Keros Beach - Limnos
Gear: 7/9/12 North Vegas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flexifoil Hadlow ID vs Hadlow Pro

Postby bencce » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi,

i checked quite a lot of reviews and forums on these kites.
Im having a 3 noth vegas but will move to London next month for 2-3 years and would like to change my whole quiver.
im doing almost only unhooked tricks (started to practice handlepasses from raleys, backrolls, sbends) sometimes hooked in rolls but not interested in jumps when you have to send back the kite.
I understand the advantages of ID however to only thing which i consider is that it handles gusts better than the pro.
I have no idea unfortunately how much it counts. Also i dont know how gusty is the wind in the UK, but would expect steady winds (correct me if im wrong:)). I dont really like changing kites during a day because the wind is gusty, im too lazy for it:)
Is there andybody who have ridden both of them and could share his/her experience / thoughts / opinion?
cant decide between them...

peet
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Airush Razor / Livewire / Cypher / Wave / Vantage
Shinn ADHD
Brand Affiliation: Team rider for Airush / Shinn

Re: Flexifoil Hadlow ID vs Hadlow Pro

Postby peet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:44 pm

I rode the Hadlow Pro (11/9/7m) all last year, and have used the Hadlow Id a lot (12/10m) this year, whilst still using the small sizes of the hadlow pro.

If someone were to come to me, and ask which kite is for them, my answer would be as follows:

If you want a kite with a good wind range, something you can boost easily with, which is stable and easy to fly, and are possibly unhooking, but perhaps not doing (or working towards) more complex tricks like airpasses and mobes yet. Then the Id is the kite of choice.

If however, you are either air-passing already, or looking to progress onto that soon, and want a kite with a bit less bar pressure than the Id, explosive pop, more slack, improved direct feel & more power in the loops, then go for the Hadlow Pro.

There is quite a bit of overlap between the two kites though. If either of the descriptions above don't shout out at you, then you'll likely be fine with either kite :)
I ride in the north east of England, and the wind is *ALWAYS* gusty. I have no problem using the HPro, but I am used to it.

I know you don't want to change kites as the wind changes, but to be honest you have to, if you want to unhook with confidence. Even if a kite has a huge windrange, you wouldn't want to unhook with it when its outside of its optimum range.

I'm sure you've probably seen all these, but just in case you haven't:
http://www.forcesix.com/hadlow-id-and-h ... -back.html
http://www.forcesix.com/2011-flexifoil- ... eview.html
http://www.forcesix.com/2012-flexifoil- ... eview.html

For what its worth, I'm now using the Hadlow pro again full time, but i have improved a lot this year, and I'm seeing the benefits of using it whilst air-passing.

bencce
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Balaton - Hungary
Favorite Beaches: Balaton - Hungary
Keros Beach - Limnos

Postby bencce » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:18 pm

this was really really helpful! thank you vm!
im kinting in hungary and we are alsso really used to gusty conditions!
i think i need to buy the pro quiver:)

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 am

just to add to what peet said, if you're in gusty conditions the c kites will have a much larger range in which they can unhook also... bridled kites have better hooked in range but for unhooked you cant beat a c kite

bencce
Rare Poster
Keros Beach - Limnos

Postby bencce » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

i asked flexifoil, new hadlow pro will arrive around xms time :thumb:

bencce
Rare Poster
Keros Beach - Limnos

Postby bencce » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

i asked flexifoil, new hadlow pro will arrive around xms time :thumb:

DirkGently
Medium Poster

Postby DirkGently » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:43 am

Have only flown a 12 ID, but I have flown 7,9,13 Pro's and they are stupendous.

The bar/chickenloop takes a bit of getting used to. Dont be afraid to send the kite too, I focus primarily on kite low unhooked in the boots but the 7 and 9 pro are pretty fun to boost* and loop on.

Fringe benefits of Flexifoil? Best leash in the business! And lines that are almost guaranteed to cut through anyone elses in the event of a tangle.

Return to “Kitesurfing”