Style: freeride
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2013 north Xride vs 2013 north jaime

Postby dimitri12 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been riding a 2011 135 north team series, most of the time in flat water. my type of ridding is mostly freeride ( high jumps, backrolls, etc...) . I love the way the board edges to load and pop jumps , but also when I finish my sessions I feel a bit of knee pain and would like to go for something that offers awesome pop but that also helps my knees. so my question is how this two boards compare to my team series?. I am a bit concerned that if I go with the 2013 jaime , which has been redesigned will have practically the same stiffness as my team series and won't make that much difference or if I go with the Xride will be to soft and won't provide enough edging and pop to jump high. I appreciate any opinions. thanks in advanced.

flybykite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Nitinat Lake, BC, Canada
Mui Ne, Vietnam
Style: Old School
Gear: Shinn Monk
V8K Ozone Edges 7&9

Re: 2013 north Xride vs 2013 north jaime

Postby flybykite » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:55 am

Havent tried the 2013 but I have the 2012 x ride and have riden the Jaimie. The X ride is softer on the knees for sure especially the longer 140's but you will sacrifice the pop and edging on this board comparitively. Check out the Shinn Monk. A much better board that can do everything well and be easy on your knees. Theres hundreds of reviews out there without a bad thing said about em.

Dan-at-Duotone
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: Go
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

I think your description of the board you're looking for pretty much defines the completely redesigned 2013 Jaime... They have actually softened the flex through the center from last year(which was already more flexible than the Team) so that it should be more comfortable on your knees. At the same time, they have squared the outline further so that it is more of a poppy/freestyle shape, and they've increased the rocker to soften landings on your knees.

It is also 10% lighter thanks to increased use of the carbon rails.

So overall, the board should continue to offer really good pop and landings, but does so with increased flex so it sounds like it should hopefully be exactly what you're looking for.

The X-Ride is still our more-flexible option that would be meant more for freeride/carving, and probably does not offer the pop that a freestyler would want.

Just a caveat: this is based on seeing the board and hearing from the designers... I have not ridden the new Jaime yet and have not spoken to anyone who has. Hopefully we will get more info when the new boards land this week and start getting some water time. And for the record, this is definitely the board that I am most excited to try.

-Dan

dimitri12
Rare Poster
Local Beach: miami
Favorite Beaches: miami
Style: freeride
Gear: north

Postby dimitri12 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Dan,

Thanks for the info. Yeah!! definitely I look forward to hear from you once you have tried the new Jaime. I am waiting on those reviews to confirm that what the designers say is true.

Return to “Kitesurfing”