Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airush support sucks!

Forum for kitesurfers
GrodanBoll
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Airush support sucks!

Postby GrodanBoll » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:05 pm

I´ve been riding with Airush Varial X this year and I´m very happy with the kites, but I´m far from satisfied with the support from Airush!

I have sent them 3-4 mails through their website with questions and thoughts, but not a damn answer even though I´ve waited patiently for months!

Not that I´m a big customer to Airush, but still some kind of respons would be nice... thinking of switching to another brand due to this poor customer service.

Anyone else who also has experienced this ignorance from Airush?

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Airush support sucks!

Postby Brent4336 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Do you have a warranty issue, or are you asking about trimming/proposing improvements etc..?

Schmidy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby Schmidy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi GrodanBoll,

I apologize for the lack of communication from our brand. We have had some issues with our website in the past months but this shouldn't have affected out email services.

There is no excuse to not getting back to you and I apologize. We are in the middle of expanding our efforts in the customer service area with dedicated personale to further assist in our customers queries.

I have PM'ed you so I can personally assit you.

Best Regards
Schmidy

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:37 pm

I had a warranty issue with an airush bar a few years ago. The response times from airush were ridiculously slow. 2 weeks just to get any response. It was nearly 4 months by the time I was able to get a new bar (not a free bar, I paid a reduced price for a new one old stock bar).

In contrast, I had an issue with a warranty issue with an epic bar, and within 2 days of sending an email to Dimitri, the new part was on my doorstep!

exuma kitesurfing
Medium Poster

Postby exuma kitesurfing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:47 pm

yeah, i hear ya .
a friend and i were both launching kiteboarding businesses in 07. he convinced me to try airush kites, as he was getting ready to place an order. i guess this must have been around the time a company call trident was buying airush (i think). airush made us pay for the kites and shipping up front. i guess we got lost in the shuffle ... the kites arrived much later than promised AND they (trident) charged us for shipping AGAIN, although we had already paid up front (all documented on the invoice) - big bummer! their explanation was airush was sold to them and they're not going honor the prepaid shipping, really?
during my second session testing the 12m lift (keep in mind the control bar only had three to four hours use), i kitelooped and the control bar literally exploded when the kite was at the five o'clock position in the loop. i emailed and called them hoping to get a warranty replacement bar and they refused me. i tried to sell the kites (still have them, what a waste!) and went back to using slingshot ... who btw has top notch customer service.
i know this was some time ago, but it really made me feel cheated.
Last edited by exuma kitesurfing on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster
Style: All-around
Gear: Airush

Postby Kyle_F » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Aloha Exuma,

It sounds like you got caught in the middle of a distribution change. I'm sorry to hear of your struggles during that time.

I have worked with Airush and its US/Canadian distributors since 2003 and I have seen many changes. In the last 4 years, Airush has been growing in North America due to its increased product development and customer service.

It is now 2012 and things in the customer service department have definitely changed for the better. I'm sure your story would be different if you were riding Airush now.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

kyle@tridentsports.com

exuma kitesurfing
Medium Poster

Postby exuma kitesurfing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm

that does not change the fact that airush/trident sports stole the shipping cost from bill of osprey kitesports and would not warranty the bar - probably around $325 total ... not a lot. but like most, we all work hard for our money.
it's very simple to fix, REFUND THE MONEY! (i'm sure osprey and airush/trident sports has a record of the transaction) short of that, no lip service necessary!!

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster
Style: All-around
Gear: Airush

Postby Kyle_F » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Aloha Exuma,

I'm confused. Pre-paid shipping? Generally orders are not paid for until the product is boxed and ready to ship.

What was the claim on the bar? There had to be a reason the warranty was denied. Please fill me in on all the details and I can help you sort out the simple fix.

Everyone works hard for their money. :)

John-B
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Troon Scotland
Favorite Beaches: Pigs Bay El Medano
Style: Having fun!
Gear: 2017 Airush Union 6/9/12 and 135 Shinn Ronson
Brand Affiliation: Airush/Shinn

Postby John-B » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

GrodanBoll wrote:I´ve been riding with Airush Varial X this year and I´m very happy with the kites, but I´m far from satisfied with the support from Airush!

I have sent them 3-4 mails through their website with questions and thoughts, but not a damn answer even though I´ve waited patiently for months!

Not that I´m a big customer to Airush, but still some kind of respons would be nice... thinking of switching to another brand due to this poor customer service.

Anyone else who also has experienced this ignorance from Airush?
]

Are these the Airush kites that, as you stated on here, got from the guy who you know that is a 'reseller' when you switched from Cabs? Can he not help you out?

Not saying you don't have a legit issue but you have been called out on here a couple of times dude... Is it about you under inflating the 9m and taking it out in 40knots? Hope you worked out which way your footpads go on your board pppffftt!

exuma kitesurfing
Medium Poster

Postby exuma kitesurfing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:24 pm

seriously, airush/trident had an opportunity to make good back when they initially screwed us, so please don't waste my time asking for details now ... i'm over it!
both of our kiteboarding operations are proven sustainable businesses since we launched them in 07. i can assure you, had this not happened, we'd probably still be using airush gear. that said, think of the amount of sales you've lost in the last seven years from both of our businesses because of the way you handled this situation. learn from your mistakes!

Return to “Kitesurfing”