Repair of F-One Bar ... How???

forum for kitesurfers

Chris1973
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Brand Affiliation: None

Repair of F-One Bar ... How???

Postby Chris1973 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 am

I've recently bought a used bandit 4 that came with the 2012 bar (the guy told me that it was replaced from the dealer because the 2011 was defect) but even though the bar and lines does seem to be little used the hole grip is pealing of it and i don't know how to fix it. Does anyone has any idea how i can glue it back on without coming off in the next session and without ruining the bar???
ps. Great kite but the bar quality is tragic, i have bars from 2009 that look better than this one. :( .

fourperf
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Repair of F-One Bar ... How???

Postby fourperf » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Chris1973 wrote:I've recently bought a used bandit 4 that came with the 2012 bar (the guy told me that it was replaced from the dealer because the 2011 was defect) but even though the bar and lines does seem to be little used the hole grip is pealing of it and i don't know how to fix it. Does anyone has any idea how i can glue it back on without coming off in the next session and without ruining the bar???
ps. Great kite but the bar quality is tragic, i have bars from 2009 that look better than this one. :( .

Contact cement

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Re: Repair of F-One Bar ... How???

Postby eldadgold » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 pm

I think that you can replace the bar under warranty.
Usually Fone customer service is very good and they had some issues with 2012 bars as well as 2011...heard the factory that made them used the wrong material or something.

Return to “Kitesurfing”