takunnn
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish: Come Fly With Me

Postby takunnn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Why are there only 2 videos of naish fly? :o :lol:
Kevin langeree has a photo in the sand of the beach with the Fly, but there isn t photos riding with it or any video.... :roll:
I think is the same bored big kites that don t work in twin tip board if the wind is less than 11-12knots.
I like to see more videos,no promocional videos with 13-16 knots, with a normal light wind 8-12 knots, with more kites in the water ..for comparate. :thumb:

pitbulldoug
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fortaleza,Cumbuco,Uruau,CE Brasil Ventura Co.California
Style: Wave and foil
Gear: Naish Kites/Wings,ASD surfboards Fortaleza CE Brasil,Kalama supfoil, MHL kitefoil,GoFoil surffoils,Scrivy Surfboards CA.Axis foils,Camet winging boards,Starboard/Airush Wings

Postby pitbulldoug » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 pm

plummet wrote:hahah. the power of a 17 with the turning of a 12! does it pump like a 6? what a load of marketing crap.

get out the wind meter and show some light wind. riding in offshore conditions right behind a sand bar or small island is doing to look buttery smooth and light. it could be 15 knots easily... how do we know? we don't,,....

What don't they show how the kite performs in swell waves and whitewash in light wind? why because it wont be performing that well,/..... aaaarrrg!.

ps this rant is not aimed directly at naish. but any company that shows there kites in potentially missleading ways.
plummet why dont you try the kite first before talking trash!! Im 225lb been kiting for since 04 and have never ridden a kite with that much grunt/pull before it is pretty unbelievable tried it for for my first time a week ago and bought one and had my maiden voyage two days ago in well overhead surf on sets and went out at first in 13-15mph almost glassy in the inside conditions where my 14m park would of struggled the waves were firing and I was having a blast,thats what I got it for! turning is what you expect for a big kite slow,but the lowend pays off for it,just gotta crank it and it is totally doable.Im super stoked on mine, might not be for everybody,but for the big guys it's happening!

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:13 pm

tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works

Postby tony montana » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:55 pm

The guy on video if you look at depower rope,its seems to be depowered quite a bit.yet he seems prity powered,amazing Tony

takunnn
Rare Poster

Postby takunnn » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

The guy of the video is Ewan Jaspan...one of the best kiteboarders of the world!!!!!
Nice, nice video :thumb:

calibra
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Guincho
Nova Vaga
Fonte da Telha
Lagoa De Albufeira
Style: Freeride, Freestyle, Wave ride.
Gear: Blade Vertigo 2007 8m
Bangkiteboard Bowmoq 136X43
Surf Board Bluebottlhe 5.10 epoxy with 4 fins 4WFS

Postby calibra » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 pm

why all the videos here in this post are with off-shore winds?? and all very close to the sand??? :think: :think: :think:

i think you can see more light wind here in this picture, i was riding a Blade Fatlady 17m with a 137cm SU-2 TT board, i have 1.98cm and 98kg, i was ridind without any problem with on-shore winds, and you ca see how many kite are in the sand and look to the strus, all up!!!!

it´s just my opinion, i don´t say that Fly it´s not a good kite, but i think it was a bad choice with this videos to promote a lightwind kite!!!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 pm

calibra wrote: it´s just my opinion, i don´t say that Fly it´s not a good kite, but i think it was a bad choice with this videos to promote a lightwind kite!!!
..but the guy is saying that right out...there is more wind than it looks. I mean how much more clear can you get?

The point is that if you choose to be hyper critical there is nothing that seems good. Why not just see it is a fun video riding on glassy water? That you can throw a trick in light winds?

I don't don't think the point is to prove that the kite is doing anything that the laws of physics isn't letting it. I think the point is to show a big freeride freestyle kite that works in light winds? And it does accomplish that.

Personally I am glad that they are not doing the look at the wind meter it shows 3 mph I can do something that no other kite can...one guy on this forum claimed he could ride in 0 mph wind for 10 secords with a raceboard (different kite). Those are the statements that I think is weird.

takunnn
Rare Poster

Postby takunnn » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 am

What is the weight of naish FLY? Less 4kg? More 4.5kg? :roll:
And the weight of Blade Fat Lady?

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:39 am

takunnn wrote:What is the weight of naish FLY? Less 4kg? More 4.5kg? :roll:
And the weight of Blade Fat Lady?
It dosent matter, they are both big ass kites, that works in light wind.. Buy the one you like. They fly in "light wind" they dont change the sport, they just makes it fun a little bit earlier..

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:33 pm

I think it's a cool video. Seeing Robby ride is always sweet. There is no magic here. Insert any big light wind brand of kite and the results would be more or less the same. If you have been kiting any length of time you should know what you and your equipment are capable of in light wind. If you have the right board and kite combo you will have some awesome fun on "there was no wind" days. The best part for me is ripping along thinking I'm stealing something in light wind when there is barley a whitecap in sight. In that video, I don't need to see a wind meter, I can tell what I need by seeing how the other riders are doing. Naish wants you to need a Fly. Nice vid.

Return to “Kitesurfing”