after that.

Jake

... yep, so if you get static shocks, its time to head in!!

yeah man i packed it up soon after ... i could see the storm line heading our way and the lightening was behind that line , but i didn't wanna fuck around for much longer

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2