Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

forum for kitesurfers


sarc
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:01 am

North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby sarc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Does anyone have the below dimension (A=front pigtail length, B=nose line length from kite to joint, C=distance between the 5th line attachment to leading edge - inflated. C is just to be sure)

for:
2012 Rebel 8m
2009 Rebel 12m

The lengths stamped on the lines in a little fabric label are way off the actuals I measured - by many cm. So either the labels are wrong or the lines are wrong.

Thanks a lot!
Attachments
IMAG0321.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:43 pm

The odds that on 2 kites all the "little stitched cm tabs" are way off is mind boggling

By way off do you mean longer or shorter than printed

Also are R / L different in length or even

Longer just mean they have stretched..........shorter is just plain weird and a clear mislabeled cm

Are you they original owner and bought them bought new

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby William Munney » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:01 pm

The 2009 Rebels should get the noseline modification- an extra line that goes to the center of the leading edge.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:01 am

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby sarc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 am

Thanks guys
Lines are 5 to 12 cm shorter than printed label... with a couple cm difference left to right.

They are bought 2nd hand!

Thanks William but how long is te nose line for 2009 12m (dimension C)... Cheers :bye:

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:47 am
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby William Munney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:09 am

sarc wrote:Thanks guys
Lines are 5 to 12 cm shorter than printed label... with a couple cm difference left to right.

They are bought 2nd hand!

Thanks William but how long is te nose line for 2009 12m (dimension C)... Cheers :bye:


Can't measure it right now, it's on its way for a repair. The noseline mod may still be available from North at no charge.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1547
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby JGTR » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:41 am

Usually if you pump kite up and lay it LE down on the floor, draw an imaginary line between the 2 front lines the 5th line should also the same length.

Not sure how true this is but it worked on my kites before (not rebels)

sarc
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:01 am

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby sarc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:24 am

JGTR wrote:Usually if you pump kite up and lay it LE down on the floor, draw an imaginary line between the 2 front lines the 5th line should also the same length.

Not sure how true this is but it worked on my kites before (not rebels)


Thanks I'll try that!

p.s. Anyone with numbers - would be glead to hear from you...

User avatar
Dan-at-North
Frequent Poster
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:09 am
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Taranaki, Baja
Style: I crash. Often and with panache.
Brand Affiliation: NKB Rep, West Coast/Canada/Baja
Location: Hood River
Contact:

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby Dan-at-North » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

2009 Rebel 12m: front pigtails are 116cm, nose line is 204cm (not sure how that is measured, but assuming it's the length of each of those lines.

2012 Rebel 8m: front pigtails are 115cm, nose line is 226cm.

Feel free to PM me with further questions.

-Dan

Oh, and forgot that "extra noseline" for '09 kites... See attached file for instructions, but the length of the line should be 227cm... It should be just a little slack when the kite is flying.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 966
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:01 am

Re: North Rebel pigtail lentgh - Help Please

Postby sarc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:08 am

Dan-at-North wrote:2009 Rebel 12m: front pigtails are 116cm, nose line is 204cm (not sure how that is measured, but assuming it's the length of each of those lines.

2012 Rebel 8m: front pigtails are 115cm, nose line is 226cm.

Feel free to PM me with further questions.

-Dan

Oh, and forgot that "extra noseline" for '09 kites... See attached file for instructions, but the length of the line should be 227cm... It should be just a little slack when the kite is flying.


THANKS A BUNCH DAN!!!!!!


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alysum, geotrouvetout67, iriejohn, www.kite-surf.com and 16 guests